Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

Those new pics, looks really great. :cry_happy: I'm really looking forward to the sets, can't wait to buy some.

the Inventor

I love old-timey LEGO cars, so I'm disappointed that the only two in this line come in bigger sets that don't interest me much. I hope I'll get more luck with the second wave. The biplane is nice, though.

Notably, in the set with the motorbike, its "shell" is a different color than its original appearance as Mutt's motorbike in the Indiana Jones theme. There it was black with dark red printing; here it's dark red with dark bluish gray printing.

All the vehicles are gorgeous, as are all the giant statue-creatures besides the rear half of the sphinx. I suppose to make it simple enough for kids to build, LEGO ended up making all four legs identical. What this means is that there's this unsightly gap between the legs and the rear part of the "base", and a rather ugly rump as well.

Characters look great, and I look forward to an update on the Pharaoh's Quest website where we get a good look at the ones we haven't seen in detail. I hope they also have as much personality as the two who have been featured so far on the preview site.

Love these pics, I want pretty much every set so far. They seem to have captured the feel of the 1930s pulp explorer.

Interesting (as an Atlantis fan) to see another theme use big monsters as foes, like that scorpion.

I love the whole theme! The pyramid especially is what I'm looking forward to, and I just hope it has a nice interior. The one set that I'm the least impressed with is the cobra. I feel that the cobra's hood could have been brick-built. I don't think that would have been too difficult for them. And the jeep seems off to me. I love the other vehicles, but the wheels on the jeep seem too big and raise the body up too much. Should be easily MODed though.

I'm curious to see if the obelisk from the biplane set and the shrine from the cobra set can and are meant to be placed on the 6x6 openings on the snake and scorpion pits in the pyramid set.

Pharaoh's Quest pics for Peppermint_M :classic:

The sphinx looks weird, but everything else is awesome! :thumbup:

Oh no! My wallets going to be running out! But these look SOOO cool. :thumbup: The ummm.. everything looks really good. 1 flaw though, the explorers have rifles, not my beloved thompsons that I need. Here they have a thompson:

pic2EED3CA4794BD0DEEDF750A2486E9FC2.png

That;s from LEGO.com if you are wondering. Strange... I wonder why they changed the guns.

Yay! Pharaoh's Quest is looking just plain awesome.

Set Review! :cry_happy::oh:

Kewl! But why does everyone that gets the new sets first always have to have crappy pictures!? :grin::hmpf:

Yay! Pharaoh's Quest is looking just plain awesome.

Set Review! :cry_happy::oh:

Wow, that was fast.

Anyway, I like the new details in the pyramid. It's a shame that the pyramid is still the only set containing the sarcophagus piece. On second thoughts I may get the sphinx set. I just realised that the sphinx set should come with some of those jackal-headed mummies, which would have made it more appealing to me. Also, the mummy in the cobra set has a tan headdress now, which is a bit of a shame as I thought it was going to be gold. Still, it has some nice snake printing.

Some observations:

- Looks like a lot of stickers. Or are they printed pieces?

- Every set has a cool vehicle except the one impulse set

- Modern assault rifles? Wow.

- Female minifig is always notable.

- What is the giant snake's head made out of?

- Pyramid set is huge, but it does have a big specialized baseplate

Pharaoh's Quest is looking pretty cool!

It's like Johnny Thunder all over again! :cry_happy:

I'm going to have to get these.

-A.S.

This Pharaoh's Quest theme looks pretty neat! I must say this theme is much better than Atlantis. It's nice to see pharaohs, mummies, sphinxes, and Egyptian elements in sets. The pyramid sets looks great! :thumbup:

I am really impresed with these sets.

- Pyramid set is huge, but it does have a big specialized baseplate

You are right, look at the place where the giant scorpion is standing,and look at the closest baseplate part,and you will see a little smooth place.

I cant wait for these sets to come out.

Gamer.

Edited by Gamer

Yeah great! Just push out all the big news on my busy 8am - 10pm days :hmpf_bad::wacko: Joking of course!

Finalised pics, yeah! Gotta get me some of those small and medium sized ones for sure. The winged and anubis mummies look especially awesome! And a bunch of black kopesh are a welcome addition to my armoury!

On a further note: Seeing the torso and face designs of the human figs in this line I come to think, that the supposed "cowboy" of the first collectable figs line would fit in perfectly as a trigger-happy companion to the bunch here... was he a teaser for this line after all? :wink:

Good times!

Every year I find myself worrying that the next year is going to empty wallet, mostly because of the great new themes that are being released. It's starting to get a bit annoying! :laugh: (tomorrow I'll send an e-mail to TLG, to make them stop making such wonderful sets! :grin: )

Pharaoh's Quest pics for Peppermint_M :classic:

7305-1.jpg

7307-1.jpg

7326-1.jpg

7306-1.jpg

7327-1.jpg

7325-1.jpg

The sphinx looks weird, but everything else is awesome! :thumbup:

Oh I'm so getting these! I love all the sets, and the long ponytail in orange! Thanks for posting these.

Box art pics and prices :sweet:

7325-1.jpg

Price:€26,95

7307-1.jpg

Price:€15,95

7306-1.jpg

Price:€7,95

7305-1.jpg

Price:€3,95

7326-1.jpg

Price:€39,95

7327-1.jpg