MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

They look like prints to me. The cockpit cone is definitely a print.

4 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

75375_alt2.jpg

Hello all,

Are all these rounded bricks, prints? ... BECAUSE if they are stickers I have to pass this amazing set :/

It's been confirmed by the designers (via the LAN members you got to see the sets early) that every decoration in this set is a print, no stickers whatsoever.

So is it possible that there are NO STICKERS in Millennium Falcon? (mid-scale)

ok? so no stickers <3 wow!! that is something. MUST BUY! DAY1

Edited by legoturtle

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

My only guess is they wanted a female anniversary character in a male-dominated lineup, but as you said there’s other, more appealing characters like the fourth sister to fill this slot. Padme in one of her countless, fantastic dresses from the prequels would have been ideal to me. 

Totally agree if they just wanted a female character there's a lot of choices I think most people would prefer-

I'll even exclude KOTOR characters, though I'm leaving TOR's Shatele since that's not really the same time period anymore than the prequels are to the sequels

Mara Jade, Shatele Shan, Darth Talon (More appropriate outfit from SWGOH), Mara Jade, Seventh Sister, Mon Mothma, Mara Jade, Yaddle, Doctor Aphra, Mara Jade, S2 Omega, Mara Jade, Mara Jade, or even Mara Jade.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If those symbols mean the same thing across figures, this is indeed a solid case for Saw *huh* There aren't that many cyborg rebels out there! Cautiously optimistic now! :excited:

Get absolutely wrecked, lego subscribes to the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy and it's actually just Valance 

To be honest Valance would actually have been a pretty cool one- visually interesting but we'll never get him in a set. At least modern comics characters like Aphra could hypothetically be thrown into standard OT vehicles like Vader's TIE set or something.

58 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Anakin’s hairpiece looks like the Hobbit one to me 🤔

AD_Bricks is Anakin confirmed.

1 minute ago, legoturtle said:

So is it possible that there are NO STICKERS in Millennium Falcon? (mid-scale)

ok? so no stickers <3 wow!! that is something. MUST BUY! DAY1

Given no figs, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all prints. It would also really help sell them as a premium product.

2 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

Soooo... looking at the symbols next to the mystery figure they line up with "Cybernetic" and "Loyal" from the other characters.That certainly leans towards Saw for me.

My only concern with automatically going with this is that the fig and these symbols could be entirely preliminary, with those symbols being very basic compared to the megaphone, etc. on the other two. I would mainly trust the character description. It's possible the symbols stay the same, but if the fig is preliminary, anything there could be. 

8 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I am a little bit annoyed at the Tantive cockpit. Are people right to be aggrieved at its proportions? 

Illegal, I’m afraid 

It is a bit small relative to the rest of the ship, but I’m not sure if there is a better-sized cone piece to do the job 

34 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Mara Jade, Shatele Shan, Darth Talon (More appropriate outfit from SWGOH), Mara Jade, Seventh Sister, Mon Mothma, Mara Jade, Yaddle, Doctor Aphra, Mara Jade, S2 Omega, Mara Jade, Mara Jade, or even Mara Jade

Great list, I would also add Mara Jade, Leia Cloud City (post carbon freezing), or even Mara Jade

On 1/28/2024 at 2:29 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

So I'm going to quickly run through a lot of the complaints/issues more generally and try to give rational thoughts in response to rational arguments 

Helmet Holes: This is the one I view most as a non-issue, and where it being a lego figure, not an action figure, comes in. Of course everything's subjective, but for a children's building toy, the ability to build different figures is more important than Black Series detailing. Having helmet holes on the heads allows for accessories to be attached, and having them on all clones not only increases consistency, but allows kids to make custom clones much more easily. This one feels like one where at the end of the day, it's a building toy, and customizability is going to come first. Again, dislike what you want, but if the helmet holes are your dealbreaker, action figures might be a better choice for you to collect.

Kamas: Countering that is the one I view as most reasonable in regards to the clones. A relatively small number of characters have kamas in-universe, so taking the bit of extra budget to dual-mold the legs or do side leg printing seems reasonable, especially when considering it's half the character's legs, not just a bit of detail. It's not a dealbreaker for me- I have a number of the 501st officer, and I'll get Fives and Rex when their sets release this year, but it is one where I really understand the argument. This is one I'd sign a petition about - granted it wasn't phrased as a demand like a lot of this stuff.

2014 style vs 2020 style: this one's subjective. I prefer the 2020 style, because I prefer the clone wars cartoon to the actual prequel films, so I like my clones to be like they are- the clone wars stylization only annoys me with faces, not helmets. That said, there's nothing wrong with preferring the 2014 style, which is a lot more accurate to ROTS. It's all down to preference. What I will say is at this point it's pretty clear the 2020 style is what they're going with, so while there's nothing wrong with "I still prefer how they looked in 2014", it is something you just have to take at this point, as it's not really a quality issue and more of a stylistic choice. 

Lack of print by fin: While I still don't like that people sort of latched onto this for fives when it's been happening since the new mold, this is something they have been able to do in the past. While the majority of figures even with the older P2 mold have this issue, there are a few exceptions like that Kashyyyk trooper they used so frequently. P1 clone pilots and the old, hole-for-visor clone helmet also are able to print right up to the fin. So overall, I agree, yeah, this is something they should be working on fixing. 

Thanks for organizing/summarizing. As for my opinion goes on each of these...

Debatable

• Helmet Holes: Yep, unfortunately that's the insurmountable argument in favor of the location of the helmet holes themselves (unless you factor in their suspected impact on print quality...). I can begrudgingly accept this on its own.
  • 2014 vs. 2020: Yep. It's subjective. 2020 torsos are perfect for P2 animated. I don't like it but, again, I can and have begrudgingly accepted it. I'm just disappointed we never got the 501st in the 2014 style.

Disappointing

• Kamas: This stinks for kids. Fortunately I have accumulated enough over the years where it's not a problem for me personally (except for odd colors like the niche 187th Airborne Trooper). I'll say this on behalf of Lego: neither cloth or dual molded legs are viable solutions for a minifigure like Fives who has a multi-colored Kama. They'd really have to go the extra mile to pull that off (e.g. multi-colored kama or side-leg printing) & none of us are naive enough to expect that.

Do Better (underlined emphasis for the tl;dr people)

• Lack of print by fin Helmet Print Quality Regression: To clarify: Yes, fins are one of many things that could be improved. The problem is Lego's quality has regressed. I'll continue to contrast the Wolf on the Wolfpack helmets vs. the Rishi Eel on the Fives helmet. To anybody that hasn't already done so: Go look at them side-by-side. The Lego Wolfpack Wolf is one image. The Lego Fives Eel is five separate disjointed marks. And, yes, it's supposed to be an Eel. It's an homage depicting the monster that eats his brother Cutup in the "Rookies" episode. The TLG helmet doesn't make discerning that any easier. I won't beat the dead horse that is the 212th helmets, too...
  • Attention to Detail: Lego just isn't doing enough to ensure trueness to the source material (e.g. Commander Fox & Captain Vaughn). YES, it's hard. But Lego is appealing to Clone fans and it's basically a pre-requisite to have an attention to detail as a Clone fan because there are so many variants & the differences can be really subtle. It's the die-hards that are responsible for a significant amount of the army building/buying.

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Lego's quality control has gone down drastically in the last 10 years.

Lego can both listen to fans and drop the ball with quality control.

Nice & succinctly made points.

Now that you've been buttered up...

I apologize for continuing the discussion & risking further fallout but I felt like there was still some value I could (cordially) add.

The last thing I'll say regarding the broader discussion is "You can be right, but wrong at the top of your voice." How you communicate matters.

47 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

Great list, I would also add Mara Jade, Leia Cloud City (post carbon freezing), or even Mara Jade

Mara Jade's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I can also add Cere Junda, Merrin, Kay Vess, Mara Jade, Rebel Iden, Comic Leia (yellow vest over white jumpsuit), Dark Disciple Ventress, Mara Jade, Sana Starros, Nala Se, Crimson Dawn Qi'ra, and potentially Mara Jade.

34 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Thanks for organizing/summarizing. As for my opinion goes on each of these...

Helmet Holes: Yep, unfortunately that's the insurmountable argument in favor of the location of the helmet holes themselves (unless you factor in their suspected impact on print quality...). I can begrudgingly accept this on its own.

2014 vs. 2020: Yep. It's subjective. 2020 torsos are perfect for P2 animated. I don't like it but, again, I can and have begrudgingly accepted it. I'm just disappointed we never got the 501st in the 2014 style.

Kamas: This stinks for kids.

The Lego Wolfpack Wolf is one image. The Lego Fives Eel is five separate disjointed marks.

Lego is appealing to Clone fans and it's basically a pre-requisite to have an attention to detail as a Clone fan because there are so many variants & the differences can be really subtle.

The last thing I'll say regarding the broader discussion is "You can be right, but wrong at the top of your voice." How you communicate matters.

Yeah, I think we actually agree on most of this in the end. 

I honestly never knew Five's helmet was the Rishi Eel. I still can't see it on the figure or in-universe helmet.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Well...Tantive IV looks good, seems mostly accurate but pass. Millennium Falcon...hard to pass up, it is my favorite ship. Invisible Hand...need to have it. I like the hallway and Fives. Gonna wait though for May 4th or some other good deal rather than pre-order. 

4 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

Hopefully there'll be a lot of sellers selling invisible hand sticker sheets, I need those Separatist symbols!! 

The 2020 AAT is a good source as well

The hallway has grown on me. Putting two together has a lot of potential to stage a major scene only using figures from the set. Vader outside the door, four stormtroopers on the first hallway, four rebel troopers and Antilles in the second hallway, and as a bonus you could throw in 3PO and R2 right in the middle running towards the door. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Mara Jade's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I can also add Cere Junda, Merrin, Kay Vess, Mara Jade, Rebel Iden, Comic Leia (yellow vest over white jumpsuit), Dark Disciple Ventress, Mara Jade, Sana Starros, Nala Se, Crimson Dawn Qi'ra, and potentially Mara Jade.

See, this is where we differ. If we get Mara Jade before we get someone like Boss Nass or Mara Jade, then I would be disappointed. 

It looks like you could slide a red & yellow Tile, Round 1 x 1 Quarter (25269) into the hangar of the Invisible Hand to represent the Jedi Interceptors. I prefer playscale but the ship looks nice and would be a nice background piece in the display area. I may consider it and, as a result, the SSD. We'll see. I already have the Falcon & Tantive represented in the collection at different scales and, while solid, they both look just a bit off to me.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I think we actually agree on most of this in the end. 

I honestly never knew Five's helmet was the Rishi Eel. I still can't see it on the figure or in-universe helmet.

*Han Solo salute* to you.

Yeah, you kind of have to know what you're looking for and then squint lol. The jagged printing around the fin is the eel's body, the arch above the visor are the jowls (with 'teeth' in the center), and two red dots just below the body & above the jowls are the eyes. I'm not sure if the red triangle is supposed to represent something (e.g. Cutup) or what. Boil has the same/similar red triangle on his helmet.

Nice to see Anakin will be included with the Infiltrator but I really hope it doesn't come at the expense of losing Panaka and Padme in the set. Especially Panaka as the 2011 figure looks quite outdated now. I'm also glad to see they're bringing back the cloth poncho for Qui-Gon. Hopefully the anniversary figure is Saw Gerrera but I wouldn't complain if it turns out to be Ezra.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Totally agree if they just wanted a female character there's a lot of choices I think most people would prefer-

I'll even exclude KOTOR characters, though I'm leaving TOR's Shatele since that's not really the same time period anymore than the prequels are to the sequels

Mara Jade, Shatele Shan, Darth Talon (More appropriate outfit from SWGOH), Mara Jade, Seventh Sister, Mon Mothma, Mara Jade, Yaddle, Doctor Aphra, Mara Jade, S2 Omega, Mara Jade, Mara Jade, or even Mara Jade.

I prefer getting Young Leia over S2 Omega if I'm being honest. I don't think she's anymore visually interesting than Leia is and without the rest of the Bad Batch in their Season 2 outfits Omega is kind of pointless on her own. At least getting Young Leia completes the main cast of the Obi-Wan series.

Although if we're talking about better female choices for the anniversary figure then Mother Talzin and Duchess Satine would have to be top of the list for me. Of all the remaining Clone Wars characters that haven't gotten a minifigure yet those two are by far the most important.

8 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I’m just going off what foggy has suggested so far. I hope we have an incomplete picture. 

I agree with the sentiment - I really want more of the TPM figs we haven't seen in years. That said, I hope this is the tip of the iceberg with prequel sets. 

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I am a little bit annoyed at the Tantive cockpit. Are people right to be aggrieved at its proportions? 

I did think on first look the cockpit looked too small, but I think those are probably the only pieces to work at the scale they made the set. I can't really think of another piece that would have worked better without screwing with the scale of the rest of the ship.

3 hours ago, Pedilego said:

Yeah, you kind of have to know what you're looking for and then squint lol. The jagged printing around the fin is the eel's body, the arch above the visor are the jowls (with 'teeth' in the center), and two red dots just below the body & above the jowls are the eyes. I'm not sure if the red triangle is supposed to represent something (e.g. Cutup) or what. Boil has the same/similar red triangle on his helmet.

I can sort of see it now. My guess is the triangle's just some other thing, maybe something repeated like Rex/Kanan's Jag Eyes. Because the alternative of Fives choosing to represent his dead friend being eaten by an eel on his helmet, representing the dead friend as a red triangle, feels pretty messed up. :laugh:

2 hours ago, wesker said:

I prefer getting Young Leia over S2 Omega if I'm being honest. I don't think she's anymore visually interesting than Leia is and without the rest of the Bad Batch in their Season 2 outfits Omega is kind of pointless on her own. At least getting Young Leia completes the main cast of the Obi-Wan series.

Although if we're talking about better female choices for the anniversary figure then Mother Talzin and Duchess Satine would have to be top of the list for me. Of all the remaining Clone Wars characters that haven't gotten a minifigure yet those two are by far the most important.

I put S2 Omega as I feel a lot of people prefer characters who are combatants to noncombatants (or at least I do... I see a lot of love for Boss Nass and various non-battle attire Padmes. The Padme I want most is a non-torn white jumpsuit with the cape), but I agree she's probably on the weaker end of that spectrum of female characters I think people would rather have than Young Leia.

I can't believe I didn't think of Talzin though, that's a great shout. And just to add even more-

Everie (she's a clone trooper, kind of, so desirability should be off the wall :laugh:), Mara Jade, Shattered amor Phasma, Zam Wessel, Mara Jade, Nightsister Zombie, Second Sister, Darth Traya, Mara Jade, Visas Marr, Leia (Boushh), Tusken Warrior (TBoBF), and, and I cannot stress this enough, Mara Jade.

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

See, this is where we differ. If we get Mara Jade before we get someone like Boss Nass or Mara Jade, then I would be disappointed. 

I can understand that, but you have to remember this is all under the assumption that lego chose her in some part because they wanted more female anniversary figs, and Boss Nass is male. If we remove that constraint we've put on ourselves, we can add the massive amount of male characters into the fold. We could even get Mar...ek. Galen Marek, the starkiller.

Point being- I'm baffled as why they chose young leia when there are so many other female characters that I believe a majority of people would find a lot more desirable. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it is a shame, and I do wonder why they made the choice- Obi-Wan wasn't particularly well-recieved, and they have plenty of other material to cover, even if they want to stay outside the skywalker saga. Like a certain book trilogy introducing a certain redheaded force user working as a smuggler.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The midi sets look great. The anniversary figs have me excited to learn more about the Star Wars expanded universe. No idea who Cal Kestis, Darth Malak, or Ezra are, but now that they are special anniversary figs I want to know more to appreciate them more. 

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

It's the newer style of Harry Potter hair

Oh yeah, I compared the silhouette to the two different pieces irl and it does look to be the HP one. I'm quite excited to get it in dark tan!

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

I'm quite excited to get it in dark tan!

Unless they reuse Omega‘s tan version of that hairpiece :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Those who are saying that the silhouette is  a placeholder, is there a source on that? Because it wouldn't make much sense to use a specific hairpiece just for a placeholder.

I'm still thinking it's not Saw though because of the sillohette, not only is hair wrong but I think he'd have a neck attachment. I mean the hair only works if he's CW saw but he's not a cyborg at that point which goes against one the other reasons people are saying that it's saw.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Point being- I'm baffled as why they chose young leia when there are so many other female characters that I believe a majority of people would find a lot more desirable. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it is a shame, and I do wonder why they made the choice- Obi-Wan wasn't particularly well-recieved, and they have plenty of other material to cover, even if they want to stay outside the skywalker saga. 

I don't think young Leia is as bizarre of a choice as people are making out, but you have a made a lot of fair alternative suggestions though I'm kind of surprised that no-one has mentioned Mara Jade.

Though the thing is with Mara Jade is that she is primarily a book character but I suppose she has appeared in visual mediums, like comics and Galaxy of Heroes. But there is still potentially one ( or maybe even more) unknown anniversary figure so she could still be on the list for all we know.

12 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

As someone who is a big fan of the Book of Boba Fett, and likes the Mod bikers, I completely agree. There’s like a dozen characters just in BOBF that would be better options.

As the second Mod lover of two probably, what is the point without the bikes? Legitimately if it's just Skad or nothing I would take nothing

42 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Though the thing is with Mara Jade is that she is primarily a book character but I suppose she has appeared in visual mediums, like comics and Galaxy of Heroes. But there is still potentially one ( or maybe even more) unknown anniversary figure so she could still be on the list for all we know.

Mara Jade (now that's a name I've not heard in a long time) was also in the Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith video game, although being in the DLC of a non-canon game when there hasn't even been sets or figs from the base game (Kyle Katarn anniversary fig anyone?) is probably stretching things a little bit.

6 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I did think on first look the cockpit looked too small...

Looks perfectly fine to me.

Spoiler

Me:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5qHk9C7qIu3lsW5m8m3i