I really like 42179, "Planet Earth and Moon in Orbit". The various licensed cars and motorbikes currently on offer do little for me personally, I'd like to see more sets in this vein. A weight driven clock springs to mind. 

The other space sets are pretty nice too.

If you go on YouTube, many videos showing the first looks of the January 2023 sets were published on December 2nd, 2022. So there's hope.

Images out for january wave, looks a bit underwhelming after yesterday’s march previews.

Edit: on second thought they are quite good besides the pullback.

Edited by Danke

2 minutes ago, Danke said:

Images out for january wave, looks a bit underwhelming after yesterday’s march previews.

Where ?

42 minutes ago, Danke said:

luckybricks on instagram

Thanks! The Mack seems quite playable, with steering, a loading system (and the included recycling bin) and a dumping bed.

If the modules in the technic space sets are supposed to be connectable to the modules of the city space sets, does it mean that the technic space sets are supposed to be at minifig scale too?

32 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

If the modules in the technic space sets are supposed to be connectable to the modules of the city space sets, does it mean that the technic space sets are supposed to be at minifig scale too?

Hmm maybe in the distant future the human civilization will split into the bigger drivers and the smaller researches, when I look at the 42180...?

10 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Hmm maybe in the distant future the human civilization will split into the bigger drivers and the smaller researches, when I look at the 42180...?

Adults drive, kids go scouting :)

The January wave looks very poor in terms of design. Nothing to compare with the small sets of January 2023.

The Mack is the best but the cab design is very crude. The JD is a city set.

In general I was expecting for some recolors of the small panels but it looks we only have DBG as a new color in the bike. Still no white. Disappointed 😞 

Damn after seeing the January leaks too, the Technic B model is officially dead, even in the 10 euro bulldozer. I'm so done with modern Technic. At least I'll save money to spend on vintage sets.

Perhaps the space line, thanks to its colors, will give life to the McLaren UCS 2024.

The second wave seems, at least to me, less exciting than the 1st wave. :sceptic:

42163 is quite nice as a starter set for young kids and it reminds of the 9391's B model (9391 was one of my first Technic sets, if not the first). 42163 looks much better.

42164 is... I dunno. But the lime is awesome!

42166 as a pull back is cool, I'm in love with the pull back line but why another licensed car? 

42167 feels like a city set (well, the age is 8+ so obviously lol) It would go well as a pack with 42163. Actually quite a good looking and functioning truck, we definitely need more garbage trucks in the Technic line.

42168 is nice, bonus points for combine harvesters!

Now... why almost [if not all of] the entire line is tiny sets? Where are the big sets [if any are to be released this year]? Also RIP B-models. 

Thank you for reading my unprofessional yet opinionated talk. 

14 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

NO B-MODELS.

I'm out.

Yeah! Wtf? Not even the 10$ bulldozer?! Or is this the consequence of not increasing the price that we lose the B-model?

Gotta say, I love the "Crossover" between Technic and City, releasing the same theme. I definitely feel the urge to collect them all and keep them as a separate collection.

TLG is basically releasing a classic space like theme, which I have been dreaming about for years. And on top of that, they are releasing some Technic sets to go along. I'm loving it.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I definitely feel the urge to collect them all and keep them as a separate collection.

And perhaps whip up a review or two along the way? :laugh:

Seems like there is no new parts in next 2024 sets. Only have new colored parts.

Am I wrong?

15 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

3 x 2 x 13 curved tapered panel

Oh I missed that. But without that?

Edited by msk6003

3 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Oh I missed that. But without that?

The sun and earth domes? The smaller ones are also used on the big rover.

The motorcycle windshield.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Gotta say, I love the "Crossover" between Technic and City, releasing the same theme. I definitely feel the urge to collect them all and keep them as a separate collection.

TLG is basically releasing a classic space like theme, which I have been dreaming about for years. And on top of that, they are releasing some Technic sets to go along. I'm loving it.

Then you also have to collect the friends and creator 3-in-1 Sets, though ;). And very likely the Second CMF in 2024 too - and wouldn´t wonder if the Icons sets aswell ;)

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And perhaps whip up a review or two along the way? :laugh:

Hmmmmm....interesting thought :thumbup: :sweet: