Elves?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want them?

• I have to have them
    • I'd buy them, but...
    • I'm not interested in any more fantasy stuff
    • Depends on the sets

Has anybody noticed this? Map

I found it on Brickshelf while I was looking for elves.

It's probably been posted before, somewhere else in Historic Themes... But still...

Yes, that's what started all the elf speculation.

I didn't know about that map. It's interesting that they actually show an elf minifigure. I would've thought they would release elves this year though :sceptic:

If they don't create new factions, I don't know how they can keep this line fresh. The summer wave didn't really introduce anything new.

Yes, that's what started all the elf speculation.

Oh. :tongue: Sorry. But I didn't know about this, so it's good to know how this all started.

I'd rather have a new roman castle theme than even more fantasy stuff.

Hmm... elves would be very cool indeed, but it will depend on the sets. I do love the new fantasy era Castle line, so I'm just waiting to see what comes my way. If the line ends, great, more money for Bionicle and Power Miners.

A thought about Elves:

Wouldn't they work really well with the new tall minifigure elements being introduced in the Toy Story theme?

A thought about Elves:

Wouldn't they work really well with the new tall minifigure elements being introduced in the Toy Story theme?

No, since the Woody legs would make them twice as tall as normal minifigures (who're supposed to be adult size anyway). :tongue: In high fantasy, elves are tall and slender, but not taller than the tallest humans.

It's elves we're talking about, not giants. :laugh:

Speaking of giants, with the new larger minifig parts, we may see giants as a possible faction for next year

that wouldn't be too bad and it would give the elves an enemy. It would also give us non printed long legs.

Speaking of giants, with the new larger minifig parts, we may see giants as a possible faction for next year

That would really suck. I hope those larger minifig parts will only be used in toy story line.

All I can say is that if they have dwarves and trolls then they have to have elves. And I would buy the sets but they must make the elves for the fantasy theme to become more popular and last longer, if you know what I mean. :classic:

I'd like to see lego take castle and fantasy into two separate directions. Redirect castle to be more like medieval market, and take things like trolls, elves, etc and let them populate their own theme. The thing about this would be the purist castle fans would be happy, and while the fantasy theme could still incorporate castle-like elements (towers etc) it would be open to more than just factions and their respective forts.

What I'm thinking of is something like the turn-based strategy video games Heroes of Might and Magic, if anybody here has heard of them. Personally, they took up a lot of my time as a child if for no other reason than the different towns and their creatures. The basic premise is, there's a variety of towns you can build up with castles and buildings that have different attributes, and you use the town to build up an army of creatures that would populate that town and use them to take over other player's stuff.

I really loved these games (specifically HoMM3) because of all the creatures you could have in your ranks. There was the "castle" town that had the basic archers, pikemen, cavaliers, and also angels. Then there was the necromancer town (my favorite) that had the skeletons and zombies and ghosts and liches. Sounds similar to recent LEGO castle lines, right?

among the others (I'll stick to the ones from 3 but there are five full titles and their expansions out now) there was a hellish town that had imps, hell hounds, and devils. A fort town built like a celtic encampment, with wooden buildings and log walls on a grassy hill, that had centaurs, pegasii, dwarves, and tree creatures. Plus a few others. The point is these are the kinds of creatures and sets that could be included in a fantasy lego line. Buildings with odd architecture populated by mythical creatures. Different enough to be its own line, but still able to cross over and work with castle sets nicely if you wanted.

Many towns had dragons, but I'm sure you're all sick of those by now... Anyway, onto the elves. the fifth game had an interesting take on elves, as they had a special race that lived underground that used poisons and whips in their arsenals. They used a lot of purples and greens and the architecture involved a lot of arches and crystal formations. It would be a good enemy for the tree dwelling elves if they need one, or for anybody.

here's a link to a very thorough site about the games I was talking about, it'll show you all the different towns and creatures so you can get an idea what I'm saying.

Edited by lefty

Well, to me, it is not really about how much I want elves but how much TLC wants to "complete" its fantasy line because I cannot imagine a fantasy theme without elve.

And to lefty, I know what you are talking about. HOMM used to be one of my favorites too. A lot of childhood memories! :wink:

Elves most definetly, and for the enemies, either cyclops (regular fig sized) or half reptilian guys, like form Elder Scrolls :sweet:

The sets would be foresty/swampy.

I can just envision......a mossy outpost with a line of elf archers about to fire at the approaching reptilian troops waving their banners and brandishing swords.

:grin:

Well elves are an obvious addition. It would be awesome if they could branch off onto less used races. Like satrs, pigmen, centaurs, minotaurs, etc. Well pretty much all of the half man/half beast races. Always been a big fan of those.

Maybe they can make goblins the same way they made dwarves. Just take troll heads/torsos and use short legs. Bam instant goblins.

I love the fantasy castle stuff, but I can understand how it can be getting stale to other people. As a child, I would have died to have the sets we are getting nowadays too! Though it's been announced we won't get elves per se, maybe we'll get a more mystical "forestpeople" like druids or wiccans. That would be pretty cool. I was wondering how they would mold elves anyways as the stereotypical appearance revolves around the ears and it would be pretty strange to see molded ears on a fig. I'd be pretty happy seeing a new human faction, though, and maybe a mystical humanoid antagonist faction led by the witch from the chess set/advent calendar.

I'd buy them, but...

... I keep hearing that we won't be getting Elves, and I don't have to have them, but it'd be really cool. Either way, I hope Lego continues to develop the current fantasy castle line, and not restarted it, especially not as a human-only line. They've been there and done that many times already, and fantasy has so much more potential!!

old_guys_6.gif

"Well, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first."

Heh, perhaps a bit too pessimistic, but until we see/here anything specific that says otherwise, it's all moot. With the quality work LEGO has been putting out the past few years, I'm eager to see anything new, whatever it is. Elves could be interesting, but then so could any number of other directions as well. Guess we'll just have to see what they've got in store for us!

I'd like to see TLC introduce Lizardmen vs. Elves. They could use the Killer Croc head from Batman, and use some of the old dinosaurs as cavalry. Probably won't happen though, if it was going too, we would have heard something about it by now.