Hello Lamborghini and Speed Champions fans,

The Lamborghini Diablo is a high-performance mid-engine sports car built by Italian automobile manufacturer Lamborghini between 1990 and 2001. It is the first production Lamborghini capable of attaining a top speed in excess of 320 kilometres per hour (200 mph). Building instructions are available on the following links:

It is a studless build in the new, 8 studs wide Speed Champions style. I wanted to create a clean model which is as accurate as possible in this small scale. I prefer the brick built solutions to keep the flexibility of the used parts in further builds, and therefore only one Lamborghini logo sticker and a standard vehicle registration plate sticker are used.

My intent was to keep the width-length-height ratio of the real car and this size makes it possible. The model contains lots of details: for example the emblematic taillights, the side air intakes, the side view mirrors and rear details with the double exhausts etc... Maybe the most challenging one was the hood tilt and some half stud offsets in the inside structure. I tried to fill every unnecessary gaps and therefore some tricky build techniques are used.

The model has space for two minifigures with helmets or small hairs.

Thanks for visiting,
_TLG_

53397663999_946b8a5b25_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 1 by László Torma, on Flickr

53397347326_122e89b299_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 2 by László Torma, on Flickr

53397663924_29b9fb20be_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 3 by László Torma, on Flickr

53396416277_f03ecd77d5_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 4 by László Torma, on Flickr

53397780375_17030ba5c5_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 5 by László Torma, on Flickr

53396416157_8a66d43ff4_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 6 by László Torma, on Flickr

53397347086_f5047325b3_z.jpgLamborghini Diablo - Instructions 7 by László Torma, on Flickr

@Feuer Zug Thanks a lot! Yes I use some new parts :) The new mudguard (3387) is much better, than the old Speed Champions one (18974) which was on plate higher. It could be replaced by 98282, but 3387 is a bit nicer.

I'd love to see how you integrated brackets into the build to make those 3 rows of cheese slopes all flush with each other, I'm assuming part 2436b?