Black Falcon

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF

Since there are the first leaked pictures out now and we seem to (surprisingly) have no thread for it yet, I thought it would be the time to just make one ;).

First of all the facts we know so far:

Pieces: 3745 

Estimated Price: 360$/320£

Release:1st April 2024The Set was made based on a fan design from an Lego Ideas Contest, you can find the winner announcement here.

The leaked picture is, as always quite bad quality and can be found in the usual places, so I will wait to judge the build when we got better pictures of it. So far I would say they added a lot details including D&D creatures such as the Beholder and seems to include at least 6 minifigures including a dragonborn using the vidiyo-dragon head in green.

On 2/11/2024 at 6:41 PM, Metanoios said:

Owl bear, displacer beast and a beholder are the 3 brickbuilt creatures. The dragon is now a red dragon with cloth wings. The minifigs are a green Dragonborn bard (recolour of vidyo dragon head), a rogue, a warrior, a white haired High-Elven druid, a conjourer with a book and a black-robed warlock on top of the tower by the looks of it. Furthermore there is a small myconid colony under the bridge (using the Dreamzz bodies for 2 of the myconids).

Nice catch, as always I fail to see so many details in those low quality-pics. Rogue looks quite obvious but I couldn´t have identyfied the High Elven Druid exactly as this. 

Also it seems like we are getting a D&D CMF in September:

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF - Page 3 - LEGO Historic Themes - Eurobricks Forums

Edited by Black Falcon
Added Quote from another Thread. Added CMF

Additional brick-built creatures besides the reddish-orange dragon and the beholder are an owl bear and a displacer beast. The minifigs seem to represent a Dragonborn bard, a warrior, white-haired druid, a rogue, a wizard/sorcerer and a black-robed figure with a staff on top of the tower (not clear if this is a kind of final boss character or also a player character like a warlock)

It looks like the druid is using the white Gandalf/Dumbledore beard with the new goblin hair mould in white (with the long pointy ears)

Edited by Metanoios

I like what I'm seeing here! I'm not overly familiar with D&D, but as someone who really enjoyed last year's movie and is a big Stranger Things fan, I just have to get this :thumbup: Can't wait to see more details!

Overall I'm very excited! This is a set that I've been following for for well over a year now and can't wait to pick it up in around May when I'm back from college :p. The dragon looks perfect, minifigure choice is solid, and I can't wait to see the interiors! Still debating if I want to incorporate it into my LK layout or make it belong to the black falcons. Can't wait!! Price is a little steep in my opinion though. I definitely need to save up some funds. This, baradur, BDP pirate set, and trying to part out 10210 is going to be super expensive so I definitely need to plan out how to budget all of it. 

Love the look of this so far ( though still annoyed at Ideas messing me around with my entry), haven't played D & D properly in about a year, but BG3 sort of counts :laugh:.

Some dreams part mushroom people under the bridge, I think I spot 6 minifigs total.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Seems to me the dragon has no movable joints like the ones from Ninjago? But it looks very impressive - if they had made a Smaug at the gates of Erebor set I might have been tempted. 

There is something wrong with this dragon. I can only see two legs.

Is the minifig close to the flag wearing a new hood piece ?

Edited by Khargeust

Look like a very "busy" set, I mean that they managed to include a lot, however will wait for better pictures before I can say much since other than the film do not know much about D&D :classic:

26 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

Additional brick-built creatures besides the reddish-orange dragon and the beholder are an owl bear and a displacer beast. The minifigs seem to represent a Dragonborn bard, a warrior, white-haired druid, a rogue, a wizard/sorcerer and a black-robed figure with a staff on top of the tower (not clear if this is a kind of final boss character or also a player character like a warlock)

It looks like the druid is using the white Gandalf/Dumbledore beard with the new goblin hair mould in white (with the long pointy ears)

I don't see the goblin/orc hair in white with pointy ears at all.  There is also a female fig on the bridge.

2 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

Where you find the piccies?

On IG or reddit

5 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

There is something wrong with this dragon. I can only see two legs.

Is the minifig close to the flag wearing a new hood pièce ?

The back legs go behind the tower.  

Which MInifig the one on the tower has what looks like the star wars hood.  The one on the bridge is a female fig with what looks like new hairpiece.  

2 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Which MInifig the one on the tower has what looks like the star wars hood.  The one on the bridge is a female fig with what looks like new hairpiece.  

Hope you're right.

I'm talking about the one on the bridge.

11 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Love the look of this so far ( though still annoyed at Ideas messing me around with me entry), haven't played D & D properly in about a year, but BG3 sort of counts :laugh:.

Some dreams part mushroom people under the bridge, I think I spot 6 minifigs total.

Yeah 6 figs that I can see 2 hooded ones,  the female fig on the bridge, the dragon born in the door, The druid? in the front, and the elf in the middle.  A great selection of figs and brick built creatures a beholder, displacer beast, and owlbear.  The Dragon is great I like it better than the original.  

Green dragon looks so much better! I would buy the original in an instant, not so sure about the leak. I will have to see better pictures...

Edited by Follows Closely

Looks to be a very nice and creative set! Love to see how I can integrate it in my castle layout!

44 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

You sure about this? I don´t see anything that would make me think there would be legs there - instead I would think they made a wyvern, not a dragon.

Looks interesting but will need to see more, as this is quite a busy set.

It's large , so there can be a lot of stuff in the back. 

Edited by TeriXeri

41 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

You sure about this? I don´t see anything that would make me think there would be legs there - instead I would think they made a wyvern, not a dragon.

To me it looks like there are legs on the back side hidden by the tower and wings.  If it is a wyvern the legs are way to forward for that and it looks weird for a wyvern.  

6 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

To me it looks like there are legs on the back side hidden by the tower and wings.  If it is a wyvern the legs are way to forward for that and it looks weird for a wyvern.  

Hm, but I would say that the tail starts right behind the legs that are visible - as for the way to forward legs, we are looking from the front so we might need to wait for better pictures that give us a better view on the dragon from a different angle.

I don't know much about DnD, but this set looks magical! It also looks like a fun "all in one" castle set, with both a traditional castle and a small village. I do wonder what kinds of play features or scenes it has towards the back though. I also think that it looks much "warmer", or at least more colorful, than the original. At $360, it might be out of my price range (unless I can get the build by itself without any minifigs or the dragon for cheap), but it looks cool!

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Hope you're right.

I'm talking about the one on the bridge.

Looks like a female fig with a hairpiece to me

5 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Hm, but I would say that the tail starts right behind the legs that are visible - as for the way to forward legs, we are looking from the front so we might need to wait for better pictures that give us a better view on the dragon from a different angle.

I don't know I have the red wyvern from Ninjago and it doesn't look like that at all.  I'm looking at it and that chest has the legs right off of it.  Where as the Ninjago wyvern the legs are further back.  Like I said if this is a Wyvern it is very poorly designed.  I'm still convinced there are back legs.