JCC1004

Have you ever experienced paranormal activity?

Ok... This is certainly the topic for me!!! I've had (and my family too) LOTS of paranormal experiences... I've been told by a psychic that I had medium abilities which I should develop, yet I decided not to... you will then understand the reason. I'll just tell you some of these experiences, since they are really many.

The first one I can remember is this one:

I was about 8. On the holidays we used to go with my family to a small cottage in the mountains (the pre Andes range). It was a really deserted place, having just a few houses around it. I remember we were walking through the mountains with a couple of friends when we saw, at a higher mountain top a shining cloaked human figure which stared at us. I remember that I felt a lot of sense of PEACE. After discussing it with my friends, they told me they had felt the same, so we decided to comment it with the priest of the village and he strongly thought that we might had seen an angel.

When I was about 15, my grand ma died. A few days later, we went with our family and our dogs to a country house we own, and which was owned by my grand ma. One night, we were all in the park, watching the stars when our german shepperd started barking wildly, starint at the inside of the house. The house has a corridor which links four bedrooms which face the garden with huge windows. We ALL saw my grand ma walking along the corridor, passin in front of each bedroom's door and the enter the living room and disappear into the dining room.... Scary.... That same day, my brother who had stayed in our appartment studying, raised his face from his book, only to see my grand ma sitting in front of him, smiling sadly. He was completely freaked out and left the apartment running and wouldn't go back to it for almost a month!!!!

A few years later, I FELT I should go and visit my grand pa (who is must be one of the persons I most loved in my life), who lived 1200 km from us. I remember that when leaving back home, I strongly felt he was saying goodbye. A few months later, he got really ill, so we all decided to go and see him. Since it was a holiday, we couldn't get plane tickets anywhere, so my parents rented a small plane for them and mi sister and me took a bus. During the night, I felt a huge void in me. I looked at my watch, turned to my sister and told her "Grandpa has died". When we got to my grand pa's city, we were told he had died during the night. I was asked to make arrangements for the burial, and remember that, when I read the death certificate, the hour stated for his death was the same at which I had felt it. For months after that, I remember having "dreams" with him, in which we talked and discussed some serious problems my parent were having. I've always believed they weren't "dreams".

After that, my experiences diminished. I was told that it was because I blocked them. I only had dreams of things to happen during these period (funny stuff, such as letters arriving, or seeing university teachers I didn't know and who then came to be my teachers).

Until this year. With my girlfriend we moved to a really old house which is haunted. We regularly see our "guest". He is a middle aged man, really thin and wearing a suit. He looks sad and just stands by a window and looks at us. Strangely, he isn't scary and we are planning to call a priest so that he can leave and have peace. The only thing he did, that was disturbing was the following. One morning, I woke up to the sound of really loud music. I was alone in the bedroom with the doors closed. The music came from the contiguous room, where there is a music player. My first thought was that my girlfriend hadn't realized the time it was and that she was listening to music. I got up really angry, asking my girl to turn down the volume, only to find out that the house was COMPLETELY empty (she had gone out for a walk) and that the music player had started itself "alone"... although it was unplugged!!!!!!

The reason why I didn't want to develop my medium capabilities is the following:

The same thing runs in my mother. Twenty years ago, she dreamt with an aunt who had died. Her aunt told her a date, and exact and precise date. It was the date when my mother's brother died in a car accident. She still lives with that and I prefer not to know things like that...

If you found this interesting, I've got some more from me and friends to share.

I had a black minifigure from space collection.

I just remember to left him in my lego´s box, after a friends´ visit. Few days after, he wasn´t there anymore!!! :oh:*oh2*

I never saw him again since then :sad:

I hope that he might be happy in other dimension...

Well, I guess we´ve all seen that occasional 'UFO'. :wink:

I have a bar of Norwegian chocolate that has gone walkabout from my room...

:laugh:

I don't think it was really a ghost, but one time my dad left the radio on, and it randomly said "OH MY GOD, GET OUT!." in the middle of the music. it was probably some ad or prank, he was playing through the speakers from his laptop.

About 5 minutes ago on the 7PM Project there was a woman who apparently had strange things happen to her. I can't remember what it started with, but I remember the following bits. One night, she was in bed, and the lights flickered three times. She was so scared she turned off the power! About a week or so later she was in bed again when she woke up at midnight, after feeling something jump on her. Over the next few days, this kept happening, with the intensity of the jumping gaining with each day.

She got help from a medium who discovered it was a ghost following her just to taunt her. The medium got the ghost to leave after a conversation with it... Truly shocking stuff.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts etc, but I think some interesting things happen when we're sleeping. I've had strange senses of deja vu, only to realise that I had dreamed something of a similar nature only a few nights before.

A few years ago I had a replacement maths teacher while my usual maths teacher was sick, and when he walked into the room, I was sure I'd seen him before, but I couldn't place it. Then he tripped over and smacked his head on the whiteboard, disrupting the lesson. It was then that I remembered that I had actually dreamt about a man who looked just like this, tripping over and doing this exact thing, the night before!!!

I don't believe there's any sort of scary thing happening, and I don't think I have "visions" or anything, but I think there is something extremely interesting connecting the human brain to time and space that is yet to be discovered...

You probably won't believe this but it's true :sadnew:

The night before micheal jackson died I was just sitting on

The couch and I was humming Thriller and thinking about

micheal jackson and then I got this weird feeling that he was

going to die very soon I kinda just ignored it because I thought

it wasn't true.

That night I woke up really early and had a weird feeling.

Anyway I went back to sleep and in the morning I was watching TV

and they said micheal jackson had died :cry_sad:

Oh and one day I was in my cousins house and I saw a giant meteor

that was on fire about an hour later a factory where my uncle used to

work caught fire!

I think the micheal jackson thing was just a coincedence.

Sorry to revive a smoewhat old topic but I figured that this topic would probably act as the single paranormal topic for Community. Plus I did'nt want to start a new topic so anyways.

Just the other day I was walking to a store to grab some groceries. I was passing these two houses that had vines and weeping willows on there lawns 9The lawns were on a steep hill leading to the houses). I was just minding my own business, humming a song when I looked to the right at the lawn. I saw my shadows and then walking behind me slowly was the shadow of a guy. Not that strange right, well it was'nt not yet. The man looked around and walked across the street seeming concerned about something. At least from what I could see of the shadow because when I turned around, there was nobody crossing the street, walking on my sidewalk or on the sidewalk across the street. I made sure to quickly look the whole street down but no luck.

The second is that in my building, we have six elavators that are constantly on the fritz. However one thing that has always happened is that you'll be taking one down alone and the it will stop at a random floor on the way to your destination. Now in a large building as mine this easily is explanible but sometimes it's very odd. Once when it happened I swear the elavator got colder but who knows.

Sorry to revive a smoewhat old topic but I figured that this topic would probably act as the single paranormal topic for Community. Plus I did'nt want to start a new topic so anyways.

It's perfectly fine you did!

Here's a relatively new story of my own experience:

I used to have a nice dog since I was 12. Sadly that nice female canine (she was female, so no insult used here!) passed away from awful cancer last december only days before christmas. Since I had been moving out and living ~30km from my mother's house, where the dog lived, I needed to rush there asap, when my sister called me early in the morning to give me news of the imminent parting of out beloved animal.

Because I have no car I needed to get there by train, which took some time, but upon me arriving she was still alive and somewhat conscious. My sister, brother-in-law and mother all were living in that house, so all the close family, except myself that is, had the opportunity to tell her their good-byes beforehand. It was in that moment that she consciously felt and heared me that she took her last breath and finally went to rest, me telling her good-bye. The faithful soul clinged to her little life for as long as everyone who loved her was assembled and paid their respects. This does not qualify as a paranormal experience, but the intensity of the dog's will to see me is somewhat extraordinary, isn't it? (So point one here)

When we cremated her in a animal-crematory in the local countryside, I instinctively took custody for her remains. And here the plot begins to thicken: The whole time I held the little box with the physical remains, I could actually FEEL some sort of wavelike warm presence from it! (Point two!)

And here's the crunchy part: One night in this year's february I was sleeping alone, when I suddenly awoke and felt a presence in the room. I remained still, yet let my look scan through the room. I noticed that my dead dog was lying next to my right leg, like she always used to do when I still lived at my parent's house. Her behind comfortably stretched in my direction, nose pointing to my feet. She looked aphysical, like steam brought into solid shape, not transparent but clearly not opaque either! I stretched out my arm and, ACTUALLY FELT HER! It was not a feeling as one has when touching something living, breathing, although she moved. It was like touching solid air, with the texture of her fur clearly defined and as in her best ages, as if rejuvenated into an ageless form.

I always thought, knowing I'm a little sissy when hearing of the paranormal, I'd freak out when something ghostlike would happen to me, but upon seeing and touching her, my heart and mind were filled with a wave of stillness and peace, as if a speechless voice told me: "It is all good." This solemn and peaceful atmosphere lasted for some minutes, me lying still and quiet and petting her back. And as sudden as it began, the manifestation dissolved into air again. (Point three!)

I can heartfully assure you, I was awake at the time! When she disappeard, I examined the blanket and vicinity of my sleeping place intesively, just to be sure I had not mistakingly petted some random soft object. But nothing!

It is since this day in february that I'm convinced death is not the end of us!

Here's some random info I read in J.Blofeld's travel-report of his journeys to Daoist temples in pre-revolution china: Esoteric Daoism knows myriads of different gods, spirits, ghosts and demons. What struck me the most was a quote by a monk he met in a bigger monastery, that said all these different spiritual manifestations have their own domains, plains and living spaces in our common cosmos. And the reason they usually are imperceptible to us is because they want and need to keep to themselves and would only show up to mess with the living. Unless they are departed souls of mortals, who may be guides to us under the condition we actually shared a close emotional and spiritual bonding.

That gave me lots of stuff to think about!

Edited by Cutty

I've been watching an awful lot of X-Files lately, five or six episodes a day. I'm in Season five at the moment, and it's starting to affect my dreams. I've been Agent Mulder twice this week.

So far, thankfully, I've yet to be Agent Scully. That would probably weird me out.

Dunno if what Agent Dunjohn/Mulder has encountered counts as paranormal experience for the purposes of this thread.

Well, I was building a POP set a couple days ago after I got back from TRU, and when I was building the crates for the Camel, I couldn't find one of the diamonds, dissapointed, I continued on, hoping I'd find it after the peices thinned out, unfortunately, I didn't find it. Then, that night when I was talking to my Sister, I felt something dig into my leg, I dug around there, and Lo and behold, there was the Diamond I had been looking for.

-ES-

Well, I was building a POP set a couple days ago after I got back from TRU, and when I was building the crates for the Camel, I couldn't find one of the diamonds, dissapointed, I continued on, hoping I'd find it after the peices thinned out, unfortunately, I didn't find it. Then, that night when I was talking to my Sister, I felt something dig into my leg, I dug around there, and Lo and behold, there was the Diamond I had been looking for.

-ES-

:hmpf_bad:

That is just you not finding the piece at the start and it turning up later. :sceptic:

:hmpf_bad:

That is just you not finding the piece at the start and it turning up later. :sceptic:

I found it quite a bit away from where I had poured out the bags, not to mention it seemed like it was missing from the Start.

-ES-

You guys have some pretty interesting tales to tell, I always loved hearing ghost stories and unexplained phenomena (UFO's Big foot etc.). For better or for worse I have no stories to contribute :sad:

I found it quite a bit away from where I had poured out the bags, not to mention it seemed like it was missing from the Start.

-ES-

Yeah that would probably be due to you just carelessly dumping the bags about, not a ghost :wink: .

I can tell some true stories too..

The bedroom I slept in when I was young was right on the other side of the bathroom, with the toilet. One night, I urgently needed to go to the toilet and went to the bathroom. At the end of the corridor was the door of the garage, with dotted glass you can only see half through. When I stood up, and walked into the corridor, I always had the tendency to watch to the direction of the garage, but that particular night I was, and still am, sure I saw something passing by in the garage, even though everything was closed! Even now I have goosebumps when I think of that night.

Another interesting, but sinister story, is one I heard from my mother, but she doesn't know I heard it. Also when I was younger, my aunt and uncle were on visit. When it got too late, I had to go to bed. Stubborn I was, I went out of bed again, and sat in the kitchen, which was next to the living room. The door was closed, but I could hear everything they said. Suddenly they were talking about weird things that happend to them, and then I heard this weird story:

It was an evening, many years ago; when I wasn't born yet, my parents were visiting these same uncle and aunt. They sat in the kitchen drinking a nice cup of coffee. To get there, they had to pass through the living room, where some old and expensive oak bufet and furniture were, with thick iron keys on it.

When it got a bit late, they were leaving to go home, passing through the living room again. Then they saw it. All keys of the big bufet were all bent into one direction. And you should know, it was almost impossible to bend them without a tool, and they were still undamaged when they arrived.

They also told some other stories, of objects that were gone one moment, and when they returend to that place they were back (stools, bicycle, stepladder, ...)

And I have some more weird stories of noises I heard and things I saw, but it is too long to type :tongue:

All of this isn't just a joke, but real facts that give you the creeps when they happen! :wacko:

1 - There is a Ghost in my house which turns the shower on at midnight.

2 - Strange black shadows appear in my garden

3 - A Ghost moves my road plates around at night

4 - Noises on the roof at night (sound like claws scratching a chalk board) default_oh3.gif

1 - There is a Ghost in my house which turns the shower on at midnight.

2 - Strange black shadows appear in my garden

3 - A Ghost moves my road plates around at night

4 - Noises on the roof at night (sound like claws scratching a chalk board) default_oh3.gif

1- Plumbing problems or family members

2- Stray dogs or unleashed dogs

3- Vandals

4- A cat.

I strongly believe in paranormal stuff, especially ghosts and UFO's.

When I was a boy we lived in an old mining cottage. For a couple of years there would be footsteps in my bedroom. On moonlight nights it was apparent that there wasn't an intruder or my parents/siblings checking om me. Nor were there any shadowy/dark figures. It wasn't just the floorboards shifting/settling at night either. The noise was quite deliberate - i.e the boards would squeak sequentially, rather than randomly. Also the family dog slept on my bed. If the footsteps approached my bed she would sometimes whimper, sometimes wag her tail. Used to scare the megablocks out of me. My parents didn't believe me!

A nurse I work with was with a patient and when he died, she claims she saw his 'spirit' rise from his body. She said it resembled a golden shimmering light. This is a lady who I know very well (both in and out of work) and in my opinion is not prone to lying or other flights of fancy. Indeed, she would consider making up such a story as disrespectful to the person whom had just passed away. Out of the at least one hundred people she has seen die, she claims to only have witnessed this once.

I can't offer any logical explanation for either event (and I have tried).

I would love to see a UFO :alien: !

One time is was cycling with a friend at around 01:00 am, we just came from an friend that lives like 1km out of town.

We were just cycling home and my friend saw a strange bright orange light in the sky I saw it to and it went less brighter every second and after like 1 minute is was just gone.

(No it was not a plane because it was a clear sky and it dissappeard...)

Last month, I saw two stars streaking across the sky at the same speed, time, and direction really fast. I'm pretty sure they weren't shooting stars or meteorites, but I don't think it was anything abnormal.

I have always believed in the paranormal such as spirits. My family used to tell me stories about a farm they used to live on which was haunted but I only went there as a baby and don't remember it.

I do remember some things. Throughout my life I have experienced little things, some of which have scared me, others have made me feel happy and some are just plain strange.

When I was really little before we moved house, I used to dream of a man a few nights a week. He used to talk to me, ask me things before asking me to go with him and everytime I told him I wanted to stay with my mum. Those dreams stopped once I moved out of that house when I was 4/5. Now when I think about it, I think it was my dad asking me to go with him. I was watching a paranormal show and a woman was saying people had asked her to go with them and she had nearly died when she agreed. I guess my dad wanted me to stay with him, strange but I haven't had the dream since I was really little.

A few years later, I woke up to see a huge black figure standing next to my bed. I know I wasn't dreaming because I was wide awake, it was bright and sunny in my room and I hid under the covers. Once my heart rate went back down I peaked out and there was nothing there. I got up instantly and went into my mums room, she was still asleep and no one else was in the house.

Another strange thing, which I still can't explain. This only happened once. I came back from school, let myself into the house and ran upstairs to the toilet. Now, the TV was switched off and unplugged and I was on the toilet when the thing turned itself on. I don't know how it happened because no one could have snuck into the house and turned it on without me hearing. That one was very strange.

One night, I was woken up feeling something moving around my bed. I had no pets at the time and nothing could have come into the house. On my bed, one of my soft bears crawled on top of me and slid off the bed onto the floor. I did reach down and pick it up, and it wasn't any different to how it normally was. I didn't go back to sleep for a while after that. That was scary and I took all my soft toys apart from Noah out of my room the next day. Never had that happen again, but it was strange.

When I was younger I had many pets, and a lot have come back to visit me, normally the same night they die. I remember the night Dexter, me second guinea pig died. He stratched my leg and ran off, waking me up in the process. Masumi, one of my first gerbils came back and was desperate to get back into his cage with Kenji, but I had to tell him to move on. Merrick, my syrian hamster came back and refused to leave my room. Kimberly, my rabbit, was the scariest. Before she died, every night she would wake me up, thumping her feet in her hutch. A year later I woke up and heard her thumping her feet. I knew it was her, nothing could have made that noise. Her hutch was long gone and the only pets I had where fish at the time. This really scared me and I didn't want to go back to sleep but I eventually did.

When one of my stick insects, Eric died, I know this is strange, but I woke up and was chasing him across the ceiling of my bedroom, grabbing at him, trying to catch him. The next morning he was dead in his tank. His friend Wes died a few days later. He hadn't escaped his tank, I think he was just saying goodbye.

One dream I did have made me realise something, my dreams can come true. I had dream of my cousins house. I had gone out into the garden, it was a cloudy day, the strange part was there was a circle of stones in the flower bed, no idea why it was there. About a month later, my cousins cat had to be put to sleep and my cousin had made the circle of stones around the grave. It kind of freaked me out but I didn't say anything about it.

The next time something happened was paranormal. We went to stay in a woods owned by a family which have lived in those parts for years. There was a story that the ghost only showed itself to those in their family. The guide camp started out normal and on the second morning me and my friend went into the woods on our own before everyone else got up to go get wood for breakfast. It was freaky in the woods, but I wasn't too bothered and decided to scare my friend who eventually ran off to camp and I just kept walking back. It was strange and I was sure I saw something out the corner of my eye a few times but didn't mention anything to anyone. The next few days where quiet and I went back to the tent I was sharing with some younger guides (I didn't have my own at the time so I had to share) and found them all crying. I asked what was wrong and eventually they told me they saw something in the woods and it was the same thing I had seen out the corner of my eyes. I sad nothing more to them, I hadn't told anyone and had only tried to scare my friend so this was strange. The last day came around and I decided to go ghost hunting. I went to the edge of the woods and could hear footsteps in front of me moving quickly. I followed the sound with two friends and ended up in a clearing. I sat down and asked if there was anything there could it give me a sign. I got a sign. A white mist appeared (this was the middle of summer, hot day with no mist anywhere) and just hovered in front of me. My friends screamed and ran away but I just sat and watched. It didn't scare me. I said thank you to it and it blew away in a large breeze which came from nowhere.

