MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Acolyte trailer has me very cautiously optimistic. From what they show of the hopefully main character, the long-haired guy, he seems awesome. And it is nice to see lightsabers and jedi again out in force. But still a few things that worry me- the "it's not about good and bad, it's about who's in power" line better not be part of some attempt to make the dark side sympathetic- the jedi order wasn't perfect, but the sith are supposed to be the ultimate evil.

Acolyte panel at Star Wars Celebration:

"Best thing about Star Wars is there is no good or evil it all depends on what side you're standing on, truely!"

:hmpf:

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I doubt it. None of the sets based on newer content have had 25th anniversary stuff. And the fact that the leakers all call it Jedi Bob's starfighter does imply pretty heavily that it's named that- it's not like they'd see some random hooded jedi in the prelim and default to "it's jedi bob!"

The Acolyte trailer has me very cautiously optimistic. From what they show of the hopefully main character, the long-haired guy, he seems awesome. And it is nice to see lightsabers and jedi again out in force. But still a few things that worry me- the "" line better not be part of some attempt to make the dark side sympathetic- the jedi order wasn't perfect, but the sith are supposed to be the ultimate evil. And that last scene kinda tells us that every single jedi present is dying or there'll be a big canon error.

Honestly feels like a very Palpatine line to me 

Anakin: I know enough, the sith are evil!

Sheev: Anakin, Anakin no. Good and evil, that's what the narrow lens of the jedi sees, but to truly understand the force one must look at all aspects. No my boy it's not about good and bad, it's about power and who's allowed to use it. Power the jedi won't let you use, the power to save the ones you love! Join me Anakin and we can use that power, we can save her.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Acolyte panel at Star Wars Celebration:

"Best thing about Star Wars is there is no good or evil it all depends on what side you're standing on, truely!"

:hmpf:

Yeah I got downvoted to oblivion on r/LegoStarWarsLeaks for merely mentioning that there were some production problems and controversy around the Acolyte. They stopped talking about the actual topic of my post. I had to give evidence but they still attacked me. 

Anyway, we absolutely sure there’s no September wave. Because I would like to see some Acolyte sets (but preferably for Bad Batch and Andor)

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But still a few things that worry me- the "it's not about good and bad, it's about who's in power" line better not be part of some attempt to make the dark side sympathetic- […]

I highly doubt that. Just look at the poster, with the „darkness rising“ tagline plus the blood-smeared lightsaber :laugh: The Sith are still clearly meant to be evil.

What could happen is Mae (the titular acolyte I suppose?) being conflicted as that‘s a common theme in SW, but her still unknown Sith master will 100% be evil!

Disney's (and, BTW, Legends') black-and-white morality sucks. The whole Star Wars universe needs a reboot. SEQUELS AREN'T CANON!!!

19 minutes ago, Shiva said:

But are the prequels canon?

Heck yeah! Even if you don't like the prequels atleast you feel that it was made with passion and a genuine interest. Not to get off topic too much but I'll just say that the sequels have like a ton of the same vehicles and settings as the original trilogy which to me just feels soulless 

20 minutes ago, Shiva said:

But are the prequels canon?

Yes because they have the redeeming quality of having excellent world building and the Clone Wars. The sequels do not.

Posted (edited)

Droideka and Podrace Diorama leaked. Looking strong. If this really is the last diorama, it’s going out on a high note. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

9 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Droideka and Podrace Diorama leaked. Looking strong. If this really is the last diorama, it’s going out on a high note. 

Thank the maker! Saved from the boring 'boo the sequels' debate.

Diorama is strong. Called it on the quote.

Posted (edited)

Love the big droideka, and the small one looks pretty decent! Looks like a throwback to the very first one with the lever pieces as "eyes", connected by a 1x1 modified plate with rings :laugh:

The diorama is much cooler than expected! Sebulba's pod racer looks sick! Looks like it's the full quote from the other day too :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Is there any indication this is the last diorama? 

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Is there any indication this is the last diorama? 

Yeah, first time I'm hearing this! Even if it was true, how come we already'd know about it? For instance, we only learned about the helmet line ending when the midi-scale sets were rumoured! Unless we hear about a replacement concept, I'm not buying it :tongue:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, first time I'm hearing this! Even if it was true, how come we already'd know about it? For instance, we only learned about the helmet line ending when the midi-scale sets were rumoured! Unless we hear about a replacement concept, I'm not buying it :tongue:

I could honestly see it ending, or at least staying to one midi-scale version a year... But even so, I don't think there's any actual evidence this is true.

I doubt the dioramas are ending we’ve just got a lot of other sets in the theme coming out this year. They’ll be back next year. Unless someone else has confirmed they won’t come back I’d imagine the helmets will come back at some point.

droideka looks different glad it’s a new design don’t know if I like it yet. Also kind of hoping they do it in a cheaper set at some point 

Debates on Acolyte or Star Wars morality should be had in the Media topic found in my tag below.

Stay on the topic of actual Lego in this thread please.

Hasbro already announced Acolyte actions figures and we still haven't heard anything about Acolyte set in Lego. Hope for the sepmteber wave for Acolyte and BB. 

Podrace looks solid- a good representation of the scene, just not a scene I personally would want to display. (Right now I've got a tatooine homestead MOC in the style, then the dagobah diorama, then the throne room. Beginning-middle-end)

Droidika... I'm gonna need to see some more angles. If it can transform into a ball, awesome. If not, I dunno about it. Definite no on the minifig-scaled one though, it feels like it's different for the sake of being different, and comes off looking goofy.

The mini droideka looks awful, one of the worst imo but it's no biggie, the main model of the display droideka looks fantastic though

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Droidika... I'm gonna need to see some more angles. If it can transform into a ball, awesome. If not, I dunno about it. Definite no on the minifig-scaled one though, it feels like it's different for the sake of being different, and comes off looking goofy.

Personally I don't really think it'll be able to turn into a ball, the build seems rigid (but who knows), but imo it doesn't matter for me I would never display it like that or play with it so I guess it doesn't need to be functional. Definately would be a plus though if it rolled like the 2001 droideka 

The Podrace diorama looks good. Hopefully this isn't the last of them as it would be a shame not to do Duel of the Fates or Anakin vs. Obi-Wan someday.

The Droideka looks amazing. Definitely one of the best droid display sets they've done so far. The minifigure scale one is an improvement over the last version but still not particularly that good. I do wish they would just create a specialized minifigure already.

The podrace diorama looks fabtastic, way better than I expected. 

The buildable Droideka is a must-have for me as it's my favorite droid. The minifig-scale Droideka is by far the best one they've ever done but it's still got issues. Not going to lie, I was hoping we would finally get some specialized molds for it. I don't see why battle droids, super battle droids and astromechs can have unique molds and Droidekas can't. I think it's clear after 25 years, LEGO just can't get them right with regular bricks. Sadly, it doesn't look like either the big one or the minifig-scale one can easily roll up into a ball but perhaps they can with some partsforming or modification.

Also, a little disappointed we aren't getting a 25th anniversary figure with it, I thought we were. 

1 hour ago, Minishark2000 said:

Personally I don't really think it'll be able to turn into a ball, the build seems rigid (but who knows),

I wouldn't rule it out, if the leg "ball" can rotate around the spine, I think it would be able to roll up fairly well even though the legs are fixed in place. Def need more pictures, but if it doesn't that just gives me another project!

Don’t love the rumored price for the Podrace. It seems like it will be close to if not slightly wider than the Dagobah diorama by my counting of studs, making it a large one in the diorama line, but with two mini podracer that have both been done in that scale before and no figures I’m having a hard time seeing the $80. It looks like two mini polybag builds and a bunch of non-unique tan and black parts with one printed quote brick. If we generously say the mini builds are ~$10 each they’re really asking a lot for tan and black parts. 

The droideka model on the other hand looks fantastic and even if it has no articulation will be great on display. The mini fig size droideka may be the worst one ever. The legs are very weird and too distracting, and it has no neck gap unlike every previous model. The head is smashed right down onto the chest area. So bizarre they can’t get this right. The best droideka build remains the first one IMO. Close enough in looks and could fully roll up into a rough ball shape.