Duq

EB Tech Help

Recommended Posts

Sorry for again bumping an rather old thread, but according to the FAQs this is the right place to discuss technical issues concerning the EB website.

שָׁלוֹם: Obviously the forum software here allows the use of unicode characters beyond ASCII, including right-to-left characters. Can I thus still surf savely to Eurobricks.com using an Apple device? To what extend is Eurobricks affected by the unicode of death? Are there any filters implemented here preventing potentially harmful strings like the ones over at hxxp://i.love.my.mac.org.lu/minimal.html [please don't click this link / don't open this URL on an apple device as it may cause severe annoyances!]? Is the technical staff aware of this issue? How can I protect myself from pranksters adding those strings to signatures or linking to websites containing such content? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to instigate anyone to get into evil mischief, but I am seriously concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forum upgrade has altered the software, this means that old post content has to be translated into the new code. There is a script running to fix this, but it will take a little while.

If the problem persists and new posts do not show pictures for you, come and let staff know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

I can't see photos in new posts, just url numbers

This is already known and has been addressed in the post just above yours earlier today. The issue should be resolved in the coming days when the script is finished running. The Admins have said it could take a week for the script to complete the rebuild of old posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the buttons/icons at the top is not working for me. It is the one with three horizontal lines (it also has red circle with a number in it but, I think it is just for me). Has it not been turn on yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the mobile version the site collapses the menu to the button with three horizontal lines. It's supposed to overlay the menu on the page then, but that's not working for me on mobile yet either. The menu shows up when you swipe right though (it loads "next" to the page on the right). It's device (or browser) dependent though, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix that. I'm sure Hinckley will eventually get to sorting issues like these, but fine-tuning the desktop version has priority now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick said:

On the mobile version the site collapses the menu to the button with three horizontal lines. It's supposed to overlay the menu on the page then, but that's not working for me on mobile yet either. The menu shows up when you swipe right though (it loads "next" to the page on the right). It's device (or browser) dependent though, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix that. I'm sure Hinckley will eventually get to sorting issues like these, but fine-tuning the desktop version has priority now.

For testing purposes @Hinckley I have tested this in at least 5 different platform/devices and that overlay menu is not working on iPhone (iOS 9.x) and Android (M) for both Safari and Chrome. If I simulate the small screen size on a Mac (El Capitan/Sierra) or PC (Windows 10) it seems to work for Chrome and Safari but on actual mobile devices, they don't. Even on iPad, there is a horizontal scroll bar that appears below so the CSS code is not behaving as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, makoy said:

For testing purposes @Hinckley I have tested this in at least 5 different platform/devices and that overlay menu is not working on iPhone (iOS 9.x) and Android (M) for both Safari and Chrome. If I simulate the small screen size on a Mac (El Capitan/Sierra) or PC (Windows 10) it seems to work for Chrome and Safari but on actual mobile devices, they don't. Even on iPad, there is a horizontal scroll bar that appears below so the CSS code is not behaving as expected.

For what it's worth, the overlay menu behaves normally on my Windows 10 phone using either Edge or UC Browser. There are no other issues I can find with the rest of the site either, except for minor formatting issues also found on the desktop version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm so psyched for the new 2017 second half Lego Technic sets that I logged back in but I got to wonder why the site does not have https enabled and sends my data in clear text across the internet? Firefox keeps warning me to enter passwords..

 

PS: I came here from the FAQ not sure if this is the right place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16-7-2017 at 6:12 PM, lego_paul said:

Hi,

I'm so psyched for the new 2017 second half Lego Technic sets that I logged back in but I got to wonder why the site does not have https enabled and sends my data in clear text across the internet? Firefox keeps warning me to enter passwords..

Hi. You are absolutely right! We are working on installing an SSL certificate to make your data secure. Thanks for your concern though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hi. You are absolutely right! We are working on installing an SSL certificate to make your data secure. Thanks for your concern though.

Yay, finally. Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capparezza said:

Yay, finally. Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

It had been on our todo list for too long. I do need some time, because I don't have root access to the server. But rest assured, it's on the top of my list.

Thanks for bringing it up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hello. I currently have an issue with ranks.

 You see, as of now, I have made 12 posts (not including this one), but my profile still states I'm a New Member, with 9 posts. I can even see the New Member Section! What could be the reason to this?

Edited by Lyonel McBaseplate
Uh, right after posting this I became a Vassal. This is awkward...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lyonel McBaseplate said:

 Hello. I currently have an issue with ranks.

 You see, as of now, I have made 12 posts (not including this one), but my profile still states I'm a New Member, with 9 posts. I can even see the New Member Section! What could be the reason to this?

Posts in some area of the forum don't add to your total post count, like Community (if I'm not mistaken)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Posts in some area of the forum don't add to your total post count, like Community (if I'm not mistaken)

 Oh, so that's why... Guess I missed that part of the rule topics...

 And I wondered why my long post at Takanuinuva's topic on LEGO beings in Toy Story wouldn't count.

Spoiler

 I was already thinking it was part of some evil initiation ritual to Vassal-ity I hadn't been told about... :sceptic:

 Oh well. Thank you for clearing it up!

Edited by Lyonel McBaseplate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this exactly is the right topic to ask this, but it seemed to me to be the most appropriate thread to do so.

One of the reasons I joined this forum after being a lurker here for so long, is because I was perplexed at the sudden disappearance of the Embassy Forum awhile ago. It was a forum I visited often, specifically the main Ideas discussion topic hosted there. I looked all over the place for the forum after it seemingly disappeared, and for awhile thought the forum had simply just been dismantled. But if that was the case at least, I presumed they must of have moved the Ideas discussion somewhere else. Couldn't find it at all, there were even no traces of it in frequent members activity feeds, nor the All Activity feed.

But after I eventually joined, I was relieved to see it still existed, but still curious as to why it now has been completely hidden from non-members currently. :look:

Does anyone here know why this is the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea why that was changed. Guests should now be able to read The Embassy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rick said:

No idea why that was changed. Guests should now be able to read The Embassy again.

Really? Wow. Its been like that for awhile so I always imagined there was a reason. Well the Embassy is there when I'm singed out so everything must be hunky-dory. Thanks @Rick! You guys are awesome! :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rick said:

No idea why that was changed. Guests should now be able to read The Embassy again.

Thanks @Rick! :thumbup:

I know I may be a member here now, but at least for those still lurking here, it must be a relief for some to see the return of the Embassy.

Any chance that its obscuring from guests was in part due to a software upgrade glitch? :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

i am unable to download an attachment, sent in the forum. It was an official reference for the LXFML5 format, which i need for the development of my LEGO Universe Server. When the download of the file finish, the content is 0 bytes long, so it basically has no content.

 

Here is the file, which doesn't work: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6198

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is the best place to ask this...

I've recently stopped getting email notifications for the topics and forums I follow, I'm still getting PM and "you have been quoted" emails, but nothing else.

I haven't disabled it in my notification settings, and everything I follow has notifications enabled, so I can't understand why I'm not getting emails anymore...

And before you ask, no they're not in the junk folder - in fact I've even added the Eurobricks email address to my contacts to stop just that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the double post, but this is just plain weird...

I got a notification that said "commented on HELP!!!" (no mention of the members name), and when I clicked it, it went to a completely unrelated topic, that I've never even looked at! (Lego Ninjago 2018)

I don't know if this is related to the above problem, but I think it's a bit strange...

Edited by mocbuild101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been a bit of a hiccup with the forum upgrades (you might have noticed the down time yesterday) so it may be part of the problems that flagged to admin that things didn't go precisely as planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.