MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Case in point: the 2018 Kessel Run Falcon (the last non-standard Falcon, give or take a few minifigs and a satellite dish) only lasted one year. It was a niche set to coincide with a major motion picture, but it wasn't intended to stay on shelves for a long time. Of course, who knows how long it would have stayed on shelves if the release of TROS hadn't given Lego a compelling reason to push out another Falcon the very next year?

23 minutes ago, icm said:

Case in point: the 2018 Kessel Run Falcon (the last non-standard Falcon, give or take a few minifigs and a satellite dish) only lasted one year. It was a niche set to coincide with a major motion picture, but it wasn't intended to stay on shelves for a long time. Of course, who knows how long it would have stayed on shelves if the release of TROS hadn't given Lego a compelling reason to push out another Falcon the very next year?

I personally see the Dark Falcon being a 1-2 year run with a classic Falcon with OT minifigures coming out to succeed it. Been discussed on here many times, but certain things like an X-Wing, Tie Fighter, or even the Falcon will likely always be on shelves (in some capacity)

When’s the next Luke Landspeeder happening? It’s been a suspiciously long time since the last play-scale one. 

oh no their going to do an entire wave next year aren’t they?!!!

20 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

When’s the next Luke Landspeeder happening? It’s been a suspiciously long time since the last play-scale one. 

oh no their going to do an entire wave next year aren’t they?!!!

I've mentioned this before in other threads, but I actually have inside knowledge at lego and can exclusively confirm the 1HY 2025 sets as the following:

Luke's Landspeeder microfighter ($9.99): Farmboy Luke

Luke's Landspeeder Mech ($15.99): Mech styled like Luke's landspeeder with Farmboy Luke.

Farmboy Luke battle pack ($19.99): 4x Farmboy Lukes, Luke's Landspeeder.

Luke's Landspeeder ($37.99): Farmboy Luke, R2-D2, C-3PO, Ben Kenobi.

Landspeeder Advencture (4+) ($49.99): Landspeeder and a moisture vaporator on a rocky outcropping. Farmboy Luke, C-3PO.

Buildible Luke with Landspeeder ($89.99): Buildible Luke figure on a sort of chibi version of his landspeeder. No minifigs.

UCS Luke's Landspeeder ($699.99): Much larger than 2022 version. Comes with Farmboy Luke (poncho, hat) and R2-D2 (back printing)

MBS Luke's Landspeeder ($349.99): A large Luke's Landspeeder that pops open into a figure display. Comes with Farmboy Luke, Farmboy Luke (arm printing), Farmboy Luke (hat), Farmboy Luke (Poncho), Farmboy Luke (hat and arm printing), Farmboy Luke (poncho and arm printing), Farmboy Luke (hat, poncho, and arm printing), as well as a new Farmboy Luke with dual-molded legs (white upper legs with white lower legs but using the dual molding process).

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Personally, I don't think the Dark Falcon will be around past 2025 unless it really exceeds expectations. It's a niche set to coincide with a Hasbro Dark Side thing, but it does not scream "long-term" to me in any regard. 

My guess is that this is just an interim Falcon, as LEGO has had the 2019 on shelves for a while, and they want to do something different before the next "normal" Millennium, which I'd assume will either release in 2025 for the ESB 45th anniversary, or in 2027 for the ANH anniversary - either of which would be the first fully OT Falcon since 2011. 

I guess it depends on "for a while" means to you. I don't think we see a new falcon next year, especially since there's both the system dark falcon and midi falcon that just released, but I do think 2027's likely- it's just that not getting an OT falcon for another 3.5 years feels like awhile to me. 3 years between falcons isn't a huge gap, but like you say, it'll be 16 years between system OT falcons (and 8 between system grey falcons- it'd be nice to have OT figs, but the TROS falcon is pretty close in terms of build, unlike the "evil" or kessel run falcons)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Farmboy Luke battle pack ($19.99): 4x Farmboy Lukes, Luke's Landspeeder.

Why does the battle pack come with a minifigure of Luke's Landspeeder  :pir-cry_sad:

On the subject of when we're getting the next OT Falcon, I think I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment that the Dark Falcon won't stick around too long. Unless it ends up looking mostly the same as the original, my guess is 2026 for the next one; two years will give the Dark Falcon time to sell, but it won't overstay its welcome. I do have to wonder how successful the Dark Falcon will even be though. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but this totally seems like the kind of set that could end up selling terribly since it's so weird and then end up getting discounted to levels rarely seen for Star Wars. I kinda hope it does decently since some more out of left field stuff would be cool, although perhaps not occupying one of the largest price points next time.

Kelleran Beq looks good and the gold details definitely elevate the minifig and the robe design of the actual character. Despite what others are saying, this set needed to happen. I simply wish it had included at least one Naboo Royal guard and a couple of Shock Troopers instead of the 501st again but more clones is more clones. I do hope the BARC build is substantial though and we really, really need Grogu to come with his pram at this point. That would help the value of the set because $30 for just a BARC with a sidecar seems absurd. There has to be some other build(s) to help justify that. Or better yet, this set should have been the H-type Nubian Yacht instead of a BARC, despite the BARC being more prominent in the scene.

Edited by ToaDraco

17 minutes ago, Meaf said:

Why does the battle pack come with a minifigure of Luke's Landspeeder  :pir-cry_sad:

Now I want a minifigure of Luke with his Landspeeder as his costume, like the train kid and boat captain from the CMFs. 

15 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Now I want a minifigure of Luke with his Landspeeder as his costume, like the train kid and boat captain from the CMFs. 

This has to happen.

43 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Kelleran Beq looks good and the gold details definitely elevate the minifig and the robe design of the actual character. Despite what others are saying, this set needed to happen. I simply wish it had included at least one Naboo Royal guard and a couple of Shock Troopers instead of the 501st again but more clones is more clones. I do hope the BARC build is substantial though and we really, really need Grogu to come with his pram at this point. That would help the value of the set because $30 for just a BARC with a sidecar seems absurd. There has to be some other build(s) to help justify that. Or better yet, this set should have been the H-type Nubian Yacht instead of a BARC, despite the BARC being more prominent in the scene.

I understand some level of excitement for the set, but I don't know if a set based on a small cameo scene from one episode of a series realistically "needed" to happen. I do agree though that getting the Nubian ship with some Naboo guards would have been a better angle for the set, since that would be relatively new content that also works for the 25th anniversary of TPM.

Both 501st and Shock clones are available in cheap sets already, as is Grogu. I sort of agree on the pram, though it's pretty easy to build a custom one with simple parts. Beq could have been in the Nubian ship set as an alternative, or I would argue that there are a ton of other small characters that we've never gotten at all that would have led to more interesting sets (e.g. Shmi, Boss Nass, Wat Tambor, Yaddle, Jocasta Nu, Dexster, etc.)

On 2/17/2024 at 10:57 AM, Agent Kallus said:

They had Palpatine in shops near me from last week. It's a new issue every 4 weeks, but I think Germany gets thier new issue before we do, and then the shopworkers see it before the public but if a German shopworker shares it then we know long before it'll be out in the UK, but IMO it's nice to know in advance. Makes it easier to look out for the more interesting ones.

Got the Palpatine magazine issue this week in Spain. Not only SW issues have good minifigs, Ninjago and specially Marvel/DC usually have great minifigs to complete collections.

39 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

[...] but I don't know if a set based on a small cameo scene from one episode of a series realistically "needed" to happen. I do agree though that getting the Nubian ship with some Naboo guards would have been a better angle for the set, since that would be relatively new content that also works for the 25th anniversary of TPM.

I'd say it's more than just a cameo, it's a rather lengthy and important action scene! We've had sets with vehicles and characters before that had way less significance and screen time in comparison :laugh: While it's weird to have a set based on a flashback, it's very much welcome!

On 2/18/2024 at 11:03 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I feel confident this is a death star of some sort, but I would love a new Cloud City. System playsets are so rare, but they were the most fun I had with stock lego sets as a kid, they offer the most play experience. And with lego's improvements in quality since 2003, a new system cloud city could easily look good enough to display in an adult collection.

I'm waiting to see if that death star play set is real. The Yavin IV is great from a playset perspective with many minifigs. I tend to like more system playsets, I find them more fun and great to play with my children, even if I get most of SW ones. They know that and ask instead for Marvel/Ninjago/Harry Potter/Jurassic sets hoping I'll get SW ones.

Got the Cloud City MBS set as well, I love location playsets, they are more immersive. Not the best design, but great for minifigs, playing and pieces. It needs a redesign to be more accurate and less flat, which is a small project I have pending with my children if I grab some free time 

Due to recent additions to lore due to recent events on r/PrequelMemes….

Will Lego be making a set with Manpatine and Darth Bone or are they stupid?

Edited by CloneCommando99

12 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

The last anniversary figure??!?!?!1?!/!?!/1?!?!?!1!/?!

Any chance for Omega's new friend to appear in LEGO form?

This should be too short, to be called a spoiler of Bad Batch season 3. Right?

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Any chance for Omega's new friend to appear in LEGO form?

This should be too short, to be called a spoiler of Bad Batch season 3. Right?

I think if I’m right there is one set we don’t know of so chances of anything from the bad batch let alone series 3 is extremely small 

IMO these are the three most likely things we’re going to get from bad batch (which isn’t likely anyway):

A: Nu/ RHO class attack shuttle. Preferable figs include: Scorch, 2 clone commandos, Dr Hemlock, S3 Omega and S3 Crosshair.

B: Imperial Turbo Tank. With S2/3 Hunter, S2/3 Wrecker, S2/3 Echo, a clone commando and 2-3 TK troopers.

C: Imperial V-Wing. With S2 Tech, a TK Trooper pilot and a TK trooper.

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

TK Trooper pilot and a TK trooper

Haven't seen the new episodes yet, but are you implying that these are two different things as of S3? If so, that's very good. I didn't really like that it was just regular TK Troopers piloting the gunships and V-wings in seasons 1 and 2.

38 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Haven't seen the new episodes yet, but are you implying that these are two different things as of S3? If so, that's very good. I didn't really like that it was just regular TK Troopers piloting the gunships and V-wings in seasons 1 and 2.

Haven’t seen new episodes, just going off of the trailer. We did see tk trooper with tie pilot life support pack flying a V-Wing in the trailer.

On 2/20/2024 at 3:15 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'd say it's more than just a cameo, it's a rather lengthy and important action scene! We've had sets with vehicles and characters before that had way less significance and screen time in comparison :laugh: While it's weird to have a set based on a flashback, it's very much welcome!

Not to mention it's a really important scene to Grogu's backstory and clearly we'll see more of him in flashbacks with the way they ended the scene.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Not to mention it's a really important scene to Grogu's backstory and clearly we'll see more of him in flashbacks with the way they ended the scene.

Exactly I mean before the series/film for Mando and Grogus story ends I suppose we need to find out how he ended up where he did and where he was during the whole time from order 66 to after the fall of the empire. At this point Kelleren beq might still be alive just a really old man. 

Edited by Llewop

For 75394,

could this be the creature we’re looking for?

It fits the multiple eye description and is pretty obscure, obscure enough not to be known by the leaker.

CD8D6419-D0FB-40E0-8C00-23EF923592F0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

For 75394,

could this be the creature we’re looking for?

It fits the multiple eye description and is pretty obscure, obscure enough not to be known by the leaker.

What is more likely here: the leakers saw a picture of a blob with tentacles and only described that it had multiple eyes because they didn’t know what it was, or they know what the set is and are being intentionally obtuse to gain followers and/or protect their source(s)?