JimBee

Flesh or Yellow Minifigures?

Which type of minifig do you like best?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite

• Yellow (only)
    • Flesh (all shades)
    • No preference

After searching multiple times and even asking other members, I found that there is no flesh vs. yellow minifig topic. (:oh3:)

I know this subject has been debated many times before, but there was never really a straightforward poll here.

So, you can vote on one of three choices:

Yellow: You prefer your minifigs to be yellow.

Flesh: You prefer flesh colored minifigures. This category includes all shades of flesh: light flesh (seen on most flesh minifigs), dark flesh (Mace Windu, for example), medium flesh (example, thanks to Svelte Corps), and earth-orange (example, thanks to Svelte again).

No preference: You don't like either more than the other.

I voted for flesh, because I think that they offer a more realistic approach than yellow figures, and the overall look is "clean". Flesh minifigures also go better with some accessories, such as blond hair.

To the staff: If there was any other topic like this, this topic can be merged or closed.

I voted No preference. I like both but not together. It breaks things up for me in that some most themes use yellow while when I build space, Harry Potter, or Indiana Jones I like to use flesh.

While I don't dislike the classic yellow by no means, I have come to love the flesh-colored figs. I like the more realistic touch they have, and as Jim said, they go much better with yellow hair and torsos, whereas such parts make yellow figs look naked. Also, the variety that the different tones of skin color bring to the minifigs is nice. So, my vote goes to the fleshies. :wink:

Yellow. Minifigs were and are supposed to be yellow. I didn't see the problem of licensed themes having yellow minifigs before 2004. It's just annoying to me. Yellow figs and fleshies look so weird next to each other. Why the change TLG? Look, they are meant to be yellow---> :classic: (Not all classic faces, but you know what I mean.)

I do prefer the classic yellows over "fleshies".

Why the change TLG?

Because Lando Calrissian looked wierd in yellow!

Edited by Mirandir

I like yellow only. Nothing wrong with the flesh minifigs in themselves, but it's an issue of continuity like gray and blay. I probably have around 500 minifigs, all of which are yellow, and they don't go together well with the flesh ones. What TLG is doing right now (yellow in in-house themes and flesh in licensed themes) is fine by me though, as I don't care about the licensed sets anyway.

Because Lando Calrissian looked wierd in yellow!

Yeah right! :tongue: I actually think that this Lando made by Saber-Scorpion looks really good in yellow.

Yellow all the way. Flesh might be more realistic in some cases, but it's just not the original. I think it also looks wierd for some cases, like Luke and blond hair.

Yellow, all yellow and nothing but yellow!

I have over a thousand minifigs and only ten of them are fleshies (Indiana Jones). I actually stopped buying Star Wars sets because of the fleshification (is that a word?) of the minifigs' heads.

:classic:

I like flesh.

I've even got to thinking that they should start making all minifigs flesh-coloured. However, if you look at the world of Duplo, which already uses flesh tones for its minifigures, there is a certain lack of racial diversity. Last time I counted S@H UK there were about 47 minifigs on sale in various sets, of which only 1 was dark-skinned - not very representative, and not what I want to give my kids. :hmpf_bad:

If they had a bit more diversity, I'd be happy to see a lot more flesh.

Edited by Wily Manc

I don't absolutely, positively, definitely, totally hate fleshies... but I don't like 'em that much either :wink: So I had to vote for the good old yellows.

Edited by Paradosis

No preference. I love both yellow and fleshie figs. Yellows work a lot better for normal minifigs by taking away that feeling of realism and likeness, while fleshie figs work a lot better the opposite, by actually looking like the characters they're meant to be.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

For a long long time I was opposed to fleshtone. Then as my collection of it grew, and variety increased I changed my opinion. It has it's place.

I use both. I have more yellow so I do use that more often, but there are several flesh figures I would like to buy now. I will be posting my first custom flesh tone figure soon.

I only have yellow figures I think, if you don't count some space robots or trolls. But I really don't care that much, the themes with fleshies give a nice opportunity for racial diversity what classical yellow lacks.

Yellow it is for me. I don't like fleshies. Realism and creativity are inversely proportional. Of course, when it becomes too abstract, then nobody can identify with it, including children, but my preferences lean towards abstraction over realism nonetheless.

I used to hate the fleshies but now with all the new indy heads i likes them.

Personally, I like yellow over flesh. There are no races in yellow, everyone is the same. Also, there is more variety. Fleshies are nice in licensed mocs, but I don't like them anywhere else.

I'm still irked by fleshie figs. But I voted No Preference.

I like my Licensed Figs as a collection. But it kills me that we get torsos that have great prints that have limited use because of the skin color.

Can you imagine Homer Simpson having a flesh colour?

:sceptic:

I know I can't. :wink:

Both are good, but I've found for my stop-motion videos (I'll upload them sometime) Fleshies just work out better in the videos, and if I mix Fleshies and yellowies (Racism to Legos :tongue: ) it just doesn't look good. So I say fleshies :wink: