Mandalorianknight

Dune 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 7/29/2023 at 7:42 PM, Pop Star c o said:

But why make only one set, even an Icons one? It literally makes no sense! There's literally no other theme that's more suite for a full wave. They even made a full wave out of the Avatar movies.

It makes sense for a fairly niche, mainly adult aimed franchise. Do one expensive set well, rather than 4-5 small sets aimed at kids that don't hit the spot for adults and are of no interest to kids.

19 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Unlikely; both Blade Runner movies are rated R (Dune is PG-13). 🫤

Good point. A boy can dream though….

Super hyped for this set but the same website who reported the new ninjago and Star Wars news say that the thopter is pushed back to February to coincide with the movies delay release. Likely to be a singe set, like the horizon zero dawn set, although looks like that could be getting a sequel so who knows?

10327 Atreides Royal Ornithopter / 1369 Pieces / $164.99 / Release February 2024 
Minifigs: Paul, Lady Jessica, Gurney, Chani, Duke Leto, Kynes, Duncan, and Baron Harkonnen in a long robe. 

Holy shit that Minifig lineup!! PPP is not great, but eight Minifigs (basically all major characters) is amazing! This sort of rules out any followup sets, though, aside from maybe some battle packs. 🫤

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This sort of rules out any followup sets, though, aside from maybe some battle packs. 🫤

I highly doubt Lego would do Battlepacks for a one set theme. ;)  Or any theme really they don´t make several playsets for.

Just now, Black Falcon said:

I highly doubt Lego would do Battlepacks for a one set theme. ;)  Or any theme really they don´t make several playsets for.

I agree with you; I meant that by giving us all of the main characters in a single set, the only Minifigs left to include in followups would be variants and generic soldiers. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

10327 Atreides Royal Ornithopter / 1369 Pieces / $164.99 / Release February 2024 
Minifigs: Paul, Lady Jessica, Gurney, Chani, Duke Leto, Kynes, Duncan, and Baron Harkonnen in a long robe. 

Holy shit that Minifig lineup!! PPP is not great, but eight Minifigs (basically all major characters) is amazing! This sort of rules out any followup sets, though, aside from maybe some battle packs. 🫤

Absolutely incredible. My only wish is we got Stilgar instead of Kynes, but this is double the amount of minifigures I was expecting and truly incredible. I'm very excited to purchase this set. The spice must flow!

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree with you; I meant that by giving us all of the main characters in a single set, the only Minifigs left to include in followups would be variants and generic soldiers. 

Stilgar!

Pics are on insta. 

I don’t think its bad, but I don’t really like it. To much visible studs and technic. Also the figures, besides the suits, are kinda plain. 

Love it :wub: The build is really cool, but those minifigs :grin_wub: Everybody gets new faceprints, then there‘s the pearl gold hood, and even a new hairpiece for Duncan!!

Not sure what annoys me more now, that the movie has been delayed, or this set :laugh: Already pre-ordered it!

Immediate pre-order. I am so excited. Dune is an excellent movie and this is like the perfect Dune set. I have two complaints:

Paul's face print isn't doing it for me. It's not terrible, just compared to all the others, I dunno.

The red axles and blue pins. Really hitting us with the bionicle flaws.

Everything else is perfect.

This should be it's own theme, I want house battle packs. Let's hope this sells incredibly well so we can get a full theme.

This looks really good!! I am not fond of the glaring (and improperly-coloured) Technic bits or the lack of an interior aside from the cockpit, though. It seems like LEGO hit a weird midpoint between playscale and UCS with this set. 
The Minifigs look great, though I do wish that Kynes had gotten a lighter stillsuit (also, her hair is way too long; Mateo’s hair would be better for her). 

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Paul's face print isn't doing it for me. It's not terrible, just compared to all the others, I dunno.

It is the cheekbones. Also, I am not sure why Paul even got a new head (unless the reverse has blue eyes), since he can easily reuse an existing one. 

Mike Psiaki said it's 1:35 scale, so that's pretty much perfect true minifig scale, as opposed to minifig playscale.

1 hour ago, VincentLord said:

Is it just me, or did they base Paul Atreides off Kyle MacLachlan from the 1984 film instead of Chalamet?

I think so, actually! Dark green uniform (instead of black), cheek bone printing (making his face look more square), and Anakin’s hair (instead of Timothee’s BTS-style hair). 
616da2ae41af0d00193f192f?width=1300&form

Closer looks at the Minifigs are out: Kynes and Chani have alternate mask printing, Leto and Duncan have smiles/smirks (which suit them, IMO), and Paul just has a slight frown - No blue eyes even. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am extremely happy that they gave us the House Atreides uniform and armour in addition to the stillsuits; it would have been easy to just reuse the same printing for all/most of the characters, but this allows us to make different variants of the characters! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

It looks very good, but I have the impression that the main body with the mechanism is too big in relation to the transparent cockpit or the wings. I'll try and downscale that part and make the landing mechanism more solid, like in various source pictures.

Honestly getting a Lego set is something that sometimes makes me more interested in something, so I might have watch Dune now, I mean it was always on the list to get to eventually.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

even a new hairpiece for Duncan!!

Haven't seen the back properly yet, but might have add that to list of hair parts that look like my hair, along with the frodo hair, Mirabell hair, and BVS Superman hair.

The front canopy piece is a new mould! I thought that it was this, but it is actually a new, more angular, part! 

1 hour ago, icm said:

Mike Psiaki said it's 1:35 scale, so that's pretty much perfect true minifig scale, as opposed to minifig playscale.

It seems a bit small; the cockpit can only seat two, instead of five. 

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

even a new hairpiece for Duncan!!

His hair is just Tiana’s recoloured. 

At first glance the fuselage design looked a bit underwhelming or unfinished...until I watched the designer's video.  This vehicle is so packed with functions, I'm giving everything else a pass.  It looks like a great platform for modifying if I decide it necessary.  Pre-ordered...and I'll likely end up with multiple copies.

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Closer looks at the Minifigs are out: Kynes and Chani have alternate mask printing, Leto and Duncan have smiles/smirks (which suit them, IMO), and Paul just has a slight frown - No blue eyes even. 

Where are you seeing pics with these alt faces?