11 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@allanp I wouldn't build complicated theories on a few words from his video just yet. The guy shares leaks, mostly from retailers I assume since they get information in advance, so we don't even know if LEGO had any real claims there. I highly doubt TLG will give us anything more powerful than buggy motors, honestly I would be very surprised if we see any new hardware components for the Powered Up / Control+ system at this point.

I'd also be surprised. It feels like they abandoned it a couple years ago TBH. But yeah, it would be nice to know where brick clicker heard this original claim before getting our hopes up.

20 minutes ago, allanp said:

To be fair, I'm only going of a comment I heard in brick clickers video so I should probably wait to hear this claim from Lego myself, but to me, power is not just speed as power is equal to speed multiplied by torque. They'll need new motors for that, and a beefier power supply as the motor driver chips used in the current smart hubs are pretty weak. And the most powerful "yet" also implies most powerful of all time, not just control+ era. So the way it's worded in the brick clicker video makes this a very bold claim, more powerful than the twin buggy motor RCs of the early 2000s. Does anyone know where brick clicker might have got his information from so we can see for ourselves what Lego is actually claiming here?

To be honest, I would not have high hopes here. I guess we can't even know what that phrase refers to; the lego model or the real car it's made after? We've seen such vague marketing phrases, for example it could just be like in the case of the electric garbage truck, that it's the real thing that's electric, not that the lego version is motorized.

I agree that it sound unlikely to get any new motors..

59 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

What? No Flagship Construction Vehicle this year? What would be the Flagship? Is All the Information for 2024 sets already revealed ?

42183 is still missing so there is a tiny hope left

Another set that piques my interest is the 18+ water vehicle set. Since it's 18+ it's most likely to be licensed, but I cant really think of any popular ship or watercraft brand. Maybe Maersk?

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Does anyone know where brick clicker might have got his information from so we can see for ourselves what Lego is actually claiming here?

Maybe Spielwarenmesse? It is going on right now;  Jan 30 - Feb 3.

34 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Another set that piques my interest is the 18+ water vehicle set. Since it's 18+ it's most likely to be licensed, but I cant really think of any popular ship or watercraft brand. Maybe Maersk?

Lamborghini 63 speedboat with two V12 engines

Edited by Oh_Hi_Mao

56 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There are leaks that this will be water transport? Didn't find any mention of this? Are you talking about dial 42177?

56 minutes ago, Ksen48 said:

There are leaks that this will be water transport? Didn't find any mention of this? Are you talking about dial 42177?

42174 18+ Water Vehicle $119.99

McLaren makes sense, I think. The purple connector in the Ninjago set seems a hint towards a purple-coloured set and purple was the release colour of the McLaren

10 hours ago, Seasider said:

A G Wagon would be good. But I’d personally love it if it was a Jimny … but Lego doesn’t do many Japanese cars.

Maybe Lego will surprise us with one of those new Hypercar SUV (Purosangue, Urus, etc)

I don't care much about which supercar model or colour is chosen (just don't repeat the previous cars' models/colours, please), but instead hope to see a evolution in features: we're yet to see the return of raising suspension (since 8297) and four-wheel steering (since 8880), for example.

I think it's also safe to assume that the gearbox will be new, using the elements introduced in the Yamaha bike.

We don't know the colour of the UCS car yet but I am not a fan of purple at all. But, if it comes with a new, much more realistic gearbox then it can be purple for all I care! I wonder if it would ever be possible to get a metallic colour again, like 8466 or the silver champion. A metallic deep green, metallic dark red, metallic dark blue or gun metal grey would be amazing! While a regular purple wouldn't look good IMHO, a metallic dark, like really dark purple could be very good.

eb9239d063e2cd182039e750e6831eb7.jpg

13 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I don't care much about which supercar model or colour is chosen (just don't repeat the previous cars' models/colours, please), but instead hope to see a evolution in features: we're yet to see the return of raising suspension (since 8297) and four-wheel steering (since 8880), for example.

I think it's also safe to assume that the gearbox will be new, using the elements introduced in the Yamaha bike.

I guess that depends on if the real car has them, although didn't the real GT3RS have 4 wheel steering? We have still yet to see some good handling improvements, such as more realistic suspension geometry and good feeling steering. The much older technic cars from the 80's, with their 8 tooth pinion gears and longer steering arms with Ackermann geometry had great feeling steering even without a HOG, but all these newer cars have very heavy and spongy feeling steering, it feels like a wet noodle in comparison.

Edited by allanp

I dont think that just a purple recolor for the new connector is reason enough to see the next Hypercar in purple. TLG did some strange and random recolors for connectors in the past and If so, cant Imagine that this connector is heavily used in the outer skin of a car. Purple isnt a good match here and looks totally ugly together with all blue pins. Cant Imagine that the wider audience who pays alot of Money wants that color and its not really welcome for the main market

9 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I dont think that just a purple recolor for the new connector is reason enough to see the next Hypercar in purple. TLG did some strange and random recolors for connectors in the past and If so, cant Imagine that this connector is heavily used in the outer skin of a car. Purple isnt a good match here and looks totally ugly together with all blue pins. Cant Imagine that the wider audience who pays alot of Money wants that color and its not really welcome for the main market

Not so sure about that; when the Porsche came out, we suddenly got some connectors in orange in non-Technic sets as well.

I would be super happy with a purple car, was waiting for a bigger purple release since 42069 :) Even though that set looked partially purple, it only had like 3 type of beams and a handful of panels in that color. 

Orange would be the classic McLaren colour, but I'd prefer the more yellow flame yellow orange as something vibrant. Purple would be good too, and another fairly common McLaren colour.

+1 for the request of more variety on the build internals compared to previous models.

35 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I would be super happy with a purple car, was waiting for a bigger purple release since 42069 :) Even though that set looked partially purple, it only had like 3 type of beams and a handful of panels in that color. 

Agreed. And I think purple adds a nice variety to the line-up. Orange...not so much.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Orange would be the classic McLaren colour, but I'd prefer the more yellow flame yellow orange as something vibrant. Purple would be good too, and another fairly common McLaren colour.

+1 for the request of more variety on the build internals compared to previous models.

As yellow is my favorite color, I've been waiting for a yellow or yellow-orange 1:8 car and I hope they do it!

2 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Purple isnt a good match here and looks totally ugly together with all blue pins.

And so does yellow, orange, red, lime, black, white and basically every color except for the shades of blue. But its not like LEGO cares. 

I personally would love to see a purple car, it would add a nice variety to everything. I can easily change the pins to black myself. 

+1 for a large variety of parts coming in purple, it could be a cool color if there were many parts available. I think it also combinse well with black and DBG as an accent color.

Could the new dark orange colour we are seeing across the 2024 system sets be something introduced for an upcoming 1:8 McLaren?

2 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Could the new dark orange colour we are seeing across the 2024 system sets be something introduced for an upcoming 1:8 McLaren?

We'll have to wait and see how different it is from the Porsche orange. It could be

6 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

I was wondering about that colour for the orange Huracán recolour, as the new space sets have 11L beams and #5/#6/#9/#10 panels visible, plus a few unclear from photos (32316 5L beam probably, 80286 is more likely red), so it's not like they're limiting the new colour to a few tiles and the modular doorframe part.  They definitely make the actual car available in shades similar to both oranges.