MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maxbaut reports in his latest YT video that R2-KT will be a anniversary figure. It comes with the 40755 Star Wars 25th Celebration set, 383 parts, October 1.

18 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I hope R2 K2 doesn’t count as one of the main Anniversary figures just rather one in the anniversary set. We still need potential for Mara Jade.

I wouldn't have thought so. The 25th anniversary set seems to be a different thing to the anniversary figures spread out across other sets. Like how HP had some extra golden figs in the D2C or Gold Wu in Ninjago city gardens, they weren't part of the original group but an add on in a separate set.

Edit: okay  nevermind it's spelt out pretty clearly on his Instagram post, she supposedly is the last one?

Edited by Agent Kallus

7 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

He says in German "... und ich kann euch jetzt verraten, es werden wohl nicht nur R2-KT enthalten sein, sondern auch drei Stormtrooper und drei Rebellentruppler." Sounds like he's pretty certain about that.

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

I just researched R2 K2. I take it back, this is an amazing figure to have. The story behind her creation is really heart-warming. So you know what, this is a better choice than young Leia.

Edited by CloneCommando99

2 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I just researched R2 K2. I take it back, this is an amazing figure to have. The story behind her creation is really heart-warming. So you know what, this is a better choice than young Leia.

Anyone is a better choice than young Leia

So what is this celebration set? My first thoguht before the news today was it was going to be a GWP to go with the sail barge in October. Given the set number it isn’t a normal SW set? I’m intrigued I hope it’s not a gwp as that means I’ll have to potentially hold off getting any August/June sets til then 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Now I also had to research the story and I totally agree, really heart-warming background and I also think a great pick for a "outside of the box" figure.

Edited by TheScaryDoor

Posted (edited)

What exactly are we thinking that this anniversary set is supposed to be? A battlepack? If so we’re getting a lot of stormtroopers this year.

Edit: What if it’s a set based on the 501st legion charity?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Cool deep cut but a terrible choice for a final figure in a set. Like R2-KT would’ve been better as a Book Figure or even a May 4th promo. 

It's not just a deep cut though- aside from maybe an Albin Johnson 501st legion stormtrooper, it's probably the best possible figure to recognize fan impact on the franchise. 

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I like the choice of R2-KT actually. It shows that Star Wars has an impact on peoples lifes! In that regard it is probably the most powerful of the anniversary minifigures.

Every of the figs they could have chosen instead has it's pros and cons but i am fine with this one.

Totally agree, it's a genius choice when you consider the wider content.

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maxbaut said that Darth Maul does not really count and that R2-KT is the 6th one.

He further said that there might be 6 Minifigures in the set, 3 Stormtroopers and 3 Rebel Fleet Troopers.

That's odd- I wonder what the set is.

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I hope R2 K2 doesn’t count as one of the main Anniversary figures just rather one in the anniversary set. We still need potential for Mara Jade.

KT is an incredible choice IMO, but I agree Mara's super necessary. Though at the same time, they really have the ability to chuck her in any imperial set regardless of anniversary, if we're being honest.

Edit: Ignore the first part of that, saw your later post.

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I unironically am having trouble thinking of a worse choice in terms of character variants with that level of screen time. 

What exactly are we thinking that this anniversary set is supposed to be? A battlepack? If so we’re getting a lot of stormtroopers this year.

That actually makes a ton of sense, it could be a set recognizing the 501st legion, rebel legion, and R2-D2 builders club. The Albin Johnson stormtrooper idea might be real!

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Glad to see, I totally agree. Mara would have been nice, but if the set really is a fan legions set, I'd take it over almost anything.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Young Rey? Young Jyn? Young Cassian? Young Reva? Korkie Kryze? Jira? Jaybo Hood? Syril's mother? Trace and Rafa? Whoever the hell Jack Black and Lizzo were supposed to be? :tongue:

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

So what is this celebration set? My first thoguht before the news today was it was going to be a GWP to go with the sail barge in October. Given the set number it isn’t a normal SW set? I’m intrigued I hope it’s not a gwp as that means I’ll have to potentially hold off getting any August/June sets til then 

Sounds like its a similar type of set to the Millennium Falcon Holiday Diorama from last year.

14 minutes ago, wesker said:

Sounds like its a similar type of set to the Millennium Falcon Holiday Diorama from last year.

True, but at the same time that set was in the regular set numbering.  This one supposedly is not.  So, a bit of a mystery that way.

Cheers :)

3 minutes ago, Omand said:

True, but at the same time that set was in the regular set numbering.  This one supposedly is not.  So, a bit of a mystery that way.

Cheers :)

They're both outside the regular set numbering for Star Wars sets (75xxx). The Millennium Falcon Holiday Diorama was 40658 while the 25th Anniversary set is 40755. :classic:

27 minutes ago, wesker said:

They're both outside the regular set numbering for Star Wars sets (75xxx). The Millennium Falcon Holiday Diorama was 40658 while the 25th Anniversary set is 40755. :classic:

Ooops, that is what I get for going off memory rather than looking it up. :)

Posted (edited)

R2-KT has a beautiful backstory and I hope at least a dollar from the set is going to some kind of cancer charity or something similar. If not then this figure could have been thrown in any the Clone Wars set or the Force Awakens set like most other anniversary figures.

Edited by PreVizsla
grammar

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Whoever the hell Jack Black and Lizzo were supposed to be?

A Star Wars jack black minifigure would actually have been awesome, character aside

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wesker said:

Young Rey? Young Jyn? Young Cassian? Young Reva? Korkie Kryze? Jira? Jaybo Hood? Syril's mother? Trace and Rafa? Whoever the hell Jack Black and Lizzo were supposed to be? :tongue:

I would unironically prefer about half of these- Young Cassian and Jyn are actually characters I'd enjoy having- Young Jyn was a child soldier for Saw and Young Cassian is more Andor content.

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

R2-KT has a beautiful backstory and I hope at least a dollar from the set is going to some kind of cancer charity or something similar. If not then this figure could have been thrown in any the Clone Wars set or the Force Awakens set like most other anniversary figures.

That would be really cool of lego. I'd be willing to pay their current prices for a set if I knew that the extra bit was going to the 501st legion or cancer research instead of.... I don't really know. Clearly not quality control.

Now that we know all 6, here's my ranking: (in terms of choice only, not execution, since we haven't seen all of them)

501/10: R2-KT: I'm not normally one of those "think of what it MEANS" guys, but that is an insanely good pick from that perspective. A fan created character with a heartwarming backstory. It's also a pretty solid figure choice in-universe- while not a Mara Jade, I remember her from early clone wars, and "pink R2" is a solid enough archtype for a unique but still working-in-universe figure, unlike, say, the holiday figs.

10/10: Cal Kestis- while I'm sad this seems to spell doom for future Jedi sets, Cal is a major canon character and a fan-favorite, so he was an excellent choice. He's also one of, if not the choice for my favorite star wars character, so I may be biased. (It's between him, Luke, and Wedge Antilles)

9/10: Malak- KOTOR representation is essential, and Malak has a good, imposing design that'll attract fans who didn't already know him. I might have preferred Jedi Revan so we could have the main character, but it's also some good dark-side representation since all other figs range from "hero" to "will be a hero in a few years" to "war criminal but for the good guys"

9/10: Saw- another major canon character. He's a little bit lower just because saw is in so much content these days that he could/should have been in a set for Bad Batch/Andor/Rogue One/Rebels/Fallen Order, leaving the slot open, but if they couldn't get him there, it's great to get him here. Not happy about how green he is, but there wasn't really a way around it, and I said I wouldn't rank off execution, just choice.

9/10: Fives- pretty much the exact same reasoning as Saw, I'd put him more or less exactly on par with him. The execution's better, but again, not counting that since we haven't seen some of the other figs yet.

2/10: Young Leia- I didn't mean to make the list just to dunk on this choice, but writing it all out I do legitimately think she's the only subpar choice, and she's REALLY subpar. She's not an interesting design, not remotely a fan-favorite, I really have no idea why they chose her. Some options I would have preferred include: Mara Jade, Starkiller, Joruus C'baoth, Abeloth, the Son/Father/Daughter, Rebel Friend, one of Mara's stormtroopers, Talon Karrde, Fordo, 2003 ARC trooper, 2003 Kit Fisto, 2003 Grievous, Bastila Shan, Dark Side Bastila Shan, Mission Vao, Zaalbar, Jolee Bindo, Canderous Ordo, Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Carth Onasi, Legends Jedi Leia, Jaina Solo, Hazrim Namir, Brand, Roach, Gadren, Everi Chalis, Sana Starros, Dr. Aphra, Black Krrssantan, Triple-0, BT-1, and a lot of other characters we're unlikely to get in standard sets.

Overall, unless Cal and R2-KT are really poorly made figs, I think everyone but Young Leia is an excellent choice.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I like the choice of R2-KT actually. It shows that Star Wars has an impact on peoples lifes! In that regard it is probably the most powerful of the anniversary minifigures.

Every of the figs they could have chosen instead has it's pros and cons but i am fine with this one.

Agreed. It’s a great figure that not only celebrates Star Wars but also the impact of the fandom. It would be nice if, in the instructions, they include a page about her backstory or something.

Posted (edited)

R2-KT is a random choice but I respect it. Young Leia is definitely the outlier but hopefully she at least comes with Lola. I won't bother hoping for a new mold but I could see them including her as a printed 1x1 round tile or something like that. I can see why they chose her since she was an important part of the Kenobi show and was sorely missing from those sets but most of us would rather she was replaced by almost anyone else. I had personally hoped we might get Dirge.

Krrsantan would also have been incredible but the fact they didn't use him gives me some hope that we might see a set based on tBoBF finale someday soon. I so badly want a set with Boba(weilding his gaffi stick) and his Rancor with Krrsantan, Cad Bane, a couple Pykes and a Scorponek Droid. I really believe such a set would sell very, very well, regardless of what some people thought of the show or the finale because there is so much desireable stuff to pack into such a set. 

Edited by ToaDraco

Posted (edited)

So with anniversary figures, now that I know the story behind R2 KT and realise that she represents the best of the fanbase, I have come to this conclusion.

5 hydrogen bombs vs 1 coughing baby.

I do not need to elaborate because you all know who the coughing baby is.

On a related note: if the anniversary set is indeed my theory of being based off the 501st charity, and if Lego does a hasbro and donates a hefty percentage of profits to charity, it will satisfy both army builders and people who want to donate money to charity. 
I myself would happily buy this instead of a clone battle pack or maybe even the Tantive Hallway because it may only be around a few months.

I still think it's weird that R2-KT is counted as a bonus anniversary figure if she's in the 'anniversary set' because Say Malak and Fives are obviously bonuses because they're not justa regular part of the set they come in. like if they threw her into a Cid's Bar or a Sarlac pit set then she'd feel more like a bonus anniversary figure and not just part of the anniversary set, I think that it doesn't make sense for the anniversary set to include any of the 6 as one would think all of its figures are anniversary figures anyway and part of the bonus figures. This is nothing to do with the figure choice, which I respect, but just confusion as to the set she's in.

I mean I think we'll still get some other interesting figures choices on top of the 6, given the dark Falcon, and jedi Bob's Starfighter.

I do agree that the KT set should have some sort of cancer charity contribution.

I am actually good with R2-KT being the last anniversary ‘fig; while there are more significant and visually-interesting characters, her IRL backstory makes her a worthwhile choice. 

14 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

If LEGO goes this route (which I think would be excellent), I hope that we get a variety of heads for customisation - Especially Rebel trooper chinstrap heads!! 

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

I do agree that the KT set should have some sort of cancer charity contribution.

Absolutely! 

I just went on r/LegoStarWarsLeaks. There’s a recent post by u/PhoenixFan1515 saying this.  I do not know whether this is a joke or not. But if it’s real then these are dark times my friends.

Please help 

I don’t have much time left I got a cease and desist in the mail they threatened legal action, the dark falcon and the Jedi bob star fighter were fake meant to find out who had been leaking them I can No longer post any leaks or else I may be sued, farewell my friends and may the force be with you.

34 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I just went on r/LegoStarWarsLeaks. There’s a recent post by u/PhoenixFan1515 saying this.  I do not know whether this is a joke or not. But if it’s real then these are dark times my friends.

Please help 

I don’t have much time left I got a cease and desist in the mail they threatened legal action, the dark falcon and the Jedi bob star fighter were fake meant to find out who had been leaking them I can No longer post any leaks or else I may be sued, farewell my friends and may the force be with you.

I doubt it’s true they are fake feel like it’s only come from this forum where some of us were wondering if they were fake as a lot of the guys who leaked the summer sets had stopped posting so it’s speculation. 

April fools last year bought us a lot of reliable info in the end so I expect us to find out more in the next few weeks 

After reading all this I had to look up the backstory.  R2-KT is a great choice (as much as I wanted Mara I do think this is better).  It would be really cool for the 501st tie in (with a donation from lego to a cancer charity).  Would be cool for a bunch of "villains" which represent the 501st divisions with a stormtrooper, a sandtooper, an officer, a clone trooper (501st), and then one or two others from the different divisions.  Would be an incredible decision by Lego, I would probably need to buy a handful of those.

Please help 

I assume with that username they're purporting to be @Falconfan1414, but if they were issued with a C&D I doubt they would then go on to make a post like this with such a thinly veiled reference to that username.

Another good question to ask is why FF would exclusively post that in the LSWLeaks subreddit and not just the standard r/legoleak? Maybe he did and it got taken down, but I think it's a bit odd that he would go there. I've never gotten the feeling that he heavily prefers any one theme over another, and if he did, it seems like the logical one would be Marvel, given his name and the fact that his old profile picture was of Falcon. I know he's gone on stream with people like Lifebricks, who almost exclusively focus on SW, but I don't know if FF is that way. The style of writing is sketchy too, doesn't feel like the way Falcon writes and I've never seen him sign off with "may the force be with you." For that matter, why would it be coming now, weeks after he's gone silent? 

As for R2-K2, I wasn't sure at first, but after finding out the context, I'd say that it's a fairly fitting choice and a sweet tribute, and also adding that the set should have a portion donated to cancer research. I heard she'd be coming in a Rebels vs Stormtroopers set, can anyone verify?