MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

This rumor that the 25th anniversary figures will have a 25th anniversary back print is horrible if true. Like that completely ruins the look of these must needed characters

Yeah I would agree sortave, if they have capes or things to cover that though then I think it'll be tolerable. Btw where did you hear that?

Edited by Minishark2000

30 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

This rumor that the 25th anniversary figures will have a 25th anniversary back print is horrible if true. Like that completely ruins the look of these must needed characters. 

Haven't heard that anywhere, but for the two more fan-favorite ones, it's not as big of a deal (Five's backpack, Malak's cape)

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Haven't heard that anywhere, but for the two more fan-favorite ones, it's not as big of a deal (Five's backpack, Malak's cape)

it comes from the info about the updated Visual Dictionary and the minifigure included “Lego Star Wars Minifigure with special 25th anniversary printing”

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

it comes from the info about the updated Visual Dictionary and the minifigure included “Lego Star Wars Minifigure with special 25th anniversary printing”

How reliable is Lifebricks? I know he's one of the MandR type guys, but I don't remember if he's a leaker himself, and I don't think I've heard of the visual dictionary update w/ new printing before.

Assuming this is legit, I don't think we have to panic yet. It doesn't 100% mean they'll have back printing. It could just be that figure, or it could be a typo and they just mean it's a 25th anniversary fig with exclusive printing. (These books are chock-full of translation errors and typos. No shame on the author, but you're a billion dollar company lego, you can hire an editor. I'll do it.)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How reliable is Lifebricks?

"A broken clock is right twice a day" comes to mind. His videos are notorious for clickbait-y hunches and predictions, so take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Rarely, he actually has access to real information, but I typically wait until it's confirmed by more trustworthy sources.

It's also possible that the book figure is an updated version of another figure, sort of like how we had a re-issued version of Tatooine Luke in like 2014 and the 20th anniversary figures, with the 25th anniversary logo.

He also literally says in the video that he messaged leakers (no idea who his sources are) and some of them said they don't think there's any logo printing on the figures included in sets.

Not to get wishlist-y but if they do another round of anniversary figs I’d prefer something like the Harry Potter Golden figs. Darth and Lando 20th look like I just have some old figs in my display.

56 minutes ago, Archer said:

Not to get wishlist-y but if they do another round of anniversary figs I’d prefer something like the Harry Potter Golden figs. Darth and Lando 20th look like I just have some old figs in my display.

For the 30th anniversary you mean? :laugh: …I feel old just typing that.

And regarding the back-printing rumour: I highly doubt they‘d do something like that for characters we‘ve never had before (and will likely never get again). There‘s no credible source for any such claim.

14 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Droideka, Boonta Eve Podrace Diorama, Brickheadz pack, and polybag AAT is a decent start. I am really hoping for 2/3 more larger sets. I’ll save my thoughts for the future set ideas. 

That's a lot of sets... for none of them to be system scale.

The rumored Darth Maul is a minifigure, right? As in it couldn't have been reference to a BHz?

3 hours ago, Pedilego said:

That's a lot of sets... for none of them to be system scale.

The rumored Darth Maul is a minifigure, right? As in it couldn't have been reference to a BHz?

Yes, I think we have to have system scale. Would make this celebration really great. Definitely excited to pick them up all at once and feast on everything TPM from the movie to documentaries etc. Fingers crossed it feels representative! 

I actually don’t know regarding Maul. I assume and assumed it was a figure. Lot of people are having Sith Infiltrators in the background of their videos so could be hinting at that set…? 

7 hours ago, Archer said:

I doubt they'd change what type of anniversary figs they do for the same anniversary, so are you talking about 2029, or what?

14 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

"A broken clock is right twice a day" comes to mind. His videos are notorious for clickbait-y hunches and predictions, so take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Rarely, he actually has access to real information, but I typically wait until it's confirmed by more trustworthy sources.

That's good to know. I think it's safe to say that unless someone reliable suggests there will be 25th back printing, we have nothing to worry about.

Also, I looked on his instagram and it turns out he's the gentleman I mentioned earlier who purchased 16 copies of the new battle pack before it even released. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, I looked on his instagram and it turns out he's the gentleman I mentioned earlier who purchased 16 copies of the new battle pack before it even released. 

