"This is where the fun begins!"

My latest ship from the Prequel Trilogy has arrived, and it surely was a lot of fun to make: here's Obi Wan's Eta-2 Actis Interceptor from Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars.

This small unit consists of 281 pieces (stand included), and has one major feature: true Minifig scale! 

There's a handful of beautiful MOCs of this ship out there already, but most of them are based on the huge cockpit piece from the playsets, so they're drastically oversized. So here I am with a, dare I say, more accurately scaled version.

It does come with a drawback, you guessed it: you can't put a fig inside. A bit ironic I know, but I chose to go for a brick-built cockpit in order to get as close to the original design as I could, prioritizing accuracy over playability, as usual. 

The wings were pretty challenging given the ridiculously small scale, and my goal was to have them as thin as possible without compromising the SNOT look.

I'm quite happy with the result and I think this makes a nice little display piece. It's also very swooshable despite the intricate wing design.

I'm usually not a fan of stickers, but I thought this one deserved some sweet markings. I used the sticker sheet from the playset - it is included in the parts list. The color scheme can be changed to red with only a few part swaps (see last page in the instructions).

► Instructions for the Eta-2 Actis Interceptor are available at Rebrickable.

More pictures on my Flickr page.

52783088827_0d0e272417_z.jpg

52783638566_7fd007d5d1_z.jpg

52783876529_5b54fa13f4_z.jpg

52784095818_7b946e34ff_z.jpg

52784095763_128c796102_z.jpg

52784035990_9b1dfb51e4_z.jpg

Really clever build, I've seen a few Eta-2 mocs at minifig scale that fit a fig and they always look chibi, so this approach was definitely a good idea. 

I swear every time I see what I think is the best version of this ship, someone comes along and raises the bar. This is jaw-droppingly good.

Its a shame it can't fit a fig (though understandable); any chance of a picture next one for reference?

This has got to be the best ETA-2 MOC I've ever seen, I really love the slightly trapezoidal holes in the wings and how the angled grills fit together on the tips!

On 3/31/2023 at 7:32 PM, MBricks said:

Really clever build, I've seen a few Eta-2 mocs at minifig scale that fit a fig and they always look chibi, so this approach was definitely a good idea. 

Thanks so much, appreciate it!

On 3/31/2023 at 10:59 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

I swear every time I see what I think is the best version of this ship, someone comes along and raises the bar. This is jaw-droppingly good.

Its a shame it can't fit a fig (though understandable); any chance of a picture next one for reference?

Thank you, means a lot. I initially planned to take a picture next to an Obi Wan fig but completely forgot after that!

On 3/31/2023 at 11:17 PM, ForgedInLego said:

This has got to be the best ETA-2 MOC I've ever seen, I really love the slightly trapezoidal holes in the wings and how the angled grills fit together on the tips!

Somehow missed your message, thanks a lot! And thanks for noticing, it was all really a tight fit adding all these little details to the wings, but accuracy-wise the end result looks okay for the ridiculously small scale!

Excellent job on the model! You don’t really realize how small this ship is supposed to be until it’s pointed out, all because every set and nearly every MOC is built around the oversized cockpit piece. I’m curious as to what scale you used when converting measurements to studs; I’ve seen people use ratios of both 5 and 6 studs per 2 meters, but the difference at a size like this could be the deciding factor between including or omitting a certain detail.

On 4/30/2023 at 4:06 AM, cdavidc29 said:

Excellent job on the model! You don’t really realize how small this ship is supposed to be until it’s pointed out, all because every set and nearly every MOC is built around the oversized cockpit piece. I’m curious as to what scale you used when converting measurements to studs; I’ve seen people use ratios of both 5 and 6 studs per 2 meters, but the difference at a size like this could be the deciding factor between including or omitting a certain detail.

Thanks a lot! Honestly I didn't do any calculation, I just closely compared reliable reference material and worked out the rough size of the cockpit to match with a minifig. Rewatching the battle over coruscant scene in Episode III really helped :)