Just as the Defender introduced olive green to Technic, indeed I don't see why the G-Wagon couldn't do the same for yellowish green.

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Just as the Defender introduced olive green to Technic, indeed I don't see why the G-Wagon couldn't do the same for yellowish green.

Right^

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

I don't know if the G Wagon is such a great addition tbh. Remember, you can just rebuild the Zetros into a remote controlled one (cudos to @grohl) and save on cash. I suspect, it will be just a static version like the Defender and pretty much the same size, but with a hefty +70€ price increase. If it was RC, then we'd start at min. 300€.

I actually think this upcoming one might as well be designed by Grohl, and that alternate build might have been a preliminary experiment. But I'm sure this upcoming one will be much more polished, though I could imagine the front grille construction to be similar.

38 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

That would not be so good. Yet another incomplete color, just like the olive green ever since then.

9 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

49 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

That would not be so good. Yet another incomplete color, just like the olive green ever since then.

That's by beef with the Defender and also 42069's purple, NXT's VLBG and 42099's bright orange, plus the Fifty Shades Of Blue of 2017.

However, I confess I'm a bit hypocritical in liking vibrant yellow, due to my wish to build a Technic MOC in M:Tron colours some time.

Posted (edited)

For the 42177 Mercedes-Benz G500 4X4 I bet (and wish) for dark green aka earth green. Its just a matter of time seeing this color in Technic after many elements for the plants and flowers.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

For the 42177 Mercedes-Benz G500 4X4 I bet (and wish) for dark green aka earth green. Its just a matter of time seeing this color in Technic after many elements for the plants and flowers.

It's a nice wish, but if the Classic Defender in System form was not made in dark green, then there is little reason to recolor so many Technic elements this time. Besides, it's a difficult color for LEGO to produce consistently and I don't think they want to repeat the Sian fiasco all over again. My bet is black or dbg because white would be just dumb (due to the yellowing issue).

Edited by R0Sch

34 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

white would be just dumb (due to the yellowing issue).

TLG has never shown that they are concerned about the yellowing issue.

39 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

black or dbg

I guess for a more friendly color, and again dbg after 42129 Mercedes seems to boring. Maybe its regular lime green.

4 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Or we have the great and nice looking Neon Yellow to use!  :sarcasm_smug:

9 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I love it as an accent colour, but as a main colour...

friends-oh-my-eyes-my-eyes.gif

Posted (edited)

Yellow or LBG will looks good too.

115.jpg

3oeOYmqE-BR3cLwV2bi-(edit).jpg?t=1648665

Edited by msk6003

58 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Yellow or LBG will looks good too.

That yellow would look cool, and I can see the Volvo fenders reused there :D

But I actually see these vibrant colors appear on the lifted 4x4 Squared version mostly, and I don't think we'd get that, more like a street version, which seems to use simpler colors. Or a crossover between the two versions.. The street version often looks somewhat boring to me.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Don't joke with that, I do see a chance of that happening..

31 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Don't joke with that, I do see a chance of that happening..

Well, in that color the set would literally jump off the shelves as you see it :grin:

Wonder if the EC230 is gonna come with an external power recharge unit? Maybe not something on the magnitude of the one presented here, but possibly a generator of some kind. It could be carried by the truck.

volvo-feature-crawler-excavator-ec230-el

Wonder why we still don't have any pics od summer sets.

36 minutes ago, KLF said:

It's early yet. Last year we didn't get them until it was actually summer.

46 minutes ago, KLF said:

9 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

It's early yet. Last year we didn't get them until it was actually summer.

Not only that, but what keeps me wondering is why the rumoured 1:8 McLaren gets released in August? At previous models it was June.

2 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Not only that, but what keeps me wondering is why the rumoured 1:8 McLaren gets released in August? At previous models it was June.

Perhaps the source meant when it would be available from resellers? Because those previous models were exclusive to TLG until August.

24 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Perhaps the source meant when it would be available from resellers? Because those previous models were exclusive to TLG until August.

You're probably right, I totally forgot about that!:grin: Also, I wouldn't be that surprised, if we got a yet-unveiled set in October, so as to keep it in line with some themes' autumn releases

On 3/13/2024 at 7:56 AM, AVCampos said:

That's by beef with the Defender and also 42069's purple, NXT's VLBG and 42099's bright orange, plus the Fifty Shades Of Blue of 2017.

However, I confess I'm a bit hypocritical in liking vibrant yellow, due to my wish to build a Technic MOC in M:Tron colours some time.

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping for more Olive green. That way LEGO can expand the number of parts available in that color :pir_tong2:

On 3/26/2024 at 3:20 PM, damian_kane_iv said:

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping for more Olive green. That way LEGO can expand the number of parts available in that color :pir_tong2:

We don't know what colour the Volvo FMX is going to be yet, so think olive.

Posted (edited)

One color that might work well for a G-Class (and that exists on the real thing) would be tan. We haven't really seen that as a color on Technic before AFAIK and certainly never on a large vehicle.

My gut says the big McLaren will be orange and that it will include at least some of the parts that were recolored for the just-released orange Lamborghini recolor.

Edited by jonwil

Actually, we've been getting tan Technic parts, but only usually in pallets for forklifts. But indeed tan as a main body colour for a model hasn't been done yet.