LOL - gotta fill those grey baseplates somehow :wink:

On 1/3/2024 at 1:32 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I do wonder what the appeal of that set is meant to be. That BARC Speeder is either going to be giant for $30, or the set'll be super overpriced. 

Or we get two speeders and the set acts as a pseudo-battle pack (which is my theory based on the part-count). 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Or we get two speeders and the set acts as a pseudo-battle pack (which is my theory based on the part-count). 

I cant see how else they would do this set it’s either two speeders and it’s a chase or it’s one speeder and the two clones have some sort of defensive turret or build. I can’t think how else this set would appear without more pieces or figures 

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

But there were no other speeders in the scene :tongue: Sure, they could’ve made something up, but I doubt that. They rarely make things up outside of battlepacks

That 25th Anniversary logo looks sweet, it’s a really nice homage to both sides of this license.

I can’t wait to see what sort of coverage we get with the summer wave, thus far via the system sets, dioramas, buildable characters, and anniversary figures, 2024 is already covering:

- Phantom Menace

- Clone Wars / Revenge of the Sith

- A New Hope

- Young Jedi Adventures

- Knights of the Old Reublic

- Kenobi

- Mandalorian S3

- Skeketon Crew

And that’s just covering January to June, it’s an excellent spread of stuff for the 25th anniversary so far.

No doubt an Acolyte set or two is in the pipeline, though what I’d love most is some more Ahsoka material and something from Fallen Order / Survivor. I’m sure the summer set list is already known in some circles.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

But there were no other speeders in the scene :tongue: Sure, they could’ve made something up, but I doubt that. They rarely make things up outside of battlepacks

Not fully made up vehicles, but they will throw things into scenes they weren't in. Off the top of my head, they threw two speeders into the havoc maruader set that didn't make sense- Hunter used that lime speeder ONCE, in a civilian outfit, and during a fight with Fennec Shand, and I don't believe crosshair used the imperial BARC during the show at all.

I don't think they'll put two barcs in the set- one of them needs to have the grogu sidecar, and they love oversizing the barcs- but lego definitely will include things that don't fit the scene they're portraying.

48 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

And that’s just covering January to June, it’s an excellent spread of stuff for the 25th anniversary so far.

Not to mention it somehow manages to find an iconic scene from the OT that hasn't had a dedicated set yet! Still boggles my mind that we've never had a playset of the opening scene- in fact, we've never had a tantive IV/blockade runner set including vader/stormtroopers. Obviously the figs all exist, but this will be the first time that that an official set contains that scene. 

I want to see the Tantive IV hallway set so bad!  It's the most anticipated set for me.

18 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Watch them still not give Vader a proper ANH torso.

7 figures in a $55 set is pretty solid, but yeah, when 5 are repeats, either vader needs that torso or they need to go absolutely HAM on fives's printing.

23 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I want to see the Tantive IV hallway set so bad!  It's the most anticipated set for me.

Same here, if the set's build matches with the figure loadout, it's an easy contender for the upper echelon of system SW sets.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:32 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Do you live in a more rural area? I live in a suburb of Chicago and me and my friends were searching stores in multiple suburbs we didn't even live in before we found anything.

Yep, and that definitely helps. Any time a set is released under the $130 or so price range, it'll be at my local Wal-Mart eventually, guaranteed, and there won't be a big rush to get the set.

Mandr’s latest video sold me on the idea that the visual dictionary figure is a Jedi Bob remake. 

On 1/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

But there were no other speeders in the scene :tongue: 

There was a second BARC (without sidecar) that pulls up beside the one that Beq takes. 

On 1/4/2024 at 8:16 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

That’s nothing! Brickstory bought 400 of them :laugh_hard:

https://www.promobricks.de/brickstory-400x-lego-75372-battle-packs/

On 1/6/2024 at 6:43 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

There was a second BARC (without sidecar) that pulls up beside the one that Beq takes. 

Oh, there was?! Gotta rewatch the scene then! In that case, a second BARC would make sense!