Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] 10320 Eldorado Fortress - Available NOW

Just now, Yperio_Bricks said:

That's just the stonewars AFOL bubble i guess (I think you refer to stonewars). Just a small percentage of all of LEGO's customers.

Yeah. Well however, that is why I wrote it in my comment - it would be wrong to assume those numbers would be the same for all consumers but that is why I would be interested to know the source that it actually sold badly.

21 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

I am wondering where you got that from, since it was in the top ten sales of Lego´s online shop - well at least when it comes to the information a german blog got from their affiliate-programm, so at least among afols it was very popular. Might not be that appealing to kids.

I saw someone posted their comments somewhere on EB. They said the employee at Lego store sated that galaxy explorer waas not sold well in 2022 or so. I can’t remember exaclty.

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

I saw someone posted their comments somewhere on EB. They said the employee at Lego store sated that galaxy explorer waas not sold well in 2022 or so. I can’t remember exaclty.

Yeah, well both this and the one I mentioned don´t really tell much about how good the sales really went. Especially since in the one mentioned above, someone said, that someone else said ;). It might also depend on the country in the end. Anyways, the Galaxy Explorer and the Eldorado Fortress both are taking a modern attempt but still trying to stay very true to the original set, which makes them appealing for fans of the old sets but on the other set, might not appeal that much to other adults and kids - which doesn´t mean there won´t be such that wouldn´t like them too. 

On the other side the Lion Knights Castle is a set that I think more people would find appealing, because it should have an similar appeal to Afols, Kids and other adults - while of course the prices limits the people that are going to buy it more than with the Eldorado Fortress or the Gaaxy Explorer.

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

The set doesn't seem to be a lego store exclusivity anymore.

It isn´t. One of Lego´s Exclusive Partners gets it per country.

16 hours ago, Lion King said:

Galaxy Explorer set was not sold that well as I heard and now we will have a rumored black ship set later this year. 

Maybe we will have another Pirates’ Icons moment sett in 2025.

wait what black ship???

16 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I am wondering where you got that from, since it was in the top ten sales of Lego´s online shop - well at least when it comes to the information a german blog got from their affiliate-programm, so at least among afols it was very popular. Might not be that appealing to kids.

16 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

That's just the stonewars AFOL bubble i guess (I think you refer to stonewars). Just a small percentage of all of LEGO's customers.

If someone could take pictures of the 10 bestselling sets every year when they are visiting the Ideas house in Billund we would at least have that info, however people do not seem to notice them and report the findings unfortunately :sadnew:

I built the Eldorado fortress this weekend. While this is a perfect fit for me theme and set I must say I have some cons about it.

• In general I prefer when they take inspiration from the old sets and not build them directly like here, at least it is possible to display it in the open solution so it seems like something new here.
  • It started very interesting with the boat, but soon there was a lot of rock building and that got a little repetitive even if the end result is nice.
  • There was a lot of small parts in the set and sometimes it felt they where included to increase the PPP ratio, overall definitely not a fantastic building experience like B-bay was.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If someone could take pictures of the 10 bestselling sets every year when they are visiting the Ideas house in Billund we would at least have that info, however people do not seem to notice them and report the findings unfortunately :sadnew:

@Piraten, you live next door near to LEGO House, how would you like a little task?

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If someone could take pictures of the 10 bestselling sets every year when they are visiting the Ideas house in Billund we would at least have that info, however people do not seem to notice them and report the findings unfortunately.

I didn´t even know they do that lol. However the sales depend on their own sales only I guess? So in the end you will still not know which set is the best, since the way the sets are sold differs.

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

@Piraten, you live next door near to LEGO House, how would you like a little task?

Sure. next door is like 30 mins... :) but going next on the 18 to set up my project for display

14 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I didn´t even know they do that lol. However the sales depend on their own sales only I guess? So in the end you will still not know which set is the best, since the way the sets are sold differs.

It is in the Ideas house and not open to the public normally except guided tours etc. I do not know how they calculate it, but assume it is total money the sets sell for. When I was there in 2019, HP came back with a bang in 2018 and had like 4 sets on the list, if I remember correctly both the HP/WW CMF series and the big D2C Hogwarts was on the list and no way they sold the same number of sets :tongue: However it might be possible that they sold in total for the same more or less, even if you most sell a lot of CMF for every castle :laugh:  

The set is the second best from 2024 in the Brickset poll, far behind Rivendell.

Could it be more appreciated than we have the impression here? I guess Brickset community is still mainly AFOL..

Edited by CaptainMoore

6 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

The set is the second best from 2024 in the Brickset poll, far behind Rivendell.

Could it be more appreciated than we have the impression here? I guess Brickset community is still mainly AFOL..

This forum is suffering a slow death, so the only remaining users are the most dedicated ones, aka the most passionate ones, aka those that also complain the most. Brickset is much more representative. 

Wow okay so my first post on the forum here. I recently got back into Lego about 2 years ago having not bought a set for myself since around 2000. I've had fun building my own creations, as well as putting together sets. I sadly just missed out on Barracuda Bay. But as a kid, pirate was by and far my favorite of any of the themes to actually play with. 

I just got this set and am in absolute love. I actually found this thread when researching the set (because its so pricey) and am excited to see so many who grew up and loved lego Pirates. I never had the original, but a number of smaller pirate themed sets. I believe it was Broadside's Brig that was my favorite set. 

Having read 41 pages of posts, I just want to speak to the named characters and lore in this set and Lego in general. As a kid, I only knew tge basic lore that was printed on the flyers in the boxes. I knew a few characters had proper names, but imagination always took the reigns. For example, I always swapped the heads off a purate captain and now I had a Blackbeard pirate captain competing with Redbeard. So often my Lego figures would be used like actors abd they would change character scene by scene.

I had no idea about any comic, or any established story beyond basic premise. But I knew the pirates were bad guys that stole and killed good guys and had wild adventures. And that it was up to the good guy Imperials to stop them. I liked Bluecoats more because I like blue better than red, but I always thought they were just different branches of the same military. Like one was the Navy and the other the Marines. It never crossed my childhood mind they were different and possibly competing peoples.

Also as someone that never owned the original Eldorado Fortress, I never had the Governor Broadside. I didn't know about him. But I had Broadside's Brig, abd always thought the Minifigure in that aet with the gold was Broadside, whim I always called Admiral Broadside, who commanded all my Blues. 

https://imgur.com/a/91UVjVl

I have mixed feelings about this new set, but overall I love it. My complaint is the modularity and the compromises for its folded forms. I think it wpuld have been way nicer if it was hinged and folded open, like Castle sets. My biggest beef is agreeing with most, that the Governor's office area is messed up. Open area leads nowhere but to a wet drop and the cannon. These things can be fixed with extra parts, but we shouldn't need to do that with a $200 + set.

But God dang is this set still beautiful and fun to play with. I love the new boat. The underground details were very fun to put together and look at, but I had to put a special golden frog statue in that box with the letter. 

This set has really set my soul free flying in the wind, and I haven't felt this much like a kid in a decade or two. I'm actually playing with this set after building it,instead of just setting on a shelf to collect dust, or breaking it apart and putting it in a bin. I've given characters names and put on stories. So much fun.

I need more soldiers. I don't have my childhood sets, so my fort feels rather empty with just the 6. I need at least 5 more fort soldiers with shakos and at least 2 more with tricorns. So, like double what they gave us haha. I really miss the old smiling faces, but the new ones are cute. I feel they have too much personality though and makes it harder to have them be blank templates. That's why I loved tge simple smile, even when printed on a face with other details.

I am quite overjoyed with this set and feel it's well worth the money, even with a number of issues that have been spoken on in this thread.

Welcome:classic:

You can buy the parts for more soldiers on PAB directly from Lego :wink:

Reading 41 pages is certainly dedication! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your background story and thoughts on it.

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome:classic:

You can buy the parts for more soldiers on PAB directly from Lego :wink:

They have them all in stock also!

forums are a dying breed indeed, everyone’s going to discord 🤣

12 hours ago, MightyThorngren said:

This set has really set my soul free flying in the wind, and I haven't felt this much like a kid in a decade or two. I'm actually playing with this set after building it,instead of just setting on a shelf to collect dust, or breaking it apart and putting it in a bin. I've given characters names and put on stories. So much fun.

Thank you for your thoughts!

12 hours ago, MightyThorngren said:

I really miss the old smiling faces, but the new ones are cute. I feel they have too much personality though and makes it harder to have them be blank templates. That's why I loved tge simple smile, even when printed on a face with other details.

I totally agree with you. You can buy additional "smileys" on Bricklink.

So far i did not have the courage to order the new soldier and governor torsos :pir-sceptic: and i am afraid they wont be availabe for long when the set will retire at the end of the year? Is that the correct date?

Can someone who owns the figures please tell me how the white printing really looks? Is it white, grey, light blue?

On 1/15/2024 at 10:13 PM, Horation said:

This forum is suffering a slow death, so the only remaining users are the most dedicated ones, aka the most passionate ones, aka those that also complain the most. Brickset is much more representative. 

While Brickset's article comments are more representative to an extent, I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be a better community in all respects. Sometimes a mature community like Eurobricks might have more complaints, but on the flip side sometimes long-term users will be less reactionary overall (since they've adapted to many changes over the years and often have mellowed a bit to not view something they see as a negative quite as catastrophically). Your mileage may vary, but there are reasons I tend to still like Eurobricks even as other sites and social media have risen up to dwarf it as far as the size of the community is concerned.

I did order some from PAB, a small batch to test the water. Result is meh. Ultimately they might not be perfect but they are available and relatively cheap so that’s that. Getting imperials at all from TLG is half a miracle these days. The one piece I am yet to pull the trigger on are a handful of admiral hats but the price is steep for that one (as much as an entire reg soldier in my region).

Dang… they increased the torsos by 37%!!!