BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Any photos taken of the Town Square together with the Lion Knights Castle?

Maybe not photos, but two of the video reviews linked in the below post have some
Solid Brix - 11:40
Tiago: 7:20

19 hours ago, arianrod9 said:

Reviews

I am curious how Jang will review this set. It's the best YouTube reviewer for me because he buys every set himself and is very critical. Sometimes he also other product from other brick companies. His recent review on the Orient express was not that good. Mos reviewers just get a set for free from the Lego company and ofcourse they are not as critical. It's kind of advertising actually. 

After reading some reviews and watching some speed build videos, I'm even more impressed with this set! There are several nifty details I hadn't been able to notice in earlier pics and videos: glowy Tr. Bright Orange tiles inside the inn's oven, various faction seals on the stickered envelopes, a puddle of melted wax below the candle in the shieldsmith's workshop, the way the paint splotches on the floor below the brush rack have pooled against the wall, and what I presume is ale or some other beverage in the barrel on the hand cart. I'm also able to better appreciate the cleverness of how rafters/supports for the roofs of the farmhouse and carpenter's workshop are constructed. Definitely eager to add it to my collection!

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

After reading some reviews and watching some speed build videos, I'm even more impressed with this set! There are several nifty details I hadn't been able to notice in earlier pics and videos: glowy Tr. Bright Orange tiles inside the inn's oven, various faction seals on the stickered envelopes, a puddle of melted wax below the candle in the shieldsmith's workshop, the way the paint splotches on the floor below the brush rack have pooled against the wall, and what I presume is ale or some other beverage in the barrel on the hand cart. I'm also able to better appreciate the cleverness of how rafters/supports for the roofs of the farmhouse and carpenter's workshop are constructed. Definitely eager to add it to my collection!

Yeah there were quite a few things I didn´t see in the pictures, such as the hatch in the carpenters house and some of the things mentioned in your post. The paint splotches are one thing, where, now that I´ve seen them, I have no idea how I could miss them lol. 

5 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Yeah there were quite a few things I didn´t see in the pictures, such as the hatch in the carpenters house and some of the things mentioned in your post. The paint splotches are one thing, where, now that I´ve seen them, I have no idea how I could miss them lol. 

The hatch I had figured out from a few of the pics from the original press release, but it's really awesome to see in video reviews just how smoothly it snaps open! I'd also noticed the paint splotches, but I thought they were all round tiles from the official pics — the semicircular ones against the back wall (underneath the clips for the paintbrushes) caught me by surprise!

Edited by Aanchir

On 2/21/2024 at 2:58 AM, HotdogBricks said:

Although I would love if Lego did this, I kind of doubt they will. I just wish they would at least make the sticker sheets available on pick a brick so you can buy extras. All the printed parts of this set will no doubt be available on pick a brick but if I wanted more of the dragon seal envelopes or the Ninjago missing goat sticker, I would have to go to Bricklink and place a separate order instead of just adding it when I buy the peasants. Lego is basically just turning down free money by not having sticker sheets available.

You used to be able to buy sticker sheets from the replacement parts service when it was a phone service with a little presenceon the website. But the price for them was very high, even compared to today's prices for capes and animals.

I looks really good next to MTS, now I must at least put it on my maybe list :wacko:

Edited by Roebuck

I personally think it's great, and looking forward to getting it. I was surprised at how good Snow White's cottage looked in the mix with them too. I expected it to look way too large, but it kind of works.

I’ll be buying it, just not day 1. I wish I had the time and space to build everything! Agreed, a Wolfpack (or decent pirate or space) GWP would be a trigger for me. 

7 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Give me a Wolfpack GWP with at least two Wolfpack minis and I'll buy this set. Saber Island as GWP would also make me purchase.

Honestly, a GWP based on 6038 could be really cool to see. We haven't had a four-wheeled carriage in any of the "new generation" medieval sets since the Medieval Blacksmith, and even that one didn't have front-wheel steering like 6038 did.

Of course, it'd probably have to be redesigned to use the 33mm wagon wheels instead of the 27mm ones, since the latter were discontinued over two decades ago (although funnily enough, the building steps for 6038 were drawn with the larger wagon wheels anyhow).

It would be nice to get a set in the future that includes the cheesemaker's parents and a cow, as in the lore. The set could also include wolfpack marauders robbing these poor peasants.

6 minutes ago, Nilker said:

It would be nice to get a set in the future that includes the cheesemaker's parents and a cow, as in the lore. The set could also include wolfpack marauders robbing these poor peasants.

Sounds like a great set. Strange they have not made a horse/ox drown carriage as a Castle GWP yet, after all those carriages was very common as sets back in the day :wacko: I was hoping earlier that such a GWP could include some farm animals missing in MTS, but since that basically is every one that is not happening and a horse or cow is the best we can hope for :hmpf_bad:

If anyone's getting on right now to get the Medieval Town Square, Student Beans is giving codes for the Blacktron Cruiser (free with $190 Purchase). For the USA region, at least. 

When you buy from Lego online, do they include the carton protection shipping box for this as well?

My order last week did. And the GWP arrived in its own small box.

4 hours ago, eldiano said:

When you buy from Lego online, do they include the carton protection shipping box for this as well?

For Lion Knight's Castle, I did.  For Eldorado, I did not.  Still, the box was pristine before I recycled it.

Thanks, I guess I shall see what they do, this time I managed to order this set online and not buy it in person for some reason. 

Back from the second biggest lego store in the world… but the set is not built and on display yet. The box looked smaller than I had imagined if it is any indication. Snow white cottage looking good though (for those of us who might be considering “medieval” options).

Just came back from purchasing the MTS in the nearest LEGO Store. Box is indeed smaller then I expected of a set this size.
And the set was on display in the store. It looked adorable.

Fun build. I’m really pleased with this set. Aside from the stickers, I think this thing is pretty much perfect. 

On 3/3/2024 at 4:50 PM, SirBlake said:

Fun build. I’m really pleased with this set. Aside from the stickers, I think this thing is pretty much perfect. 

Just curious about how long did it take you to build?  Also do you have the viking village?  I have the viking village and haven't built it yet and was wondering if the size is comparable.