Christian

City 2010

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a hospital in this years batch yet, given its been 4 years since the last. When does TLG usually start leaking out information on the final few sets for the year? I'm not holding my breath though given how many large city sets have already come out.

I'm pretty sure in 2011 they will renew the Polices series. Maybe some Hospital sets will come along.

I don't know if this picture was already seen, but I found a picture of 8404 in the Brickshelf gallery of voyagetom.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/voyagetom/TSL2010/100_2871.jpg

I really like that tram. :sweet:

the Inventor

Thank you very much for such an excellent photo.

Thanks 'the Inventor' for the find, well the whole set is simply AWESOME ! :grin:

Rock on September - that bus/tram stop is fantastic !

So too the street sweeping truck - I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Tomorrow, Thursday 24th, I am going to be very, very poor:

img009jb.th.jpg

click the image to link to the full (huge) scan.

The page also lists the RRP in AUD as well as sale prices.

Full catalog here, but besides the TS3 stuff there isn't much else.

Last time Myer was selling EN's they sold out Australia wide in less than three days.

Other interesting stuff: the new police lambo, the space limo and police central, and the fire brigade and imperial flagship sets on the cheap.

Dont look at it as being poorer. You will be 20% better off :tongue:

Large High Res pictures of the 2 new city setsPictures link to HR versions 2881x1801 pxl.

8403.jpg

8404.jpg

Small pics!

8404-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

351701200f.jpg

351701200g.jpg

8404-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

8404-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

8404-0000-xx-33-5.jpg

8404-0000-xx-33-4.jpg

351701200h.jpg

351701200j.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

And grogall strikes again! Thanks man - keep them coming! :thumbup:

Anyway, there's not much new to say about the house, except that I am more and more psyched to see the (likely awesome) interior. As for the transportation set, all the vehicles look awesome, particularly the tram and the street sweeper. I also like that the Prince of Persia Dastan hair has made it into a town set, and it looks like the torso on the green-shirted guy is new. However, the includedc structures unfortunatley look even more generic and boring before, and the lack of design consistency is very annoying. Oh well, at least we get a green bike and two recycling bins. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

You've done it again 'grogall' and thank you for the pictures too. :sweet:

Looking at it this way, only the wheels on the sports car look out of place on a 4 wide again.

Note the new 'city transport' sticker design, gee Lego have discovered the real world. :grin:

The best thing overall in 8404, the 'city sweeper' - I agree with most that this could have been a seperate set and sold like hot cakes - I feel like taking on that vehicle design for construction/builders trucks.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Quick edit - look at the tram - it has small train wheels like the mine cars have - WE CAN HAVE THIS ON A TRACK - AWESOME !!!!! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

I think the public transport would have been better without the street sweeper and with the yellow sports car either removed or turned into a taxi similar to the one in the train station.

And here a HR image of the TRU Truck 7848

Picture links to HR version, Warning! 2881x1801 pxl.

7848_tru_truck.jpg

and just to compare!

3221.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

Wow these new picture changed my mind about the public city transport, the tram and bus look fantastic. But i do agree that the other structures look very generic, I probably wont even build them if i get the set :hmpf: .

Thanks for the new pictures, Grogall! :cry_happy:

Strange, I think I found a new set. Upon searching "lego 8403" on Google, this showed up:

A link to the brickset page of 8403, but on the Google image search bar, a picture of a set with a lady with a light-blue suitcase and a telephone booth.

Then, when pressed, it lead to the regular 8403. Maybe a 2011 impulse? *huh*

Thanks for the pics, Grogall! :thumbup:

I love these sets. The coach and tram are fantastic, and I like the 'mini-modular' house which will fit nicely with the pizza parlour from City Corner.

The trick now will be to MOC up some tram-lines, but I guess it'll be tricky without a huge number of tiles to create a road surface. Bricklink here I come.

Air-hostess girl makes another appearance - first the Heli-Limo, then the airport set, and now in the TRU truck. Nice torso, but I wish they'd provide more variety.

Thanks grogall. :thumbup:

After seeing the hi-res images of the public transport system, I will be getting a few of these to integrate the town into a transportation hub for the citizens. Lots of nice details in there and I noticed Prince Dastan hairpiece made it over to City too, plus the new "go green" bicycle.

I really like that light-rail in the Public Transportation set! The windscreen is very adjacent of a real one. I just wish that it came with some non-electric track, but perhaps it can be outfitted with train wheels to fit on a rail :classic:

In all, these are great looking sets, and it may get me back into City!

I really like the look the look of both sets. the colour schemes look fantastic on the bus and light rail :thumbup:

I like the look of the house with its treehouse, green rubbish bin and red mail box, nice little details that really add to the appeal of the set.

The figures all look really nice as well.

Thanks grogall and TLC (though not in the same instance)

That light rail looks excellent and I like the coach-style bus in it too, but as others have said the structures in that set are very generic. I probably will only get the Lego truck (the normal one, as the TRU version is likely to cost more), as I'm already buying too many other Lego sets this year. :tongue:

' but perhaps it can be outfitted with train wheels to fit on a rail :classic: '

Well 'Apollo' if you closer at the tram's side you can see those little train wheels used in the previous train station, dwarf mine and Indiana Jones mine car sets.

Oh, yeah thanks 'grogall' for more pictures, that TRU truck set is looking better and better, note the door way in the little shop is really reduced to 3 studs wide for the brickbuilt counter and barrel of toy weapons to fit everything in.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet: