dr_spock

MOD: 3177 Mini Car

I did an impulse purchase of the 3177 Mini Car from the local toy store. I built it and it seemed kind of drab being black and white. To brighten it I added a splash of colour to it. I saw this colour scheme on a Volkswagen Golf a long time ago and thought it was interesting.

4234913829_8611d4b797.jpg

4235688944_2b504900c0.jpg

Hello!

It's nicely colourful! :classic: If you don't mind I'd recommend to always post a link to the original set which has been modified. This makes it easier for people who are not familiar with it, to spot the modifications. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I have seen some vw bugs with this color scheme, not exactly of course, but very similar.

I like it!

That's really good :thumbup: I was wondering whether to do the same with them as I have seen a lot of different Smart Cars with colourful/patterned panels (they are popular as company advertising cars in the local area). The basic design makes it a fun mod and you can populate your town with lots of small but different cars.

Harlequin!!!

Based off of the limited edition of 248 VW MKIII Golfs made called "Golf Harlequin"!

Pic of the real car:

harlequin_800.jpg

I also like how the LEGO colors match the real car. :thumbup:

Very cute! though it reminds me more of a smart car

Same here! :classic:

nice MOD dr_spock :thumbup:

The colours are very accurate.

Nice job! :sweet:

CommanderFox

There was also a Volkswagen Polo Harlequin (Harlekin in Germany).

Always thought it was the cutest colorscheme on a car ever, so i really like this MOC.

Sad thing is the block with the license plate, but yeah yeah, i know, its stickered ;-)

I love the MOD, great job making this a more interesting set! I did not like the way the back was open and am not sure if anyone has thought of this , but I added a few pieces on the back instead of the piece originally called for. In one picture you have the car pieces spread out it includes the original piece as well as the added ones. The other shows what it looks like after the MOD. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by shackleton

The lack of a back window is one of the things that bugs me a little about the car, so this is a nice MOD. Now go and add proper tail lights instead of only a big break light :grin:

The lack of a back window is one of the things that bugs me a little about the car, so this is a nice MOD. Now go and add proper tail lights instead of only a big break light :grin:

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but let me know what you think.

Edited by shackleton

Good idea for a back window that sits flush with the sides, shackleton. For mine, I used a 2x2 transparent panel right behind the driver.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but let me know what you think.

Something like that yeah. I was thinking about doing something similar once I get my copy of the set...

Simple yet effective modification. :thumbup:

I couldn't have said it better, I could see this car in numerous color schemes.

Maybe you could build more of these little cars and build something like this?

That was my idea too. I want to build this one, seen in Australia, as its smaller than the one in your link.

smart-car-stack.jpg

I couldn't have said it better, I could see this car in numerous color schemes.

I tried to upload some pictures of this car in different colors, but had some trouble. If you checkout my MOCPages I have done several different body and color MOD's, let me know what you think.

www.mocpages.com/home.php/15409