Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

This is an interesting question that hadn't occurred to me. It turns out that yes, they roughly are--they're all right around 1:23.

Okay, cool. Thank you! I guess they'll be the UCS versions of the AT-RT and BARC haha.

4 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Yes its worth it - enjoying building mine out.

I contacted lego about the "issue" that everyone's "drama-ing" over - Lego is investigating the issue with their quality team - which inferrs they will likely follow up.

Good to hear, I'm gonna snap it up the second I get my stock notif.

Yeah I didn't think the issue was that big either, I just noted it in case every response was "look out for this horrible issue that they'll never ever fix"

6 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

This is an interesting question that hadn't occurred to me. It turns out that yes, they roughly are--they're all right around 1:23.

That IS interesting. I might try and mod those two vehicles into UCS versions of the vehicle...

I currently have about $50 in Amazon gift cards, is there any way to convert those to use them on Lego.com or at a Lego store? I would really like to pick up some of the new minifig packs

1 hour ago, ForgedInLego said:

I currently have about $50 in Amazon gift cards, is there any way to convert those to use them on Lego.com or at a Lego store? I would really like to pick up some of the new minifig packs

Nope...not directly anyway.

Your better off waiting until said sets land on Amazon and hopefully they will be priced legitimately.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:38 PM, ForgedInLego said:

Not unless you can find a pal to buy them off you. Usually stores don't let you convert gift cards because they don't want you spending the money somewhere else.

Anyone know what time the 01 sets will drop on lego.com in a few days? American Central Time resident here trying to grab snowtrooper battle packs with my AT-AT VIP points.

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyone know what time the 01 sets will drop on lego.com in a few days? American Central Time resident here trying to grab snowtrooper battle packs with my AT-AT VIP points.

I feel like it tends to vary a lot.  I know in the past, some UCS stuff has come out right at midnight, other times it's like 6am, other times I think it's been midnight Pacific time (so, 2:00 AM Central), but who really knows.  I wonder if it'll sell out?  In the past I would've said no way, but it seems like since last summer almost every SW release has sold out instantly at release.  I feel like brand stores will probably have physical copies in stock, but I have no idea about online.

23 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I feel like it tends to vary a lot.  I know in the past, some UCS stuff has come out right at midnight, other times it's like 6am, other times I think it's been midnight Pacific time (so, 2:00 AM Central), but who really knows.  I wonder if it'll sell out?  In the past I would've said no way, but it seems like since last summer almost every SW release has sold out instantly at release.  I feel like brand stores will probably have physical copies in stock, but I have no idea about online.

I don't know for sure it'll sell out, but given how related it is to the at-at, which sold out multiple times, and the fact that to complement the AT-AT you'd want between 2 and, what, 12 to fill it? I'm definately worried. Planning on using VIP points, so I guess I'll get up at 7 and hope for the best.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know for sure it'll sell out, but given how related it is to the at-at, which sold out multiple times, and the fact that to complement the AT-AT you'd want between 2 and, what, 12 to fill it? I'm definately worried. Planning on using VIP points, so I guess I'll get up at 7 and hope for the best.

4 troopers per battlepack. 5 troopers included in the set. (40-5)/4 = 9 battle packs to fill it. The issue there is you also have to think about the speeder bikes. There's only room for 4. I feel like most people would only really want to be buying two battle packs and then sourcing additional figures elsewhere if they wanted to fill it.

I'm planning on buying 3 battle packs which will take the troop complement to 17 including the figures that come with the set. I've already bought the additional troopers on bricklink to make it up to the capacity of 40.

If you want your troops to be seated with helmets on then you'll have to source the rarer troops with the brick-built backpacks. 

2 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

4 troopers per battlepack. 5 troopers included in the set. (40-5)/4 = 9 battle packs to fill it. The issue there is you also have to think about the speeder bikes. There's only room for 4. I feel like most people would only really want to be buying two battle packs and then sourcing additional figures elsewhere if they wanted to fill it.

I'm planning on buying 3 battle packs which will take the troop complement to 17 including the figures that come with the set. I've already bought the additional troopers on bricklink to make it up to the capacity of 40.

If you want your troops to be seated with helmets on then you'll have to source the rarer troops with the brick-built backpacks. 

3 snowtroopers, though, one is a snow scout or whatever, and some people might not want to fill the AT-AT with them since they weren't in the film. There are different ways to fill it, such as 40-5-4(scouts, since there are 4 speeder slots)=31/3=11 packs to fill it, or 35/3=12 packs to fill it if you want only snowtroopers to be seated. I'm planning on getting 4 battlepacks (those VIP points will help out here), and I have 2 of the newer helmet mold snowtroopers already, which means I'll have 19 empty seats left over (I figure I'll leave the scouts in).

7 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

The issue there is you also have to think about the speeder bikes. There's only room for 4. I feel like most people would only really want to be buying two battle packs and then sourcing additional figures elsewhere if they wanted to fill it.

The white speederbikes can also be used for Navarro (The Mandalorian) as well as Hoth. And by swapping in about a dozen reddish brown parts, you can convert the Hoth speeder bike to an Endor version. 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

And by swapping in about a dozen reddish brown parts, you can convert the Hoth speeder bike to an Endor version. 

The fin part used at the back, 50949, doesn't exist in reddish brown yet, so you'll have to take some slight liberties with the design. But it's still a lot of speeder bikes either way. A lot of this is going to depend on how much those snowtroopers end up costing on BrickLink. If the ones from the new battle pack are as cheap as some of the common old-style ones, it'll make less sense to buy the battlepacks directly, but it'll take a while to get to that point (if it ever does).

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The fin part used at the back, 50949, doesn't exist in reddish brown yet, so you'll have to take some slight liberties with the design. But it's still a lot of speeder bikes either way. A lot of this is going to depend on how much those snowtroopers end up costing on BrickLink. If the ones from the new battle pack are as cheap as some of the common old-style ones, it'll make less sense to buy the battlepacks directly, but it'll take a while to get to that point (if it ever does).

Yeah I ordered that part in black, which seemed the best color swap given the limited ones available. It's an odd part — I had never actually seen it before this — so I suspect it won't be in Reddish Brown any time soon. But all the others were available in Reddish Brown. I really like that speeder bike design, and I don't mind having extra snowy parts, so to me at least, the battle pack is pretty massable. That said I'll wait until it's marked down 20% before buying them in bulk.

Canonically, Squads are 10 troops (9 soldiers led by a Sergeant)—for both the Republic and Empire. The next unit up is 40 Clones or 50 Imperials.

So my plan is 10 BPs for a Squad of 10 Scouts + 40 Snowtroopers = full snow platoon of 50 troops. I’ll have 6 speeders flanking the AT-AT, 4 inside, and the final 2 will be used for Navarro.

But, like jdubbs, I’ll be looking to pick them up once they’re 20% off.

Why has the Mandalorian Starfighter gone from £49.99 to £59.99 on lego.com? (Also assembly square has gone from £179.99 to ££229.99!!!) What is going on? I was going to buy it in the new year

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

Why has the Mandalorian Starfighter gone from £49.99 to £59.99 on lego.com? (Also assembly square has gone from £179.99 to ££229.99!!!) What is going on? I was going to buy it in the new year

https://www.brickfanatics.com/more-lego-price-rises-on-the-way-in-2022/

https://brickset.com/article/68657/[europe]-new-year-brings-new-prices!

"According to a statement published by the LEGO Group in September, these price changes are being implemented to ‘make RRP pricing more consistent across different countries [in Western Europe] from 2022’, and that ‘the final price charged to shoppers is set by retailers, not the LEGO Group’."

Edited by Hold0511

This is a bit of random question, but I wanted to get some opinions on it.  

I have an opportunity to buy a lot (lot as in group, not as in "many") of sealed sets for $85-90 US (not totally sure on the price yet).  There are three sets that I'm mildly interested in (I think collectively they're worth between $55-75, depending on how aggressively they're priced), and one that I'm very interested in, 7104, the original Desert Skiff from 2000.  I've slowly acquired some of the early 2000s LSW sets, and a sealed copy of this for essentially $20-25 seems like a very good price.  I also don't have original, non-flesh tone versions of Han or Luke, so that's a bonus for me, as I really like some of these old style figures and builds.  I have no idea on the condition of the boxes, other than them being sealed, but I'd build the Skiff anyway, so I don't really care if the box is crushed.

However, I'm unsure if I want to pull the trigger on spending $85 for effectively one set.  I could resell the other three, but my concern is that I'd be sitting on them for like six months, since they're also older sets that are so-so in terms of desirability. 

Anyone have thoughts/opinions on this?

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

This is a bit of random question, but I wanted to get some opinions on it.  

I have an opportunity to buy a lot (lot as in group, not as in "many") of sealed sets for $85-90 US (not totally sure on the price yet).  There are three sets that I'm mildly interested in (I think collectively they're worth between $55-75, depending on how aggressively they're priced), and one that I'm very interested in, 7104, the original Desert Skiff from 2000.  I've slowly acquired some of the early 2000s LSW sets, and a sealed copy of this for essentially $20-25 seems like a very good price.  I also don't have original, non-flesh tone versions of Han or Luke, so that's a bonus for me, as I really like some of these old style figures and builds.  I have no idea on the condition of the boxes, other than them being sealed, but I'd build the Skiff anyway, so I don't really care if the box is crushed.

However, I'm unsure if I want to pull the trigger on spending $85 for effectively one set.  I could resell the other three, but my concern is that I'd be sitting on them for like six months, since they're also older sets that are so-so in terms of desirability. 

Anyone have thoughts/opinions on this?

If they are factory sealed and in very good condition - could be a bonus - but demand is a fickle mistress.
Id probe for more info on the goods.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:19 PM, Pedilego said:

Canonically, Squads are 10 troops (9 soldiers led by a Sergeant)—for both the Republic and Empire. The next unit up is 40 Clones or 50 Imperials.

FYI, this has been pretty fuzzy in canon, at least historically. For both the Republic and Empire, some sources interpret a squad as nine troopers plus a sergeant and some call it nine troopers including the sergeant (which is how you get numbers like 2,304 clones in a regiment), and there are Legends sources describing a 38-soldier Imperial platoon (four squads of 9 plus a lieutenant and sergeant major). Obviously get as many battle packs as you want, but know you would be defensibly justified in calling it a platoon even if you only had 7 or so.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

FYI, this has been pretty fuzzy in canon, at least historically. For both the Republic and Empire, some sources interpret a squad as nine troopers plus a sergeant and some call it nine troopers including the sergeant (which is how you get numbers like 2,304 clones in a regiment), and there are Legends sources describing a 38-soldier Imperial platoon (four squads of 9 plus a lieutenant and sergeant major). Obviously get as many battle packs as you want, but know you would be defensibly justified in calling it a platoon even if you only had 7 or so.

Yeah, that's fair. I spent a lot of time on Wookiepedia alone and just on that website there's a lot of conflicting information - especially when you're toggled onto the Legends tabs - so I definitely understand what you're saying. Even the cannon side is confusing as, to your example, sometimes a group of troops is counted by the number of standard infantry without including the supplemental leaders. So what I've found to be the most likely number isn't a consensus matter-of-fact.

5 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

If they are factory sealed and in very good condition - could be a bonus - but demand is a fickle mistress.
Id probe for more info on the goods.

All the sets are sealed, condition as far as I know is solid.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

All the sets are sealed, condition as far as I know is solid.

Then I guess shop around on ebay - other sites and see if its worth investing or not.

Beyond that - its just down to you and maybe a coin toss. :)

Does anyone know of any instructions for modding the UCS Slave 1 stand so that all of the minifigs can be displayed on the stand? I'm lookingh for something similar to the Wicked Bricks stand but, made from LEGO.

6 hours ago, Csaba said:

Does anyone know of any instructions for modding the UCS Slave 1 stand so that all of the minifigs can be displayed on the stand? I'm lookingh for something similar to the Wicked Bricks stand but, made from LEGO.

I just added 2 1x2 brackets right behind the silver grille tiles on it to fit the bespin guard and stormtrooper, as Han and Boba fit in the ship. If you're looking to fit all 4 on the stand, I would just buy a few black plates and put them on the bottom of the stand with some studs exposed to the sides to fit figures on.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I just added 2 1x2 brackets right behind the silver grille tiles on it to fit the bespin guard and stormtrooper, as Han and Boba fit in the ship. If you're looking to fit all 4 on the stand, I would just buy a few black plates and put them on the bottom of the stand with some studs exposed to the sides to fit figures on.

Thanks for the suggestion.