MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

But, I really like the design of this. I think the downscaling works because nobody wants to pay 90-100 which is where we were going with the last rendition. I personally don’t think the inclusion of a Padme or a Panaka would have made this more complete. Plus, that Saw Minifigure can be sold for probably atleast £20.

At the moment, I still need to see the interior and the back of the ship to decide whether this is a good set, but I’m happy enough with this. 

Agreed. I like that this rendition of the ship has ‘density’ (for lack of a better word). That is, it isn’t an oversized build that looks like a hodgepodge of plates and sloped pieces the way the 2011 / 2015 versions did. This one looks closer to the 2007 version which I quite like. 

I really do hope that the speeder bike is included though. Even if it can’t be stored in the ship, it’s an essential side-build.

Quite a few brands like Hasbro and Jazwares showed off their new Star Wars merchandise in New York last week for the Imperial Match campaign (sorry to go off topic, but the Micro Galaxy Squadron Ghost is a dream come true). It’s odd Lego wasn’t there, it would’ve been a good place to formally reveal the May sets.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If you swim in the chicago river, not dying from the water uses up all the luck you gain from doing it on st patrick's day.

Oh yeah no you're 100% correct, it's a good figure overall. The green isn't realistically something they could have avoided- lego doesn't have colors muted to the extent they'd need besides just making saw black or gunmetal grey, which wouldn't work for the character either. 

I was originally going to say that while I don't think it's because of the anniversary figure, it does look overpriced, but looking at it more... I actually think the price is fine. 4 figs and a build that does seem pretty sizable and solid when you actually look at the parts used.

I also agree that the TPM anniversary isn't as little as people are making it out to be. It's more or less the same as ROTJ.

I agree. I think people would have been happier(myself included) if we had gotten at least one more system-scale set to celebrate it, perhaps in the fall wave. A $30 remake of the Flash Speeder or the Gungan Patrol with a new Kaadu mold would have made me happy, of course if I was being greedy I'd say I'd want new podracers(except Anakin's because we recently got it, but now I'm realizing that was 5 years ago....)

Edited by ToaDraco

Pictures of 75378 Grogu’s BARC Speeder Escape have surfaced. It’s definitely a BARC speeder and side-car. I initially thought the side-car was oversized, but looking at images from the show, it seems to be about the right proportions. They also included a little light post with a stand, which wasn’t necessarily, but it’s something else, so that’s neat. 

And finally an accessible non-festive version of Grogu's hoverpram! And it fits in the sidecar!

The Sith Infiltrator looks okay. I must admit I do think previous sets (like the 2011 version) look a little better IMO. The BARC speeder looks really nice. 

Can’t really complain about the set. For that price in these times it is what it is. 

May wave is ok, I’m looking forward more to the June wave more and curious about what the August ones look like.  

depending on May the 4th GWP If it’s good enough I’ll pick these up straight away if not I’ll wait for them to go on sale tbh. 

got to save up for barad dur and medieval village 

Posted (edited)

Finally! I love this set and I'm so glad it comes with the pram but man, that is NOT $30 worth of LEGO...

Still, I love the Kelleran Beq minifig and I won't say no to more 501st troops. I do wish the BARC speeder was sleeker than it is. It's really boxy. I had hoped it would take advantage of recent Speed Champions slope pieces to smooth and round it out nicely. Also, the Coruscant lamp post is kind of a waste of a build but I don't know what more they could have done without using more pieces. Maybe the Jedi temple doorway they exit from?

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Finally! I love this set and I'm so glad it comes with the pram but man, that is NOT $30 worth of LEGO...

Still, I love the Kelleran Beq minifig and I won't say no to more 501st troops. I do wish the BARC speeder was sleeker than it is. It's really boxy. I had hoped it would take advantage of recent Speed Champions slope pieces to smooth and round it out nicely. Also, the Coruscant lamp post is kind of a waste of a build but I don't know what more they could have done without using more pieces. Maybe the Jedi temple doorway they exit from?

I thought a doorway or like a checkpoint similar to what’s in this years battle pack could have been nice 

I would have bought the BARC speeder of it came with red Shock Troopers. But I don't need more 501st and there aren't enough other things in the set to draw me to it. 

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I would have bought the BARC speeder of it came with red Shock Troopers. But I don't need more 501st and there aren't enough other things in the set to draw me to it. 

Shock Troopers definitely would have been more enticing given how common 501st have been in recent years, as much as I love them. Or better yet, a Shock Trooper and a Naboo guard. It would have been a great way to get another TPM minifig during the anniversary even without being a TPM set.

10 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Shock Troopers definitely would have been more enticing given how common 501st have been in recent years, as much as I love them. Or better yet, a Shock Trooper and a Naboo guard. It would have been a great way to get another TPM minifig during the anniversary even without being a TPM set.

For 30 dollars it’s ok. They could have gone all out with Naboo guards, shock troopers side builds but then it turns in to a 60-70 dollar set. For what the set is I’m happy with it 

Posted (edited)

I was hoping the BARC would be smaller and sleeker like how the Hoth and Endor speeder bikes have been, but in this case I can appreciate that it being oversized is necessary to accommodate the sidecar with Grogu’s pram. Still, it could’ve been made shorter.

This’ll be a skip for me, but it’s a solid set.

Edited by Kaijumeister

I like it a lot! Cool build based on a cool scene with fitting minifigs. While I also would’ve preferred Shocktroopers, the 501st troopers are neat too, even though I hope this is the last time we’re seeing them for a looooooong time :laugh_hard:

Now we only need to see the TIE Interceptor, the polybag (which allegedly is also an Interceptor), and the GWP set, and the May wave is complete!

I don't like oversized vehicles and frankly I'm a bit burnt out on 501st clones. I already own baby Yoda and I don't care too much for Kelleran Beq. So I really don't know why I like this set so much.

I'd love to see the internal budget for this one, because what you're getting for $30 is rough. Obi-Wan's starfighter is the same price for a more substantial build and a new minifigure mould, or the new clones/droids battle pack is practically the same piece count with a bunch of extra characters to boot.

This set should be 25-30% off,  minimum.

The speeder looks massive! Since the Beq minifig is the only thing that i am interested in, the set is a pass for me. Hope he shows up in a magazine next year :pir_laugh2:

$30, up until December of 2022, got you an oversized walker, an oversized BARC, and six figures (two of them being droids).

Now, $30 gets you an oversized BARC with side car, a sorry excuse of a lamp post, and four figures (one being grogu)

This sucks man

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The speeder looks massive! Since the Beq minifig is the only thing that i am interested in, the set is a pass for me. Hope he shows up in a magazine next year :pir_laugh2:

I’d be kind of gutted if he did show up in the magazine but let’s face it he is prime candidate for a magazine figure 

8 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

And finally an accessible non-festive version of Grogu's hoverpram! And it fits in the sidecar!

To be fair, it's not like it's made of particularly rare parts- you just swap a few red parts for grey in the advent calendar and bam.

But it is nice to see them using a consistent design across different colorations.

9 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

They also included a little light post with a stand, which wasn’t necessarily, but it’s something else, so that’s neat. 

I actually really like the light post. It adds a bit to the world, it's a nice side build that wasn't needed, and it looks good for what it is.

55 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

a sorry excuse of a lamp post

I will not tolerate this lamp post abuse.

But for real, while I do agree the set seems overpriced, I am going to call out the lamp post as the designer trying to squeeze in a bit more value, as well as what I said above about it being an extra part of the world. I really like it when we get little terrain side builds, it helps make a more complete play experience for kids. Lego 100% would have charged $30 for this regardless of the lamp post's inclusion, so I'm glad we're getting it rather than just having x fewer parts, or a speeder bike that's just THAT much chunkier.

Overall the set's fine. Definitely overpriced, and I think it relies upon people being WAY bigger Kelleran Beq fans than I think most people are, since he's really the only selling point of the set. I seriously dislike how giant and chunky these BARCs are getting- I think even without the sidecar this is the worst offender in terms of sheer size. The pram is fine, as is Grogu, and I guess it's nice people who don't want to swap parts from the two currently availible blue clone battle packs can now have 501st shinies, but again, this means we'll have three sub-$30 sets with generic blue clones availible simultaneously. The lamp post is unironically my favorite part of the set for the reasons listed above. Expands the world, shows the designer was trying to squeeze in some value, etc.

1 minute ago, Llewop said:

I’d be kind of gutted if he did show up in the magazine but let’s face it he is prime candidate for a magazine figure 

Why would you be sad if he was in the magazine?

Posted (edited)

Obviously it’d be good for everyone if he did go in the magazine next year or whenever but most people will get the set because he’s in it so it’s a lot better to spend a fiver on a magazine rather than 30 on a set. So for me I’d be gutted because I’d waste 30 for one figure

Edited by Llewop

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I seriously dislike how giant and chunky these BARCs are getting- I think even without the sidecar this is the worst offender in terms of sheer size

I would’ve much preferred two tiny (or rather, figure scaled) BARCs. Sure it’s not accurate to the scene, but it’s Lego, and it would offer more interactivity in the set.

Lego has this habit of oversizing small vehicles like speeders, N-1s, Shin’s starfighter, etc, while undersizing others like the gunship, AAT, tie bomber, etc. Putting some of these sets next to each other looks funky.

I would never say that accurate scale should be prioritized over fun, but this speeder accomplishes nothing that a smaller one couldn’t do just as well, while saving pieces for other side builds…maybe a second lamp post!

What they really need is a way to make Grogu's pram smaller so they can make a smaller BARC to scale with it. I think a generic round baby carriage would be a worthwhile new mold with applications in City, Friends, and here.

I would have prefered 501st troopers with combat dents, just like the 212th have. But the set itself looks fine to me.

The Sith Infiltrator looks a bit weird to me, but I guess it's alright given the scale they were going for. Price is definitely not there but I suppose it's more or less on par with what we're used to, with a discount it'll be fine. The Mando set is cool but again, not really worth the price at all. I could see myself getting it eventually but probably not unless I see it on sale, since Beq and the Grogu's pram are the only parts I really care about (and the latter I could build on my own if I really wanted).