Oilskin Johnny was nervous. More than usual. Apparently he was Captain of the Ship. He was pretty sure captains shouldn't be afraid of their crew.

53259129704_59e22d0b28_c.jpg

The casual violence, greed, and maybe the worst case of scurvy he'd ever encountered. 

53257902997_1ef1199016_c.jpg

The Captain's quarters were cozy. Johnny was sure the crew would make themselves at home. He planned on sleeping in the dinghy.

53257903047_42a6c9db66_c.jpg

La Rongeuse was a pretty ship with an impressive broadside.

53259269195_7544f14223_c.jpg

The chains were an early attempt at a simple beakhead.

53259269180_b874fceb58_c.jpg

Stern shot. I really like how the rat detailing turned out.

As the time for his cruise approaches, Oilskin Johnny is wondering if he can somehow avoid the whole business. I have not licensed the ship yet; I'm interested in trading the ship license for a large property. Let me know!

You can check out more pictures (including guns out/in shots) here

IRL Build discussion.

Spoiler

This was a build  I made 3-4 years ago.that was inspired by mocyourbricks "la grenouille". When I had finished, I thought: "this will be the last big MOC order that I will make." :pir-laugh: Little did I know. Anyways, I forgot a couple parts and the ship sat 60% completed for the last few years. I did an organizational overhaul of my collection this summer and decided to finish the build, photograph, then pull it apart for the bins.  I assumed my techniques had outpaced the build and it wasn't really worth finishing, but going through it, man, it's a sweet ship. 

Compared to La Grenouille, La Rongeuse is shorter on the beam. I feel the smaller lego hulls 6050c05 are really great for mocs. The larger hulls often make ships too fat. Getting the build to fit was a chore. Also, sand blue sucks. It's brutal to pick out from a bin. 

A beautiful built ship with interesting details! The figurehead with a rat on each side looks funny. The captain's cabin is very comfortably furnished.

Nice ship. I really like the stern detailing. And I can see its La Grenouille origins, but I like what you've done with it.

On 10/15/2023 at 12:29 AM, TomSkippy said:

As the time for his cruise approaches, Oilskin Johnny is wondering if he can somehow avoid the whole business. I have not licensed the ship yet; I'm interested in trading the ship license for a large property. Let me know!

What did you have in mind? A new large property or a transfer of an exisiting one? Send me a PM to discuss, as I have a wannabe rat that could be interested.

Amazing ship matey I really love it! I regocnized the material as I am also working on a ship and browsed YouTube for ideas. You did a great job making the design unique and fit the SR theme. Always good to see such MOC pass by, I can understand it took a lot of time but it sure was worth it! Looking forward on seeing Johnny's next adventure!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was a little sad pulling her apart and sorting her back to the bins. A fine ship!

Amazing ship, with so many nice and well-thought details. The rat figurehead is a particularly nice touch! Good luck to Johnny for is future adventures, provided that the crew doesn't decide to cook and eat him... who knows, things like this can happen among gentlemen of fortune! :pir_tong2: