Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

gallery_11254_209_16633.png

This topic is for asking questions about LEGO Star Wars. If it doesn't belong in one of the other dedicated threads then it belongs here! Other dedicated threads include:

2021 News Thread
2021 Set Discussion
Wishlists
Culture and Media

And here are some older threads for your reference:

So, did TLG erase the new rules about rumors? I'm kind of confused about this because I've seen some LAN members talking over the past few days. (Not related to the UCS Gunship, I know that was an RLFM day event.)

12 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

So, did TLG erase the new rules about rumors? I'm kind of confused about this because I've seen some LAN members talking over the past few days. (Not related to the UCS Gunship, I know that was an RLFM day event.)

I believe they did, but not before some high-profile LAN members quit.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe they did, but not before some high-profile LAN members quit.

Yeah, I saw that J2G and Brickitect quit a few weeks after @MandRproductions was kicked (As in, the week that Justin did his face reveal). I don't know if David Hall quit, too, though.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it in the general thread I suppose.

I'm working on a fallen order MOC set, does anyone have color suggestions for the tomb guardian? currently I'm thinking dark tan and DBG, but it doesn't have the shininess of the in-game character.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it in the general thread I suppose.

I'm working on a fallen order MOC set, does anyone have color suggestions for the tomb guardian? currently I'm thinking dark tan and DBG, but it doesn't have the shininess of the in-game character.

Hmmm, maybe a mixture of dark tan and pro gold pieces?

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How about "Warm Gold", as it has the shiny copper look of the Tomb Guardian.
I don't know how difficult it would be to get the pieces you need though.

Please show us pics of the finished MOC!! :classic:

@The Stud and @Sarah_H7744, those are good suggestions. I didn't think gold would really work, but I rendered it using that color and it came out really well, so thanks for the suggestion!

On 3/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, Sarah_H7744 said:

Please show us pics of the finished MOC!! :classic:

I'm working on a whole wave of MOCS based off the canon star wars games (and KOTOR), which'll have at least 2 FO location sets and maybe the Mantis too. Here's my build of the guardian so far (alongside a magnet and Cal, who it's about twice as tall as), I'm not a fan of the head but I couldn't find a better way to do it at this size, same with the hands.

Zeffo%20Tomb_2.jpg

Edit: of course immediately after posting this I find a slightly better solution for the head. Still not great, but if I replace the layer below that 2x4 wedge plate with 2 1x2 rounded plates (rotated 90 degrees from the current one), then it at least has two eye socket areas and isn't a cyclops. :sceptic:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@The Stud and @Sarah_H7744, those are good suggestions. I didn't think gold would really work, but I rendered it using that color and it came out really well, so thanks for the suggestion!

I'm working on a whole wave of MOCS based off the canon star wars games (and KOTOR), which'll have at least 2 FO location sets and maybe the Mantis too. Here's my build of the guardian so far (alongside a magnet and Cal, who it's about twice as tall as), I'm not a fan of the head but I couldn't find a better way to do it at this size, same with the hands.

Zeffo%20Tomb_2.jpg

Edit: of course immediately after posting this I find a slightly better solution for the head. Still not great, but if I replace the layer below that 2x4 wedge plate with 2 1x2 rounded plates (rotated 90 degrees from the current one), then it at least has two eye socket areas and isn't a cyclops. :sceptic:

That looks pretty good! I could immediately recognize what it was, though me playing through Fallen Order five times might play a part in that. :wink:

I look forward to seeing what you make next!

On 3/25/2021 at 2:18 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

That looks great, the Magnet is a very nice detail. I'm looking forward to seeing the JFO locations & the Mantis. :classic:

On 3/25/2021 at 3:18 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Zeffo%20Tomb_2.jpg

I really like your torso and legs design, however i feel like the head is quite underwhelming. I've come up with two designs for the head myself. You can try to incorporate one of them into your build, I feel like it would really add to the overall look of your tomb guard :) 
(All the pieces that I've used exist in lego form) 

zeffo guard_2-min.png

Also is there any chance that you could send me the stud.io file of it? The lower part is quite tricky to replicate using only this one image :)

Do we any idea what lego are doing for 'may the 4th be with you' other than the ucs release than the lars homestead promo? What can we expect based on other recent years in terms of offers?

25 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do we any idea what lego are doing for 'may the 4th be with you' other than the ucs release than the lars homestead promo? What can we expect based on other recent years in terms of offers?

There is a small in-store giveaway and double VIP points on Star Wars sets. Previous years, a handful of older sets also went on sale but I haven't seen anything to indicate that this year.

I was hoping to score a discount in the AT-AT, but it looks like Target had just about every other set discounted but this one. Historically, do the ~$160 sets get discounted? I've seen just about every other set discounted in the last few months other than the Razor Crest which is often out of stock.

On 5/3/2021 at 2:52 AM, Utinni Utinni said:

I was hoping to score a discount in the AT-AT, but it looks like Target had just about every other set discounted but this one. Historically, do the ~$160 sets get discounted? I've seen just about every other set discounted in the last few months other than the Razor Crest which is often out of stock.

I haven't seen them in a while - I do most of my shopping off of S@H though.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:42 AM, Grisbee said:

I really like your torso and legs design, however i feel like the head is quite underwhelming. I've come up with two designs for the head myself. You can try to incorporate one of them into your build, I feel like it would really add to the overall look of your tomb guard :) 
(All the pieces that I've used exist in lego form) 

Also is there any chance that you could send me the stud.io file of it? The lower part is quite tricky to replicate using only this one image :)

Hi, so sorry I missed this. Unfortunately my computer's no longer running stud.io, but I should still be able to send you the file if you let me know your email (Though I can't edit it, so it'll be the full set concept). I love the updated designs, the extra height is definitely offset by how much better the head looks.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, Utinni Utinni said:

This might not be directly helpful to you, but it's at 20% off on Amazon UK at the moment, so at least over here it does get discounted.

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

This might not be directly helpful to you, but it's at 20% off on Amazon UK at the moment, so at least over here it does get discounted.

It's something. Hope that makes its way to the US

On 5/3/2021 at 2:52 AM, Utinni Utinni said:

Hello,

A little late to the conversation myself as well.  Discounts on certain sets certainly seem to be fewer than in the past.  I came out of my dark ages and started doing some building again in 2016 and it seemed at that point I could wait and get deals on most sets, even the really big ones.  Sometimes it was only 15 - 20%, but in most cases if I was patient I could get up to 30% and sometimes 40% off.  Amazon was certainly a factor in that, but even local retailers like Toys R Us Canada, WalMart Canada and others would join in.

Since Toys R Us went bust in the US (we still have the store in Canada) the number of deals I see has shrunk, and it has been especially bad from late 2019 onwards.  Certainly the pandemic has made things tougher for toy manufacturers, including Lego, to get all of the materials they need for products, but even before COVID deals on set in general, and bigger sets in particular, were harder to get.

Long story short, hunt as much as you can and you might get lucky.  If you see a deal and you are interested in the set, grab it while you can.  If you second guess yourself it may be harder to get something later.

For the longest time I was waiting to see if I could get a deal on the RazorCrest and the MBS Cantina as both were on Amazon.  But after a year of waiting on both, the best that showed up was the Cantina being discounted $27.00 by Amazon.ca.  I waited a couple of days to see if it would dip lower, it went out of stock, and now it is being advertised at $800.00 or more by third party sellers on Amazon.  I took the plunge to buy both sets from Shop@Home during May the 4th to get the double points, because that will be a better deal for me in the long run.

Sorry, long post, but I feel you pain as I am still waiting for a deal on the AT-AT myself.

Cheers :)

On 5/10/2021 at 11:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Hi, so sorry I missed this. Unfortunately my computer's no longer running stud.io, but I should still be able to send you the file if you let me know your email (Though I can't edit it, so it'll be the full set concept). I love the updated designs, the extra height is definitely offset by how much better the head looks.

Actually, I won't be needing the file anymore cause I enjoyed working on the head and decided to try and create the entire Tomb Guard figure. Here is the result:
It's quite high and a bit off-scale but i really like the final result. Hope you enjoy it! 

Tomb Guard-min.png

On 5/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Grisbee said:

Actually, I won't be needing the file anymore cause I enjoyed working on the head and decided to try and create the entire Tomb Guard figure. Here is the result:
It's quite high and a bit off-scale but i really like the final result. Hope you enjoy it! 

I think it's a good representation of the source material. 

Do we know the gbp/£ prices for the summer sets? I couldn't see them in the news thread but I though I'd ask here just in case it was known.

Also another question, how well does the new Tusken head interact with neck attachments? Could you fit this part with it, and how would it look upside down? Thanks :classic:

26 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do we know the gbp/£ prices for the summer sets? I couldn't see them in the news thread but I though I'd ask here just in case it was known.

Also another question, how well does the new Tusken head interact with neck attachments? Could you fit this part with it, and how would it look upside down? Thanks :classic:

The molded tusken head unfortunately doesn't work with that part right-side up. It'd work upside-down, but your tusken would end up looking pretty tall.

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The molded tusken head unfortunately doesn't work with that part right-side up. It'd work upside-down, but your tusken would end up looking pretty tall.

Ah, a shame.. Thanks for the quick response. :classic: