Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

The Legend Of Mary Jane

You have created another excellent MOC. Congratulations!!!

Moreover, you have developed your very own, easily recognizable style of building stone-made houses. My question is: how firm are your buildings when made of small plates (mainly 1x1 round plates)? Can you grasp the whole house, keep it in your hand and move it to another place?

Edited by Jonas

It's good to see another creation from you Derfel Cardarn. This is quite spectacular. :wub:

holy crap derfel, i'm an absolute fan of your work, what i was wandering though, is whether you could every now and then share some wip pics with us, so that we could see how you're creating this fascinating stuff

Wow, it's a amazing MOC . Great job :thumbup:

How time have you taken for build it ? :classic:

this is sick! respect! awesome work! looks so vivid, flow of creation is perfect, lot of small details, lot of big details...wau....

Marvelous! You really feel the life inside it! The flourishing nature, the well-detailed village... I'm completely fan!

This is just jaw-dropping fantastic. The angle of the buildings really makes this for me.

OMG ....

Picking up jaw

This is AMAZING, I've always been a fan of your dioramas, but this is ...... I can't find a word to describe it ... maybe supermarvelous ....

Thank you for this amazing MOC!!!

Pirate

This is just... AMAZING !

This MOC is wonderful by its dimensions, its many details and sense of realism : we feel a real life in this village.

Great job !

Thank you Derfel Cadarn - I've missed seing new MOCs of yours. This one extremely well executed. I really love your style.

What a great moc, but a very sad story. I highly doubt there was no sickness after Mary-Jane was burned and maybe the father discoverd he was wrong.

The houses are great, the landscape is terriffic. I like the pig fence and the green pond also very much.

This is amazing. It's hard to make Lego look organic and lifelike, but you succeeded here. The cobblestone is just brilliant. In the first shot I thought it was spray paint until I saw the close up of all the little pieces you used to make it look like that. This is probably the best historic themed MOC I've ever seen.

Wow.

This is fantastic!

It is so dense with details and so tightly built!

Very very well done!

Thankyou everyone for all your great comments!!!

I hope to be building quite a lot in the castle theme for a while, as I have only really built in pirates. I hope to continue my camolot project for my next moc and then hopefully build part 3 of Myths & Legends once ive settled on the story. I was going to have Sleepy Hollow for part 3, but i'd like to build that in a very dark colourscheme like the film, so need to stock up on the bricks which means it will probably be part 4.

Simply amazing! This is stunning, i bet you never want to dismantle this one! How many parts were used?

Really not sure, as theres quite a bit in the baseplate structure alone, although I think theres probably around 3000 1x1 round plates(which is a serious bugger when it comes to dismantling and sorting into colour!)

You have created another excellent MOC. Congratulations!!!

Moreover, you have developed your very own, easily recognizable style of building stone-made houses. My question is: how firm are your buildings when made of small plates (mainly 1x1 round plates)? Can you grasp the whole house, keep it in your hand and move it to another place?

Yes they are very sturdy. When i first tried the technique I realised that it was weak and you also had lots of gaps between each round that let the light in. So, I build a inside wall of regular grey bricks so the whole wall construction is 2 studs think. This stops the light and gives a firm sturdy build. So kind of like building a standard grey house and then building a 1x1 round shell around it. Great for houses that are merely for display with no interior, but if I want interior then I have to build a 3rd wall of 1x1's on the inside, so very parts consuming.

holy crap derfel, i'm an absolute fan of your work, what i was wandering though, is whether you could every now and then share some wip pics with us, so that we could see how you're creating this fascinating stuff

Thanks, I dont usually post w.i.p pics as I prefer to just release the complete thing. But I did post wip pics of both Myths & Legends mocs ive made. Should be on here somewhere. The wip pics for this moc show a few ideas and buildings that were scrapped from the final version.

Derfel, have you considered selling your creations?

I don't think I could part with any of my mocs and bricks, but I would be more then happy to buy parts in for medieval houses and build them to sell if people were interested. Any house or building on a moc ive built can quite easily be made again and sold if someone really wanted one.

Wow, it's a amazing MOC . Great job :thumbup:

How time have you taken for build it ? :classic:

The moc spilts in two, and the half with the mill and stream took me about 3 weeks of building, changing and tweaking. The front half with the village took under 2 weeks, as im pretty quick and used to making medieval houses, so it was just a case of building a base, placing the houses on and adding the plants and other scenery.

Thanks again!

This is simply fantastic, you never dissapoint. There is so much win in this MOC, I'll just sit back and enjoy it.

You truely are a MOC expert!