About three years later, my mum was looking into our family tree and found a link which meant we are related to the family. So the ghost was showing itself to me because I was related to it.

I used to go to my friends house, he lived on a farm on an area known as the moss by locals. My family used to live out there and had tales of it being haunted and I would always try to find something in the woods where my mum saw something but nothing happened. My friends house was strange though. His family lived the top floor of the house and I always stayed in his room when I was there. One night, I woke up and some random brown curly haired woman had opened his bedroom door and was watching us before turning around and walking out, closing the door. I was really tired, but when I woke up the next morning and asked my friend, he told me he had seen it too and thought it was just a dream. Pretty freaky. We asked if someone else had been in the house when his parents had got home but they hadn't come into the room at all.

Another time there, we where sitting at his computer, browsing the internet when all of a sudden it looked like the wallpaper in the room was caving in on us. We both jumped at it was gone, like nothing had happened. I asked if he had seen that, he nodded but didn't want to talk about it because it was his room and he didn't want to be scared in there.

When I was in my first year of uni, my nan died. I wasn't close to her or anything but the night she died, she came to see me. I don't know if I was awake or asleep but she told me she was scared, she was lost, scared and couldn't find my grandad. She also told me she didn't want to be cremated, but she was. I had dreams about her, she had huge black bags under her eyes, was very pail and thin and she kept trying to tell me things. I just thought in the morning it was nothing, I went to classes and went back to my halls when my mum called. She told me my nan had died in the night and her body had gone missing. Everything made sense, her telling me she was lost. I later told my mum about the dream and she went very pail when I explained how she looked. I hadn't seen her for years because she was in a home for people who had strokes and I didn't want to go. She wasn't interested in me anyway. My mum said I described her exactly how my mum had seen her a few days before she died. It was pretty freaky and I didn't know why she came to me, but my mum said it was because I was the only one she felt she could come to like that, because I had always believed in the paranormal.

This year, my grandad died. The day he died, my mum came back from work early and bumped in our neighbour who asked her why she was home. She told him her dad had died and he looked shocked and told her he could have sworn my gradads car was parked in front of our house an hour ago. He knew my grandads numberplate as well which freaked my mum out.

Good thing for me was my grandad didn't visit me. I told my mum he hadn't and she said she wasn't suprised, his favourites where my cousins so if there was going to be any visits it would be to them.

The last thing wasn't really paranormal but was interesting. Now, I had a dream about a month ago that I would find the series two minifigures (don't laugh, this is awesome!) on the 20th in Coventry. I told my boyfriend and he didn't believe me. I was walking around Coventry on the 20th and found the minifigures in WH Smiths. Turns out my dreams really can come true, he's still skepticle but I don't care. It was pretty awesome.

I guess I have some kind of ability, like my mum and nan had, but I don't really know. I think its just a fun thing to have sometimes. I don't really like sensing stuff, especially when I'm on my own like the other morning. I had to walk to training at 5am on my own and I was fine until I passed one house. I don't know if there was anything there or if I just freaked myself out but it wasn't fun : D

2. I had something of mine disappear and I found it years later in a couch. The last time I saw it was in a different room. things like this have happened a few times. I was building my Temple Escape and was missing a 1X4 dark tan tile. I looked around for it and shook my clothes out. I went to borrow one off another set. I then looked on the floor nect to me and it was sitting there with the borrowed one in my hand. I also lost a light saber and looked around the room and found nothing. I went back an hour later and it was right in the middle of the floor. I doesn't make sense.

b]

OMG That happens with me too!!!