Just now, LvdH said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a McLaren. I hope it's not the 750s though. It's not exactly the most exclusive model, being almost exactly the same as the 720s from 7 years ago.
It's a nice car, but I would prefer something far more exotic. Something in the same class and price range of a P1 or a Senna.

But the 750S has 30Nm and 30HP more than the 720S making it "the most powerful series production McLaren supercar ever". And you know LEGO is a sucker for superlatives.  :)

Depends upon when TLG / McLaren agreed on the car. Cars take 2-4years to design and develop (I work in the industry) and so we may want to consider something that’s been out at least a year especially when we consider past sets.

911 - 2016 set - 2015 car

Chiron - 2018 set - 2016 car

Sian - 2020 set - 2019 car

SP3 - 2022 set - 2021 car

McLaren - 2024 set - 2023 car?

So could be the Artura ?

A lot of cars then... no problem if they will bring us more mini panels in new colors... 

The only one I'm interested is the Volvo set. And at a reasonable price tag.

@Seasider the Daytona was revealed in November 2021, the 750s was revealed last April, so it can easily be that model.

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

@Seasider the Daytona was revealed in November 2021, the 750s was revealed last April, so it can easily be that model.

Thanks I was going off Brickset dates for the sets. Yes 750S or Artura are obvious choices. I was thinking Artura as the 750S is old school and seen as a stop gap whereas Artura is new tech.

Id prefer it to be a limited volume model and something we’ve not had in Lego before, so I’ve ruled out Solus, Senna and Elva … which brings me back to the Speedtail

13 minutes ago, mpj said:

The only one I'm interested is the Volvo set. And at a reasonable price tag.

The price is indeed excellent value. And to think a real EC230 costs thrice as much as a standard EC220E!

Glad its a koenigseggseggseggsegg, i hope we get a pagani in 2 years and a mclaren in 4 years

Edited by SNIPE

The truck and excavator is the only set that interests me.  

Cars are good for body panels, so it’ll be interesting to see what new panels or panels in new colors appear.

I was kinda hoping we would see an Aston Martin Valkyre, which I find far more interesting than a McLaren.  Nonetheless, I’m excited to see what new parts appear.  

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Honestly I would rather have a Solus than a 750S, as its frankly just a facelifted 720S. (Charbel made a 1:8 720S a few years back)

Nonetheless I think whatever it ends up being it'll be great. I'm curious though about how the rumors of the car being purple started. If the car is going to be a 750S it'll likely be orange as that's what the press photos show it as, and the past 1:8 cars have always been in press photo colors (AKA the first color you see on a car when it is unveiled).

What's curious is that the next 4x4 does not come with the RC or C+ tag, while its predecessors (42099, 42129) do.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What's curious is that the next 4x4 does not come with the RC or C+ tag, while its predecessors (42099, 42129) do.

Might be a successor to the Defender?

I wish LEGO would just make a C+ upgrade pack like they did with power functions, and just have easy optional instructions on how to motorise the set. It would apply no non technic sets too. They sort of did that with the first roller coaster set but with powered up (i.e made a designated spot which was obviously intended to hold a motor unit) so I think they can do it with C+.

It was a good way to "beast up" a *maybe* slightly boring set, for example the 42038 arctic truck.

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

A G Wagon would be good. But I’d personally love it if it was a Jimny … but Lego doesn’t do many Japanese cars.

Maybe it's a Dodge Ram or similar large American pickup truck, or the classic Defender? 

Somehow this list doesn't satisfy me in terms of including a 'true' flagship model. Yes, apart from the 1:8 car the most expensive set is the 4x4 vehicle, but at least it has to have a Powered up component for that $250 price, like in 8297, and some advanced mechanism not just the same boring moving pistons and openable doors.

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

I think Moon Rover will be Control+ replacement for zetros, and yes 4x4 should be non powered vehicle perhaps with new gearbox parts.

Bronco would do the job as successor for Defender. Too bad we won't get flagship Control+ construction vehicle (replacement for CAT D11). 

12 hours ago, allanp said:

42176 Porsche gt4 e-performance race car 838 pieces 170 dollars "promising to be the most powerful one yet"

And another another car. Most powerful one yet? I mean, we had a buggy with 2 buggy motors, is it more powerful than that? More powerful than two buggy motors? Hey Lego, is it more powerful than 2 buggy motors?

I guess we are talking about the Control+ era, it is not that difficult to be the fastest or most powerful here :) 

Also, I don't think power really matters with a race car that supposed to run on flat surfaces indoors, I guess it's more about speed. The "fastest" C+ vehicle is the 42124 Off-Road buggy currently that only has a single L motor. If they keep the weight down, use 2 L motors and street tires, the car can easily be faster than the buggy. 

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

A G Wagon would be good. But I’d personally love it if it was a Jimny … but Lego doesn’t do many Japanese cars.

Perhaps 2024 Ford Explorer?

1 hour ago, Oh_Hi_Mao said:

Too bad we won't get flagship Control+ construction vehicle (replacement for CAT D11). 

What? No Flagship Construction Vehicle this year? What would be the Flagship? Is All the Information for 2024 sets already revealed ?

If there's no C+ flagship, could it be the case that TLG has finally run out of ideas for C+ flagships? Perhaps we can see a return to the regular type of flagships with just motors, like 42082.

It can also be the case that the lineup this year is crowded already, so realizing a C+ flagship every two year wouldn't hurt anyone.

It can also be the case that the next flagship requires 2 year of development and is gonna cost 700 bucks.

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

I'm also curious about the upcoming 4x4 and was thinking the same, that if it's not RC, it should be something like the Defender was. I guess also that with the 18+ label it's most likely not RC? But for that, the price tag seems to be a bit too high. Was the defender something like 180 Euros? Anyways, in case of a manual 4x4 with that many pieces, I hope they focus on something else than a gearbox (leave that to the supercar); rather make some interesting suspension.

Edited by gyenesvi

Just now, gyenesvi said:

Anyways, in case, of a manual 4x4 with that many pieces, I hope they focus on something else than a gearbox (leave that to the supercar); rather make some interesting suspension.

When it comes to a 4x4 to me nothing beats your Jeep Wrangler.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

I guess we are talking about the Control+ era, it is not that difficult to be the fastest or most powerful here :) 

Also, I don't think power really matters with a race car that supposed to run on flat surfaces indoors, I guess it's more about speed. The "fastest" C+ vehicle is the 42124 Off-Road buggy currently that only has a single L motor. If they keep the weight down, use 2 L motors and street tires, the car can easily be faster than the buggy. 

To be fair, I'm only going of a comment I heard in brick clickers video so I should probably wait to hear this claim from Lego myself, but to me, power is not just speed as power is equal to speed multiplied by torque. They'll need new motors for that, and a beefier power supply as the motor driver chips used in the current smart hubs are pretty weak. And the most powerful "yet" also implies most powerful of all time, not just control+ era. So the way it's worded in the brick clicker video makes this a very bold claim, more powerful than the twin buggy motor RCs of the early 2000s. Does anyone know where brick clicker might have got his information from so we can see for ourselves what Lego is actually claiming here?

@allanp I wouldn't build complicated theories on a few words from his video just yet. The guy shares leaks, mostly from retailers I assume since they get information in advance, so we don't even know if LEGO had any real claims there. I highly doubt TLG will give us anything more powerful than buggy motors, honestly I would be very surprised if we see any new hardware components for the Powered Up / Control+ system at this point.

10 minutes ago, kbalage said:

honestly I would be very surprised if we see any new hardware components for the Powered Up / Control+ system at this point.

Hopefully the sound brick in the Sorting Hat can connect to other LEGO electronics?