800x293.jpg

Welcome to my garage LEGO!!!

Hello! My name is Michael. I'm a Builder from Russia, I love muscle cars!

URAL 4320 6x6

The legendary Soviet truck, which has been produced since 1977 to the present!

I started collecting in parallel with Dodge at the beginning of the year.

Initially, I put ordinary hubs on it and drove around the house very well, but before photographing the finished model, I decided to test it on the street, as a result, it was very hard for the engine, (the old version is on the video)

after which, over the past week, I went through the chassis, put the portal hubs, abandoned the fake engine and moved the buggy motor under hood (to make a direct gimbal on the gearbox).

As a result, it became slower, but more passable!

Description:

-Drive Buggy motor

-Steering Geek Servo

-Managing RCbrick

-Permanent ALL-wheel drive 6x6

-Bridges with planetary gearboxes

-2x high-speed transmission (the lever is duplicated in the cabin)

-The steering wheel turns with wheels

-Doors, hood and tank open

-Detailed interior and under-hood space

-Weight: 2.6 kg Length: 68 cm.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lego_muscle_garage/

Join my group in VK: https://vk.com/legomusclegarage

All photos on the link: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Michael217/ural-4320-6x6

1280x854.jpg

1280x776.jpg1280x854.jpg1280x759.jpg1280x854.jpg

800x635.jpg800x640.png

All photos on the link: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Michael217/ural-4320-6x6

Edited by Michael217

Nice build! Now do a gearbox delete, and go full russian mode: 2 buggy motors per axle :laugh:  Jokes aside, this looks really cool.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, Alex Ilea said:

Nice build! Now do a gearbox delete, and go full russian mode: 2 buggy motors per axle :laugh:  Jokes aside, this looks really cool. 

Haha) Thank you so much!

On 6/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, Milan said:

One of the best, if not the best, Ural we have had so far.

Thanks! I tried very hard) Since Sariel's Ural was far from ideal, I decided to show how to assemble such trucks))

It looks really cool! More details / images about the drivetrain and the suspension would be appreciated though.

It drives nice on simple terrain, but I wonder how it behaves on more rugged one. Have you tried somewhere?

10 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

It drives nice on simple terrain, but I wonder how it behaves on more rugged one. Have you tried somewhere? 

In the photo of the bottom, everything is very clearly visible, an ordinary box, which is directly powered by the motor. I wrote above that I put planetary hubs on it after this video, now it does not go as fast as in the video, but it can overcome more difficult obstacles, if there is time, I will definitely record a new video in nature)

What a nice model, great work!

The mix of simplicity and complexity is just brilliant. Really the best Ural i've seen here so far :-)

5 hours ago, Michael217 said:

if there is time, I will definitely record a new video in nature)

Great, looking forward to it!

What I was curious about is how the drive is transferred onto the axle, that's the interesting / unusual part, and the bottom image did not show that, but now I found the top image and I can see. I was wondering how you braced it. Unfortunately I am afraid that on challenging enough terrain if you push it hard that gear mesh between the 20T tan gear and the red differential gear will prove to be the weak link as it is not supported by a rigid piece on either sides immediately next to the gears and the axles may have enough space to bend (especially on the middle axle where the axle holding the tan gear does not go from side to side but is split in the middle). Maybe with 3 axles / 6 wheels and planetary hubs and open differentials it won't be a problem, it's hard to tell, that's why I'm curious about an actual ride on tough terrain. Would be nice to know if such a setup would be reliable on a truck trial :)

Edited by gyenesvi

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Great, looking forward to it!

What I was curious about is how the drive is transferred onto the axle, that's the interesting / unusual part, and the bottom image did not show that, but now I found the top image and I can see. I was wondering how you braced it. Unfortunately I am afraid that on challenging enough terrain if you push it hard that gear mesh between the 20T tan gear and the red differential gear will prove to be the weak link as it is not supported by a rigid piece on either sides immediately next to the gears and the axles may have enough space to bend (especially on the middle axle where the axle holding the tan gear does not go from side to side but is split in the middle). Maybe with 3 axles / 6 wheels and planetary hubs and open differentials it won't be a problem, it's hard to tell, that's why I'm curious about an actual ride on tough terrain. Would be nice to know if such a setup would be reliable on a truck trial :)

In the first version, there was no "crunch" of gears in the video, but the motor did not have enough torque to overcome some irregularities and grooves, the motor simply stopped, the gears did not scroll, and when I put the planetary hubs, it easily began to overcome all the irregularities) But the model is still not for trial, the cabin is very heavy, almost 1.5 kg presses on the front axle.=)

Looks absolutely great, right on par with your car mocs, keep up the excellent work and please continue to show them. I am curious about how robust the back of the truck is because it looks so realistic as a truck, it also looks quite spindly or flimsy, as a LEGO construct, still think it looks fabulous though, thanks.

My favorite views are from the underside, always enjoy seeing how the mechanics work.

Edited by Johnny1360

Abusive, aggressive and political comments have been, and will be removed.

This is a Lego forum, this is a Lego moc.
Please use political/military forums for non-Lego discussion.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looks absolutely great, right on par with your car mocs, keep up the excellent work and please continue to show them. I am curious about how robust the back of the truck is because it looks so realistic as a truck, it also looks quite spindly or flimsy, as a LEGO construct, still think it looks fabulous though, thanks.

Thanks! You can be sure that the chassis turned out to be strong, the rear part showed itself well in tests, nothing crunches, does not break)

The most detailed off-road truck I have seen so far! Are you planning on making a serious off-road test for it?

23 minutes ago, Daniel-99 said:

The most detailed off-road truck I have seen so far! Are you planning on making a serious off-road test for it? 

Thanks! For a serious test, you need another buggy motor and a Buviz) After all, this is more of a shelf model)

16 hours ago, nikzagvit said:

Шикарная модель получилась!!!

I agree.
But, please use English on the forum :thumbup: