Black Falcon

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF

I would guess we will see an reveal either tomorrow or wednesday. Can´t wait to see more details on this set. 

7 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I would guess we will see an reveal either tomorrow or wednesday. Can´t wait to see more details on this set. 

we have no idea  when it could be.  It might be the middle of the month who knows.   

28 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

we have no idea  when it could be.  It might be the middle of the month who knows.   

Well it would really surprise me if we wouldn´t have a reveal by the end of next week. I mean a reveal after that would be pretty close to the release.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Well it would really surprise me if we wouldn´t have a reveal by the end of next week. I mean a reveal after that would be pretty close to the release.

Would it? My understanding is that the Space CMF series is this fall, so I would imagine the DnD series would likely be September. Do I have this wrong?

9 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Would it? My understanding is that the Space CMF series is this fall, so I would imagine the DnD series would likely be September. Do I have this wrong?

From what I recall the set is April first (and was what the teaser was pertaining to), the CMF is September first and space CMF May first. Unless they start doubling up ( yes please) I doubt they'd release 2 CMF series in the autumn (fall).

Since they did not reveal the set 1-2 days after the teaser I am out of guesses, could even get another teaser before the reveal for what I know :tongue:

It’s nice to get a rough idea of when it will be revealed but the leak and teaser happened so long ago I feel very impatient for this one! 

4 hours ago, Khargeust said:

In his last video, Brick Clicker said mid-march for the date of reveal.

Lately, a reveal roughly two weeks ahead of release seems to have become the norm for D2C sets, so this tracks. Sure, this is technically an Ideas set and not a D2C, but still :laugh:

It would be odd to reveal it now, with the Mario promotions going on leading up to Mar 10, so mid-March makes more sense. They got a lot of press outside standard LEGO news for the teaser it seemed like, so doing it well ahead of the full reveal was probably beneficial to them.

18 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I wouldn´t expect a reveal of the CMF before August, same as I wouldn´t expect Space to be revealed before next month, since it is release in may. But since the D&D Set is avaiable from next month I would expect a reveal next week.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Lately, a reveal roughly two weeks ahead of release seems to have become the norm for D2C sets, so this tracks. Sure, this is technically an Ideas set and not a D2C, but still :laugh:

Hmm, which Sets were revealed two weeks before release? Also, D2C is just a term for exclusivity and has only to do with how the set is sold but not with the theme. So an Ideas Set can still be D2C. I would expect the D&D Set to be exclusive to Lego for three months at least and then sold Semi-Exclusive like the Galaxy Explorer, The Viking Village or the Medieval Blacksmith. But only time will tell.

A different April first big set has been revealed ( the Gotham city skyline), so this set can be far off. Maybe next week?

54 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

A different April first big set has been revealed ( the Gotham city skyline), so this set can be far off. Maybe next week?

As soon as I saw it, I realized the D&D reveal might take awhile....

I think it is only done for the video. If it was to be a GWP (which actually is unlikely, since it would have to be exclusive to this set) there would a play function, that would make the teeth show when it is opened instead of them beeing build on the chest.

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Reveal should be imminent.

You reckon? I think if there’s nothing at Thursday then it’ll be next week at the latest

7 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I think it is only done for the video. If it was to be a GWP (which actually is unlikely, since it would have to be exclusive to this set) there would a play function, that would make the teeth show when it is opened instead of them being build on the chest.

That was my first thought too.

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There’s a new teaser video with a mimic. The build for the mimic is much larger than a minifigure so it was either designed for the video or it could be a GWP? 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Ya3z8KKLs/?igsh=MWR1b3N3bzJodnk1dQ==

Thanks for sharing this.

7 hours ago, Khargeust said:

I think this means they're ramping up but I don't know about imminent, but I would ( optimistically) say this week.

6 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

You reckon? I think if there’s nothing at Thursday then it’ll be next week at the latest

8 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think this means they're ramping up but I don't know about imminent, but I would ( optimistically) say this week

Yes, this week or never !

8 hours ago, Khargeust said:

That was what I thought when the first teaser showed up as well, did not happen :tongue: Maybe or maybe we will get another teaser first in a week or two :shrug_confused:

Saying that this latest teaser is ominous would be an understatement.

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think this means they're ramping up but I don't know about imminent, but I would ( optimistically) say this week.

I also assume that the set will be revealed this week. There are less than three weeks left until April, and the hype needs some time to increase sales

7 hours ago, Nilker said:

I also assume that the set will be revealed this week. There are less than three weeks left until April, and the hype needs some time to increase sales

lego.com has a countdown. It will be revealed in a a little under 7 days from now