For this contest I wanted to make something unique, LEGO already reintroduced Pirates with 21322 and now Imperial Guards with 10320 so we needed a 3rd faction. The Islanders, and what better set to remake than 6278/6292 Enchanted Island. This set has 1398 parts 8 minifigures (7 of them have new exclusive prints). I tried to keep as much of the original while using new parts and techniques.Enchanted-Island-box-art-v3-fix.jpgEnchanted-Island-v3.jpgEnchanted-Island-small-island-v3.jpgEnchanted-Island-back-v3.jpgEnchanted-Island-cave-v3.jpgEnchanted-Island-totem-v3.jpg

k4VAxst.jpg

GepTZeB.jpg

Ii4GKsQ.jpg

emz5kUT.jpg

ZfNequi.jpg

aUOvQuv.jpg

cDQ9zyO.jpg

Enchanted-Island-360-v3.gif

(my first version)

Spoiler

Enchanted-Island-box-art.jpgEnchanted-Island.jpgEnchanted-Island-small-island.jpgEnchanted-Island-back.jpgEnchanted-Island-cave.jpgEnchanted-Island-totem.jpgEnchanted-Island-cage.jpgEnchanted-Island-crocodile.jpgEnchanted-Island-pirate-boat.jpgEnchanted-Island-islander-boat.jpgEnchanted-Island-minifigs.jpgEnchanted-Island-minifigs-no-acesories.jEnchanted-Island-minifigs-back.jpgEnchanted-Island-360.gif

Edited by Danny_Boy4

This looks amazing, I loved Islanders but couldn't afford this set as a kid. I had every other Islanders set and dreampt abiut having Enchanted Island. This set looks so good in contemporary colours and pieces.

The best thing about Islanders is there is so much colour, and you've really captured that here. The updated statue/head looks really good, you should be proud of it. The bridge must have been hard to do digitally but looks great. I like the floating/disconnected island. Allows more playability. 

Here are my nitpicks/suggestions:

• A bit more red on the other tower maybe, just a touch more colour.
  • More foliage or something between the tiki statue and tower piece. It's just a bit bare and I think an official set would have something there. Fire for cooking maybe?
  • In the same vein, under the bridge a bit of variation in the level of green plates would be good. Maybe even put water there and have the bridge span across two islands.
  • Try and squeeze some play features in somewhere. Under the large rocky area I feel you squeeze in some technic functions for some playability. 

This set would be an instant buy for me, though I don't think lego would release any Islanders sets.

Wonderful moc all around! I love that small island, little waterfall, the moai statue and the drum. I think you could really seperate the big island and have water below the bridge like @LetsBrick suggested :thumbup:

Jesus Chrysler, how are we supposed to compete with such magnificence? The sheer scale, the rendering, the custom prints and sails! I think we already have a clear winner. It was a fun contet y'all, but @Danny_Boy4 here has beat us all, even before the start of voting. It's already over, I give up.

Edited by Eggyslav

46 minutes ago, LetsBrick said:

This looks amazing, I loved Islanders but couldn't afford this set as a kid. I had every other Islanders set and dreampt abiut having Enchanted Island. This set looks so good in contemporary colours and pieces.

The best thing about Islanders is there is so much colour, and you've really captured that here. The updated statue/head looks really good, you should be proud of it. The bridge must have been hard to do digitally but looks great. I like the floating/disconnected island. Allows more playability. 

Here are my nitpicks/suggestions:

• A bit more red on the other tower maybe, just a touch more colour.
  • More foliage or something between the tiki statue and tower piece. It's just a bit bare and I think an official set would have something there. Fire for cooking maybe?
  • In the same vein, under the bridge a bit of variation in the level of green plates would be good. Maybe even put water there and have the bridge span across two islands.
  • Try and squeeze some play features in somewhere. Under the large rocky area I feel you squeeze in some technic functions for some playability. 

This set would be an instant buy for me, though I don't think lego would release any Islanders sets.

Thanks for the suggestions. I might try to add some. the bridge was not that hard i just copied the one in ewok village. the reason the tower dosen't have red is becase the original set didn't

39 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wonderful moc all around! I love that small island, little waterfall, the moai statue and the drum. I think you could really seperate the big island and have water below the bridge like @LetsBrick suggested :thumbup:

Thanks, I think I will seperate the island.

39 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

Jesus Chrysler, how are we supposed to compete with such magnificence? The sheer scale, the rendering, the custom prints and sails! I think we already have a clear winner. It was a fun contet y'all, but @Danny_Boy4 here has beat us all, even before the start of voting. It's already over, I give up.

Thank you. The sails are not really custom they are the same as the original i just tweaked the shape a bit. Don't give up most of the fun is in the building and not the winning anyways!

3 hours ago, Danny_Boy4 said:

This set has 1318 parts 8 minifigures (7 of them have new exclusive prints).

Those custom print designs make me wanna cry off joy :pir-cry_happy: Imagine we had something like your take on Captain Ironhook in 10320 in place of some generic pirate figure — dang, TLG did miss an opportunity BIG time there. The modern King Kahuka is excellent, same goes to the rest of the Islanders figures :pir-stareyes: I believe we've had only a couple of female Islanders back in the day for a whole line up, and to have 3 of them with new prints & some exclusive hair moulds in a SINGLE set — that would've been a blessing if provided by TLG :pir-sweet:

3 hours ago, Danny_Boy4 said:

I tried to keep as much of the original while using new parts and techniques. I kept the black wood to match with 10320 and 40567...

Frankly, I prefer when the original ideas are being expanded on instead of simply being copied brick to brick. The way you've handled swapping the pre-moulded baseplate in favour of the fully brick built foundation is admirable & honestly looks cool, but as been mentioned earlier — there's more to be desired in the playability department, and I personally would love to see some new exclusive features & easter eggs added maybe. So far it looks too much in line with the way 10320 & 40567 were designed, which for me is not a good signal (even tho you've done a stellar job with the minifigs :pir-thumb:). Perhaps try to hide something inside the rocks or make their insides usable & reachable for minifigs, cuz I tell ya: if there's one set to highly benefit from a deep and thought-out cave system — it's indeed the Enchanted Island :pir-wink:

Also, can I suggest editing your photos and making them lighter - they are awfully dark

Sadly I never owned the Enchanted Island. I don't own a lot of Islanders to begin with. Still I'm quite familar with the set and I think it's very good.

Your entry uses the new Eldorado Fortress approach more than any of the other entries I've seen. What I mean is, it is quite similar to the original while using modern parts, colours, etc. And in that respect you've made an excellent job.

As far as possible improvements go, I would not place the small waterfall in the corner. The way it is now, it doesn't look realistic. Water doesn't flow like that.

Also, there are some large green flat surfaces, especially under the bridge and nearby. You could add some plants or maybe small hills there to make it look more appealing.

But I like both of your boats a lot! :)

Anyway, it's still very good. Definitely could pass as a modern recreation of the set, and I would probably buy it. :)

It has been a lot of fun viewing this contest and all the submissions, but this one in particular is incredibly jaw-dropping for me. I would purchase this so quickly if it were ever a thing... Amazing job with the colors and shaping, and the re-designs for the figures -- INCREDIBLE. You can tell love and soul was put into this remake and it immediately kicks my nostalgia into high gear. Well done! :pir-huzzah2:

Well there is no reason for me to update my entry anymore lol, this is just absolutely amazing sir! :pir-love:

You nailed every aspect of this contest and the idea of building for a different faction was a genius move, hats off to you cause I'm pretty sure you're taking the fortress with ya! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by _R_R_

9 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

It's a horrible feeling, knowing you can't win, isn't it? I tried not to think about it, I tried to enjoy the contest, and be happy for anyone who wins. BUT I CAN'T. There will be no second or third place, there will be no consolation, only one will take the prize, and others will be left out. We have already lost, and will come out empty handed. I'm so envious and bitter, even though I don't want to be. I hate this feeling but can't stop it, which then drives the downward spiral of anguish and self-loathing. It's not fair, it's not fair, IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

I can't say I feel the same way because I never had any illusions about winning, it just became a fun little thing to participate in with my entry, I might update it just because I'm done with it anyway, I'm sure there will be more entries showing up that rival this one, but the whole concept and idea I think is just genius.

Well, I had high hopes of winning, and I was pretty confident with my entries (which is super rare due to my low self esteem). I was pretty proud of myself, and even made place on my shelf for Eldorado Fortress. I really, really, REALLY want that set, but I could never afford it, and winning it would be a perfect Birthday present for me. But now my pride and confiddence are destroyed. My dreams shattered. My self-esteem lower than ever, and I just want to cry. I will never win, I'll never be good enough to ammount to anything. I'm a stupid naive loser, and I hate myself, my life and this rotten world, that always takes everything from me.

Edited by Eggyslav

1 minute ago, Eggyslav said:

Well, I had high hopes of winning, and I was pretty confident with my entries (which is super rare due to my low self esteem). I was pretty proud of myself, and even made place on my shelf for Eldorado Fortress. I really, really, REALLY want that set, but I could never afford it, and winning it would be a perfect Birthday present for me. But now my pride and confiddence are destroyed. My dreams shattered. My self-esteem lower than ever, and I just want to cry. I will never win, I'll never be good enough to ammount to anything. I'm a stupid naive loser, and I hate myself.

We will all be losers when we are in the ground and our sets are parted out and donated or sold in batches. :pir-huzzah1:

Wow, this is an incredible build! I am a big fan of the islanders and love what you have done with this. My favourite part is definitely the wonderful updated minifigs, they would fit in perfectly with Barracuda Bay and Eldorado Fortress. One thing I might suggest would be detailing the right building a bit more, since it is a little bit plain. 

1 hour ago, _R_R_ said:

We will all be losers...

Nope — you just gotta put the instructions for your builds on Rebrickable for a reasonable price :pir-wink:

Wonderful update! I was hoping I would see an Islander set updated! It's instantly recognizable! My favorite little detail is how you didn't forgot the little waterfall that was printed on the raised baseplate, it looks perfect.

As a couple others mention, putting water under the bridge would be an improvement, it's really one thing that the set should have had, but was limited by the baseplates used.

EKnight

UPDATE

Since everybody asked for it I seperated the island and i think it looks way better now. I also added an extra tree, rock and drum on the right side and a cage in the statue which I forgot to add from the original set. (added images in the entry)

This is jaw-dropping, definitely one of the best builds in this contest so far.  An excellent update to a classic set, and while Lego wouldn't release this, it sure does feel like something they'd make.

Look, it's hard to find flaws here, but I'm going to try anyway:

• The two islands aren't connected, but there's a bridge between them.  That's awkward for stability, makes this impossible to move, and it'll make it hard to display with the bridge at the angle you want.
  • You've got a nice thick base with plenty of room for a solid palm tree base, but you've used a 2x2 round brick as the base of the palm tree.
  • There's a lot of open flat green spaces in the bottom areas, especially when viewed from the back.  I am not recommending filling them with vegetation, that would look cluttered, but see if you can either vary the height, or add a few more rocks, or perhaps some animals crawling around.  Just anything to mix it up a bit.
  • This uses the older-style palm tree leaves, when newer style ones, or a combination of the two, might be more fitting.  Especially when used as roofs.
  • There's a mix of black and brown used as tree trunks; that's not something I feel would appear in an official set.
  • Why not use a single long ladder (which does come in reddish brown) instead of two short ladders that don't connect?  And is there any kind of lookout post or something at the top of that structure that the ladders go to?
  • The design of the rocks seems to be a mix of light bluish gray and dark bluish gray.  IMHO it would look better with DBG on the bottom, and LBG accents on the top.
  • Use of part 41748 (6x2 rounded wedge) for the outrigger (I guess I should say ama in this context) would be smoother and more modern looking.
  • There's a tan 1x1 round brick with a green hair piece on it used as a plant.  It really pops (in a bad way) against the rest of the foliage.  Either make it a part of the jungle and repeat it a few times, or (since you already have a lot of different foliage here) just remove it.

All these are really just nit-picks.  This is really great.  Love the statue!

43 minutes ago, iragm said:

This is jaw-dropping, definitely one of the best builds in this contest so far.  An excellent update to a classic set, and while Lego wouldn't release this, it sure does feel like something they'd make.

Look, it's hard to find flaws here, but I'm going to try anyway:

• The two islands aren't connected, but there's a bridge between them.  That's awkward for stability, makes this impossible to move, and it'll make it hard to display with the bridge at the angle you want.
  • You've got a nice thick base with plenty of room for a solid palm tree base, but you've used a 2x2 round brick as the base of the palm tree.
  •  There's a lot of open flat green spaces in the bottom areas, especially when viewed from the back.  I am not recommending filling them with vegetation, that would look cluttered, but see if you can either vary the height, or add a few more rocks, or perhaps some animals crawling around.  Just anything to mix it up a bit.
  • This uses the older-style palm tree leaves, when newer style ones, or a combination of the two, might be more fitting.  Especially when used as roofs.
  • There's a mix of black and brown used as tree trunks; that's not something I feel would appear in an official set.
  • Why not use a single long ladder (which does come in reddish brown) instead of two short ladders that don't connect?  And is there any kind of lookout post or something at the top of that structure that the ladders go to?
  • The design of the rocks seems to be a mix of light bluish gray and dark bluish gray.  IMHO it would look better with DBG on the bottom, and LBG accents on the top.
  • Use of part 41748 (6x2 rounded wedge) for the outrigger (I guess I should say ama in this context) would be smoother and more modern looking.
  • There's a tan 1x1 round brick with a green hair piece on it used as a plant.  It really pops (in a bad way) against the rest of the foliage.  Either make it a part of the jungle and repeat it a few times, or (since you already have a lot of different foliage here) just remove it.

All these are really just nit-picks.  This is really great.  Love the statue!

Thanks for the tips. 

1. The islands were connected in my first version, but the others said it would be better if I separate them.

2. I didn't even think about that, will definitely fix that.

3. I might try to make it less plain but don't know how yet.

4. I wanted to match with 10320 Eldorado Fortress and it uses the old leaves.

5. The original set also had a mix of black and brown trees, and I wanted to keep that.

6. What long ladder are you talking about I don't know that part. whats the number?

7. I might try that and see if it looks good.

8. I wated to use that part at first, but though it looked too long.

9. That was meant to represent the small tree that was printed on the original baseplate.

Edited by Danny_Boy4