AJW

MOC: London Underground tube station and train

Here's my latest project, please click on the photos for a bigger version:

5231804144_4f3e2de856.jpg

5231223139_e1f23cd1b5.jpg

5231844124_3cbb507c00.jpg

AWESOME is the right word for this, very nice train, but it's the platform...beautifully tiled and those walls....the walls - you caught the right curves of an underground station. I'm going to study this design further to see how you do it ! *oh2*

I hope you get FP'ed for this....it's worth it ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'AJW' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I don't normally venture into this part of the forums, but this is a wonderful creation!

You've done a wonderful job tiling and curving the walls, that it's too beautiful for words. The train is also very nicely done, could we see the full version of that, if there is one?

Also, an overview picture would be nice as well, to see how large this whole thing really is.

I don't normally venture into this part of the forums, but this is a wonderful creation!

You've done a wonderful job tiling and curving the walls, that it's too beautiful for words. The train is also very nicely done, could we see the full version of that, if there is one?

Also, an overview picture would be nice as well, to see how large this whole thing really is.

Yep. I'd love to see how he did the curved walls too.

OP, great work!

Oh wow, I agree the curved walls are what makes this beautiful MOC a winner. How you did it is beyond my comprehension (I see you've used some type of paper-insert technique - quite clever), and it really looks great and just perfect for this tube train station. Exemplary work AJW! default_thumbup.gif

Wow, great job and those walls are just.... amazing. How did you do it? and can you show us some overall pictures of it?

Perfect :wub:. It looks 100% like the london underground (but the train isn't late in your moc :tongue:). I would also like to see how you achived the wall effect. More pics please and this is front page worthy.

Thanks, CB

Did you guys asking how it's done actually check AJW's flickr photostream? :tongue:

5231193473_072e4abb65_m.jpg

Last train of the night - 13 by studhead, on Flickr

Although I'm not really a fan of using LEGO this way to create curves, the effect is fantastic. And your photography skills make for an excellent presentation. :thumbup:

Great MOC! It is very realistic. I too particularly like the curved wall and the technique used for it. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

My, my, what a moc! :thumbup: I don't mind what technique is used, (as long as it's Lego) if the ending result is this staggering.

If I may make one criticism? It looks far too clean to be a London tube station! :tongue:

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Please mind the gap between train and the platform...this is Piccadilly line to Cockfosters :thumbup:

Brilliant MOC, the wall is awesome :thumbup:

Now that's a clean and nice looking underground station. I especially like how you guys are able to make the walls bending into a tube shape.

This is wonderful, very realistic though it DOES look a little clean - from what I've heard it's incredibly grotty down there. Still, that's a minor gripe because this really is one very well thought out little display.

Will/Rocketbilly

If I may make one criticism? It looks far too clean to be a London tube station! :tongue:

haha!! very true!. also realised that it looks clean.

overall great job though!! :thumbup:

Nope, I don't agree with this depiction of the tube. Where are the fat people? The screaming kids in SUBs/SUPs? Idiots blocking the entrances? :hmpf_bad:

Just kidding :sweet:, I think it's a very cool MOC. I also wondered how you managed to create the curved wall, but it works!