On 9/5/2023 at 7:44 AM, Black Falcon said:

The Set is rumoured to be avaiable as GWP from 18th November - so a few days before that date we should get first pictures. Wouldn´t expect them to show up much sooner than that.

A Majisto set with a green dragon would be so cool but unfortunately they haven't produced the dragon body since the black and gold dragon in Orient Expedition in 2003. Maybe they still have the molds because not many sets included dragons?

There is less than 1% chance you will see that 40 30 year old mold. I would not want it anyhow as I have plenty and they are affordable. Give us a new dragon!

Edited by Follows Closely

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

There is less than 1% chance you will see that 40 year old mold. I would not want to either. Give us a new dragon!

Well it seems kinda unlikely they would make a new dragon for a gwp. For normal Sets sure. But anyways the chance to see that old dragon back seems kinda unlikely - it is the most iconic one, though, so I wouldn´t bet on it not returning

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well it seems kinda unlikely they would make a new dragon for a gwp. For normal Sets sure. But anyways the chance to see that old dragon back seems kinda unlikely - it is the most iconic one, though, so I wouldn´t bet on it not returning

Yeah you are right it’s pretty much unlikely for a molded dragon to show up in GWP. 

I’m a huge fan of molded creatures from City animals to Harry Potter / fantasty creatures. But I am not a fan of buildable creatures like Ninjago sets have dragons.  However, with the popularity of buildable dragons from Ninjago and Harry Potter, I don’t think we will see old and new molds for dragons (except for wings and head pieces only). 

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Maybe they will use the baby dragon from the Ninjago sets and color it green or red.  

34 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Maybe they will use the baby dragon from the Ninjago sets and color it green or red.  

I will gladly get it!

If Chinese bootleggers can bring the old dragon mold back(and release it in 6 different colours), I don't see why TLG can't.

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Yeah you are right it’s pretty much unlikely for a molded dragon to show up in GWP. 

I’m a huge fan of molded creatures from City animals to Harry Potter / fantasty creatures. But I am not a fan of buildable creatures like Ninjago sets have dragons.  However, with the popularity of buildable dragons from Ninjago and Harry Potter, I don’t think we will see old and new molds for dragons (except for wings and head pieces only). 

My favourity Dragons are the ones from Castles Fantasy Era. Especially the one from LEGO 7048 Troll Warship with his armour looks great.

As for the Ninjago ones, there are some quite good ones to. But Brickbuild for me just works in bigger models, smaller models like Fluffy in Harry Potter just kinda look awfull.

14 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

My favourity Dragons are the ones from Castles Fantasy Era. Especially the one from LEGO 7048 Troll Warship with his armour looks great.

As for the Ninjago ones, there are some quite good ones to. But Brickbuild for me just works in bigger models, smaller models like Fluffy in Harry Potter just kinda look awfull.

Nice!

Yeah, buildable dragons look kinda nice but it just doesn’t appeal to me personally. I have a bunch of dinosaurs from Jurassic World and I’m quite suprised that Ninjago is around here for over 10 years with no (entirely) molded dragons. I used to own Hungarian Horntail from mid-200s and I loved it so much. 

Ah, well… I will accept that there will be no modled dragons then. 

18 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

There is less than 1% chance you will see that 40 year old mold. I would not want to either. Give us a new dragon!

That's not true. The dragon first appeared in 1993 with the release of the Dragon Knights. There weren't even molded horses in 1983.

6 hours ago, SpacePolice89 said:

That's not true. The dragon first appeared in 1993 with the release of the Dragon Knights. There weren't even molded horses in 1983.

I stand corrected; 30 years. I still think there is no chance the mold is put back into use. One thing I do know is that I will buy whatever I need to get this GWP.

6 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I stand corrected; 30 years. I still think there is no chance the mold is put back into use. One thing I do know is that I will buy whatever I need to get this GWP.

I know that the green dragon is a pipe dream. I just happen to like the design of it very much and it is such an iconic creature, even the rollercoasters in the Legoland parks are modelled after it. 

What has been the highest threshold for a GWP in the past? It is rumoured that this set will have 100 pieces more than Forest Hideout. It is highly anticipated, with multiple people saying that they have been holding off large purchases to obtain the set. Given also that it is supposed to be released on a double points weekend and alongside a second GWP, it would seem a fine opportunity for Lego to see how much more money they can squeeze out of the nostalgia market. I would be surprised if the threshold is below £250.

10 hours ago, Ruthin Road said:

What has been the highest threshold for a GWP in the past? It is rumoured that this set will have 100 pieces more than Forest Hideout. It is highly anticipated, with multiple people saying that they have been holding off large purchases to obtain the set. Given also that it is supposed to be released on a double points weekend and alongside a second GWP, it would seem a fine opportunity for Lego to see how much more money they can squeeze out of the nostalgia market. I would be surprised if the threshold is below £250.

I would imagine maybe £180. The Blacktron set with ~350 pieces was £170 threshold.

I would guess somewhere in the range of 170-220€. I doubt it will get a lower threshold, since there will be an other gwp at the same time, which I would guess to have an lower purchase as requirement.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:28 PM, Lion King said:

Fair (especially at larger scales, but keep in mind that there is a lot of space in between "fully brick-built creature" and "fully molded creature". For example, several of the 4+ Ninjago dragons use this piece for their torsos, which is similar in shape/size to some of the pre-molded dragon and dinosaur torsos we've seen, but studded on top so the dragon's back and saddle can be fully brick-built (depending on the desired shapes and textures). Those dragons also share leg molds with Jurassic World dinosaurs, and the one from this set also shares its wing and tail pieces with molded creatures in other themes — so the back/spine is the ONLY part that's fully brick-built!

Now, obviously, a new version of Majisto's dragon in particular would create its own set of challenges, since the shaping was so specific — I'm not sure any current creature torso molds would adequately resemble that sort of curvy, S-shaped posture. And especially for 18+ sets, I don't think it'd be fitting for a new design to rely too heavily on set-specific molds, so a brick-built torso might be the best option for that, even if it means increasing the dragon's size compared to the original. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a future Castle dragon (even a classic-inspired one) repurposing existing dinosaur leg/arm molds.

In any case, none of this is anything I'd expect for this GWP. As @Classic_Spaceman points out the original set didn't even include a dragon (and wouldn't likely leave room to add a whole lot of extra stuff beyond the workshop itself at a GWP budget, given how big the original design already was). Though I suppose if LEGO wanted to have a bit of fun with it, they could perhaps include the new Ninjago baby dragon mold with different colors and printing suggesting a hypothetical "baby" version of the classic dragon.

Edited by Aanchir

You know what would be funny? Majisto's Workshop as a tack-on to 10305. And instead of Majisto (he's included with the castle anyway), a dragon knight like in the original set.

Are we expecting the GWP to be free with ANY purchases over a certain amount, or just one particular theme/group of sets? 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Are we expecting the GWP to be free with ANY purchases over a certain amount, or just one particular theme/group of sets? 

I am very certain it will be free to all purchases. You only will know when they announce it for sure, but it would highly surprise me if it would be otherwise.

On 9/30/2023 at 2:36 AM, Seaber said:

Most likely all Lego, just like Forest Hideout.  What theme would it be attached to otherwise?

Could limit it to the Knights Castle, Eldorado Fortress or Galaxy Explorer - vintage sets

We've seen GWP limited to Modulars so this could be limited to the old school stuff 

Stock of these three isn't selling so well at the moment according to my local Lego stores - the sales have halted so perhaps it's to give these a boost

Fingers crossed it on all Lego however

Edited by BrickSP

On 10/4/2023 at 12:21 PM, BrickSP said:

Could limit it to the Knights Castle, Eldorado Fortress or Galaxy Explorer - vintage sets

This seems unlikely, since the target market for the Majisto's Workshop GWP would probably have already bought those sets! 

31 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This seems unlikely, since the target market for the Majisto's Workshop GWP would probably have already bought those sets! 

I would not be surprised if they did it to boost sales of those further and encourage people to buy multiples.

But given that the forestmen set was on anything, I would assume the same will be true for Majisto.