A good thing about V6 is that it could be built from normal parts and still fit, hopefully.

48 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

A good thing about V6 is that it could be built from normal parts and still fit, hopefully.

It's gonna be a straight 6 according to the article... 

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

It's gonna be a straight 6 according to the article... 

Oh, my bad. Then we can expect the parts from the Kawasaki.

Posted (edited)

Yesterday saw the new Gelandewagen on Youtube, some assumptions:
1) This facelift has a brand new blue colour - we can expect this from TLG

2) Real vehicle has V8 only in G63 modification, so we can expect I6, hopefully with Kawasaki crankshaft

3) Real exterior changes are so minor (new grill with 4 horizontal lines) that in TLG model we can expect just a G500, hopefully squad version

4) Dream - maybe some new Mercedes logo parts

5) Enjoy this mindblowing video

Edited by Aleh

4 minutes ago, Aleh said:

This facelift has a brand new blue colour - we can expect this from TLG

I like blue color because blue 5x11 panel is to much rare.

The proper pistons should fit easily enough, no need for unrealistic Kawasaki stuff. The Unimog had an inline engine over a sprung axle, so does the Arocs.

In terms of functions, what can this thing have to make it different from the Land Rover? 

Lately I'm quite done with static models with gearboxes for drive trains.

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In terms of functions, what can this thing have to make it different from the Land Rover? 

For instance Gelandewagen does not have winch :)

The main feature of the G-klass is 3 lockable differentials, if I'm not wrong only two cars have this option, so probable this may be implemented in lego version

If it's true, a lockable front axle is worth looking forward to. The most recent implementation of that function is in the rear axle of the Zetros, and it takes quite a lot of space to achieve. 

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If it's true, a lockable front axle is worth looking forward to. The most recent implementation of that function is in the rear axle of the Zetros, and it takes quite a lot of space to achieve. 

The Yamaha driving rings fit quite nicely with HD diffs in a 5-wide space, so it's probably possible to do it much more compactly now than it was before! (Singe with 3L driving rings the skinniest odd-width spacing possible was 7L)

After looking at the posted video showing all the adjustability of the seats, I was thinking we might get adjustable seats :D

But yeah, my very first guess was the locking differentials. I would have guessed only two (center+rear), but maybe they do a front one as well. I mean the Defender's front axle was already wide enough to accomoodate it using the shorter driving ring. The only question is what they use to frame it (and also the rear one if that's a live axle), I'd guess a built frame from 7L flip-flop beams. Sounds doable. And hope the rear axle is not going to be as huge as that of the Zetros, given that it's a static model, it does not need to take that much force.

At the same time, I'd expect something like a 4-speed gearbox with the new gearbox parts (but simplified wrt the Defender), including a low range selector.

And if it happens to be blue, I hope they are okay with regular blue and don't introduce a new shade.. Regular blue parts are welcome.

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

But yeah, my very first guess was the locking differentials. I would have guessed only two (center+rear), but maybe they do a front one as well. I mean the Defender's front axle was already wide enough to accomoodate it using the shorter driving ring. The only question is what they use to frame it (and also the rear one if that's a live axle), I'd guess a built frame from 7L flip-flop beams. Sounds doable

Yeah, that's essentially how I built the frames for the locking differentials on my backhoe model. It should work well! I can't say I'd mind it if they made a new 7x7 frame for that kind of thing, though

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I can't say I'd mind it if they made a new 7x7 frame for that kind of thing, though

Me too, but I think that's pretty much out of the question, because if there you'd take a regular alternating 7x7 frame (which could exist), than the horizontal hole for the input shaft would be centered, but that's exactly the wrong position because you need to offset the diff one stud to the side to accommodate the lock. So the only possibility would be to make a 7x7 frame with some special hole layout on one side, like in case of the 5x7 (but in that case the regular alternating hole layout is not possible), which I don't think they would make.

25 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Me too, but I think that's pretty much out of the question, because if there you'd take a regular alternating 7x7 frame (which could exist), than the horizontal hole for the input shaft would be centered, but that's exactly the wrong position because you need to offset the diff one stud to the side to accommodate the lock. So the only possibility would be to make a 7x7 frame with some special hole layout on one side, like in case of the 5x7 (but in that case the regular alternating hole layout is not possible), which I don't think they would make.

Not if you use a 28 tooth gear to drive the diff :wink:

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Yeah, that's how I did it! No gear reduction to be had that way, but it's good and solid, and we have planetary hubs to help out further downstream

3 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Yeah, that's how I did it! No gear reduction to be had that way, but it's good and solid, and we have planetary hubs to help out further downstream

And 28 to 28 gear runs smoother than 12 to 28 (more gears ineract at the same time). Only problem with planetary hubs are width (due to ball joints). This could be compensated with Defender - like wheels (and low profile tires :sad: on off roader)

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

That's true indeed, though limits your diff options and takes even more space in a floating axle. But could work for a static model even without planetaries.

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I made a 7x9 frame for this, and you just use a 28t gear to drive the diff, and it's centered. It's 7x9 to fit a diff lock length-ways rather than vertically.

Posted (edited)

Considering the last years, are you still hoping for new functions in a licensed car model? 

I expect nothing else than another boring but well shaped shelf queen. 

Edited by Frequenzberater

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Considering the last years, are you still hoping for new functions in a licensed car model? 

Sadly I fear you're correct. The only things I'm holding out for is more parts in an actually useful color like purple or olive green, or decent tires.

On 3/28/2024 at 7:25 AM, Frequenzberater said:

Considering the last years, we had several licensed car and motorcycle models introducing new parts and functions. Just a few examples from the top of my head:

• The orange wave selector was introduced in the Bugatti Chiron
  • The 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler was the first with an RC gearbox
  • The Zetros was the first to have RC lockable differentials
  • New gearbox parts in the Yamaha motorcycle
  • New engine parts in the Kawasaki motorcycle