BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I'm a little sick of people constantly wanting nostalgia pandering. I couldn't care less if a double axed shield wasn't in the set or it's a lion knight guard. They're obviously creating and expanding their new factions and people should stop constantly complaining when they don't get their childhood dream faction shield and figure in every single new castle set. Lego shouldn't have to constantly have callbacks to their previous themes or it's going to get stale FAST

But these sets are targeted towards nostalgia so I expect to get full nostalgia. And that means a Dragon Master and Wolfpack member with their iconic shields. 

By the way these are not my favourite factions. Black Falcons and Forrest people are. 

And if you get sick by reading our expectations.... Well don't read them. 

Starwars fans get spoiled every year. Is it too much that when we finally get a castle set some of us are dissapointed. 

I will defenitely adress this to the Lego company. 

When I was a kid in the pre internet era I wrote a letter directly to Lego Billund. Did that too with Namco Bandai Europe. 

Denmark is not to far away for me. Maybe I will take the car and drive to it in my holliday. 

Great Lego park by the way in Billund . For me the best park in the world! Really want to visit it again. Velkommen till Billund! (Danish for welcome to Billund) 

:pir-huzzah2: Skoll! 

I hope the next castle set is made out of nothing but minifigures and baby goats.

37 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

But these sets are targeted towards nostalgia so I expect to get full nostalgia. And that means a Dragon Master and Wolfpack member with their iconic shields. 

By the way these are not my favourite factions. Black Falcons and Forrest people are. 

And if you get sick by reading our expectations.... Well don't read them. 

Starwars fans get spoiled every year. Is it too much that when we finally get a castle set some of us are dissapointed. 

I will defenitely adress this to the Lego company. 

When I was a kid in the pre internet era I wrote a letter directly to Lego Billund. Did that too with Namco Bandai Europe. 

Denmark is not to far away for me. Maybe I will take the car and drive to it in my holliday. 

Great Lego park by the way in Billund . For me the best park in the world! Really want to visit it again. Velkommen till Billund! (Danish for welcome to Billund) 

:pir-huzzah2: Skoll! 

This is a forum where we get to express our thoughts, I'll keep commenting and reading. There's probably a reason why starwars gets "spoiled" every year 💵💵💵....

I've been buying every single castle thing put out by Lego recently and I only want slight nods to previous factions 🤷

1 hour ago, Doddsino said:

I hope the next castle set is made out of nothing but minifigures and baby goats.

Yes a battle pack! That would be great! Ofcourse minifigs with shields... 

1 hour ago, Doddsino said:

I'm seriously thinking about doing that with the medieval town square and just going with the minifigures. And of course goats. :wink: 

The stickers bothered me and made me doubt about it. With Barad-dûr in sight... 

It would be great if they made a format like the City people pack that existed back in the day but with Castle.

40 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

No no...I mean the castle set ITSELF is like a castle made out of minifigures and baby goats.

But that would be interesting to have a minifigure holding a shield...that was made out of another minifigure.

54 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

Or LOTR-like Dwarfish Battle Goats...

12 minutes ago, Doddsino said:

No no...I mean the castle set ITSELF is like a castle made out of minifigures and baby goats.

But that would be interesting to have a minifigure holding a shield...that was made out of another minifigure.

You'll have my support on Ideas if you design this.

Hire this person immediately Lego.

15 minutes ago, Doddsino said:

You should check out the Lego team's bonsais in that instruction manual.  Trees made of Minifigures!  And they say Lego isn't that violent 🤢

The piece that they use in Superhero sets to get them some off the ground works for handles for homemade shields.  Combine it with the snot bracket with a hole for the neck.  You might have to pop off the arms to make it look less like defacing a corpse....

Or maybe use the Friends paw print tile as decoration for Wolfpack?

15 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I'm not sure how much different the budget really is between Snow White's cottage and the town square. After all, several of the big complaints about this set also apply just as much to that one — it has lots of stickers, very few new non-minifig printed elements, and no large animals. They just aren't expected in that set like they are in this one because of the different theme and subject matter.

It does have a few things this set lacks, like a larger number of newly printed/recolored minifig parts, but also over 1000 bricks fewer for only a slightly lower price. So I suspect that the overall budget is probably similar, just allocated differently (more emphasis on figs and less emphasis on bricks).

I don't see a single sticker in the cottage set. (Continuing below)

15 hours ago, Mopasali said:

Disney fans tend to pay a lot for merchandise.  Maybe I'm the odd ball, but I prefer MTS to Snow White Cottage for value and play - yes, more figures (10 vs 8), but it is one building with very similar Minifigures for almost the same price.  It is an excellent interpretation from an iconic piece of culture, but it's one residential house ultimately with lots of similar accessories (several mining picks, beds, chairs, cups...) to accommodate the 7 dwarves.  I like dollhouse style, but many fans do not, and it's the price of a modular!  The largest animal is a bunny!  No horse for Prince Charming.  But the black Icons box is much better suited to the cottage.

A horse for Prince Charming would have been nice, and they could have also used it in 10332. But to me, it doesn't feel like the set is missing anything, and just look at how many new parts that set got. Not even counting whatever recolors there are (and maybe that tile used on the beds is a new part?), they got all of this:

• New print for the clock
  • New prints for all of the dwarfs's faces (not sure about Snow White and the prince)
  • New torsos for all of the dwarfs (again, not sure about the other two characters)
  • 2x2 round tile with squirrel printing
  • 1x1 square tile with owl printing
  • 2x3 tile with shutter printing
  • A light brick (not exclusive to this set, but it's an expensive part)
  • Two new hat molds in various colors - seven unique hats altogether, exclusive to this set
  • New diamond mold (it appears to me)
  • Two new beard molds
  • Almost forgot - three new prints for the queen

I'm probably missing some things, and there appear to be a lot of recolors on this set. Yeah, maybe the part count is smaller, but the design is much better than 10332 and there are a lot of new parts dedicated to this set. 10332 only has one new mold (the door) and it's not exclusive to that set. I think the cottage is a far better value for the money when you consider its design and plethora of unique elements. 10332 is a fine set, but it feels like an afterthought compared to many of the licensed sets they're releasing. And, like I said, 10305 had so many new parts, it felt very special, just like the Snow White set.

15 hours ago, Breakspear said:

*Controversial opinion incoming*

I can't believe I'm writing in defense of stickers, but here goes.

I have found the recent debate around TLG’s production cost management system (allocating a limited number of slots per set) quite instructive. It’s something I was only vaguely aware of previously. What I was aware of is that TLG almost bankrupted itself in the 2000's due to the uncontrolled expansion of its parts inventory.

With that in mind...

…rather than see the inclusion of stickers in the MTS as an inherent downgrade (which has been my own default mindset to date) it might be more productive to 'flip the script' and treat them an optional bonus. The designer didn't have to include stickers. He clearly used up his full allocation of production slots on new minifigure prints, the goat re-colour, the queen’s shield print, other parts re-colours etc. Presumably, he could have stopped there.

But he didn't. He choose to make intelligent use of a single sheet of 10(?) stickers (which requires just one production slot) to imbue the set with heaps of extra detail which would otherwise simply not appear. [If all the stickers were printed parts, they would require between 10-20 slots - I'm still a little vague on whether one printed part = one production slot or two].

As consumers/collectors, if forced to choose between the option of stickers or or nothing (i.e. blank bricks), I suspect many of us would choose stickers every time (even if - in our heart of hearts - we'd still prefer prints).

[To be clear, it’s totally valid to: a) have a personal preference for prints over stickers (I still do); b) question whether the production slot allocation for this specific set was appropriate given its target demographic; c) question TLG's consumer pricing strategy and the overall value for money of the set; d) question TLG's overall approach to setting production budgets.]

These are such great points. Of course a single set cannot satisfy all needs/tastes simultaneously. Yet without a diverse wave to cater to a range of interests - and with zero certainty over if, or how long, TLG will continue producing new Castle sets - the expectations placed on each one-off set are always sky-high.

I agree the level of criticism aimed at individual sets might decrease if there were regular waves of sets at varying price points/levels of complexity/quality.

In addition, I also think it would be helpful if TLG introduced a more transparent classification system to help buyers better identify the sets that were designed to cater to their particular wants/needs. The current age rating system for Lego Castle sets is broken, and the only clear distinction in consumer segmentation is whether something is released under Creator 3-in-1 or ICONs. ICONS and IDEAs are a complete grab bag of concepts, united only by black box packaging (mostly) and the 18+ rating.  A more sophisticated system might look something like how TLG markets its Star Wars sets: There is the Ultimate Collector Series (mid-large size, high price, high fidelity, high complexity sets designed for display), the Master Builder Series (Mid-large size, high price, high complexity sets, designed for play) and a range of age-appropriate children’s sets. (Mid-small size, low price, low complexity, low fidelity sets, designed for play). Greater transparency over target audience of a set might reduce the volume of spurious complaints (e.g critique's that a play set has poor displayability, or that a display set too large/too expensive/lacks play features etc) and help us to judge sets more fairly on their own merits.

I disagree with you when it comes to stickers. To me, stickers are often used as a substitute for creativity. They can be used tastefully. The Blacktron Cruiser used them merely in place of a printed element they couldn't bring back. The Wild West sets used them sparingly for signs. The Blacktron set was annoying because the stickers don't adhere well to the textured slope, but I think in principle, it was done tastefully.

I'm not a fan of stickers when they're used to add a "nostalgia factor" for no purpose. I think the set references are pretty tasteless. There's a mix of two things here that I'm not a fan of.

First, I don't like it when they minifigureize all of the decorations. I like how, for example, the old police station had a hand print on one of the elements. I think the Indian horses did also. The old Jolly Roger, likewise, had more realistic bones. The idea was that the minifigures represented real people. I don't like the idea that everything is so meta, like having a minifigure skull on the Jolly Roger or having paintings of minifigures on a tapestry. To me, it ruins the immersion. I feel like I'm looking at a cartoon where everything is silly. When I look at the old magazines, I feel like I myself am being transported to this fantastical world.

The other thing is that it's just references for the sake of references. It's not creative to just stick a drawing of an old set on a tile.

I do like it when they bring back old factions, but I'd rather see it as a continuation and expounding on previous ideas instead of just, "Hey, 'member that thing you loved when you were a kid?" I think 10305 did a pretty good job at bridging that gap. They did bring back old factions, but they did it in a fresh way and the castle wasn't just directly imitating the past. 10497 was less interesting to me as a set (it was a great parts pack at $40!) because I couldn't stop comparing it to the original, and I really preferred the original. If it was a completely new ship, I might have been more welcoming.

10332 does appeal to me for several reasons. I love the fact that the builds are essentially all original. They did do an homage to the Guarded Inn, but it wasn't replicated so closely as to make us compare them directly and judge the new one based on how faithfully they recreated it. It has several great new minifigures. (The tax collector could have been a CMF.) The gray goat is a really nice part. I wouldn't have chosen it over a new color of a larger animal, but it's probably my favorite goat of all three.

I'm curious to see how I feel once I've actually built the set. It looks like it does pair very nicely with the Lion Knights Castle.

The Medieval Town Square does it job well to compliment the Lion Knights' Castle in the same style.

I like the colors and looks of the Medieval Blacksmith, but it felt oversized to me. The Medieval Town Square has the proportions I wished for. Nevertheless I don't know I will get it.

The color scheme is a bit dull for LEGO, but it feels genuine.

The leaked image had given us all high expecations, so it's a bit of a letdown to get less minifigures and animals, as it would have made this town square more lively. I understand it pushes the price down, but it's still an expensive set (at least I do consider so). Only a bit more minifigures and animals wouldn't have put the set in a a completely other price range.

What really puts me off are some substantial issues:

-Why did they even consider such an ugly black box? The build doesn't even look remotely attractive on it. Why didn't they use a retro packaging like they did for the 10305 castle?

-What's the use of including a shield painter when there is only one decorated shield in the set? It makes it so obvious they have been cutting corners on this set.

-Why have there to be so many stickers? Most of them are unnecessary. I would rather have not seen stickers at all than those on the 1x2 tiles. The give us a beautiful wall tapestry, but of course it's a sticker. Why don't they do some brick built easter eggs instead? It's LEGO! Why don't they plan ahead and make some universal prints that could be used in multiple sets, like shutters, a parchment with unreadable notes and a sign for an inn? I really would have forgiven everything else if they had omitted the stickers.

So I don't think it's a bad build, but the set gives me the uncomfortable feeling LEGO is trying to do a cash grab. It makes me even feel so bad that it feels as if this set is not bringing me to the Middle Ages, but towards my LEGO dark ages.

Edited by Wesley D

I agree about the box. It also really brings home the fact that the "Icons" theme doesn't even make any sense. All adult sets go under one umbrella?

Another thought I have on this - why don't they make the size of the set correspond to the size of the budget? With the number of frames they had available for this set, it probably would have been better suited as a $150 set instead. The number of new elements they were allowed to create would have gone much further in a smaller set.

13 hours ago, Black Feather said:

You missed MY point.  I wasn’t talking about creative concepts like king or queen.  Just purely about parts which I cannot create on my own like torso or shield prints.  My only problem with the queen in LKC is that they used so many parts for that new character.  Especially a wasted torso instead of the double axe.  Would have annoyed me equally if it was a king or other new printed part hogging character.  But even that did not bother me too much in that set because they gave so much already.  Probably my favorite LEGO set.  Have two.  And God knows how much I spent on PAB.  But in the new set we only get one printed shield.  And again for that new character who already has a shield made just for her.  And nothing else.  So harder to overlook.

Your still not getting it that's ok whatever.  Once again you can make the shield for whoever you want it to be you don't have to follow what they said that's the beauty of lego you can choose to make that shield for whomever you want.  Just like you can buy parts and make a King figure.  You don't have to follow lego's storyline you can make your own.  

26 minutes ago, jodawill said:

[Snow White] got all of this

The dwarfs are nightmare fuel, the torso look like cartoon characters [admittedly..not surprising given the source material] and it's almost 1000 parts fewer than the village is.  Still the building itself looks great (despite being only a front half), I will try to recreate it out of my spare parts bin once instructions are available.

27 minutes ago, jodawill said:

like having a minifigure skull on the Jolly Roger

I do agree that the new Jolly Roger is awful compared to the old one.

25 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

The color scheme is a bit dull for LEGO, but it feels genuine.

I'm actually quite happy about the colors used here, I have so many bricks in the classic colors that getting more modern realistic ones is nice.

28 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

-Why did they even consider such an ugly black box?

Is this bait?  It's a box, just recycle it once you get it.

12 hours ago, Black Feather said:

You missed MY point.  I wasn’t talking about creative concepts like king or queen.  Just purely about parts which I cannot create on my own like torso or shield prints.  My only problem with the queen in LKC is that they used so many parts for that new character.  Especially a wasted torso instead of the double axe.  Would have annoyed me equally if it was a king or other new printed part hogging character.

Honestly, I would never call that a "wasted torso" just because it doesn't match a specific classic counterpart. I think it's perfectly reasonable for royalty/nobility to get a fancier torso print than the generic castle guards, archers, and footsoldiers they lead — hence why nearly all Castle themes since 1993 have made that sort of distinction. By contrast, having entirely different coats of arms for generic archers and generic castle guards from the same faction would feel a lot more superfluous to me, even if that is how things were for the Lion Knights back in the 80s.

And it's not as though the Lion Knights' Castle was somehow lacking for other new printed elements, either! After all, even with new torso, leg, shield, and cape prints for the lady of the castle, designers were still able to introduce two other lion shields, a double axe shield, three unique shields based on ones from 1978/1979 sets, two unique caparisons for the horses, two unique printed flags, etc.

If the designers had wanted to introduce a crossed axe torso, they could have easily done so in place of one of those other new printed elements in order to do so. After all, I doubt anybody would have complained if the castle interior had slightly fewer non-lion-patterned shields, or if the castle exterior only had one lion-patterned flag instead of two. But the designers apparently didn't consider it a priority to include Lion Knights without lion-patterned tabards… and why would they?

13 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

As someone whose first big castle set was royal knights drawbridge, the shield in the MTS is just close enough to trigger my nostalgia and I quite like it. 

It definitely gives me some Royal Knights vibes as well, as did the lady of thee castle's white tights in 10305!

I can't say I mind this sort of blending of motifs from these two subthemes, since I always kind of saw the Royal Knights as a sort of an evolution/re-imagining of the Lion Knights. In fact, in the UK and Germany the two factions' leaders even shared the same name (Sir Richard / Prinz Löwenherz of the Lion Knights and King Richard Lionheart / König Richard Löwenherz of the Royal Knights), implying that they may have portrayed the same character before and after ascending to the throne! And in the Netherlands, both factions were listed in catalogs under the same name, Leeuwenhart Ridders (Lionheart Knights).

13 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Would Wolfpack and Dragon Masters shields have been nice to have too? Sure, but we didn't get any so I don't see the point in whining about it constantly.

Yeah, I'm hoping that future sets might reuse the new torsos from these factions and introduce matching shields for them, but as it is I don't terribly mind the lack of shields for those factions in these two sets, particularly since it's not too hard to create your own shields using an unprinted shield and a custom sticker or decal.

In fact, while doing an image search for Wolfpack shields the other day to compare the old version of the logo to the newer design, I found this website which sells various custom-printed Castle elements, including shields with the updated Wolfpack logo and even with a modernized version of Dragon Masters/Dragon Knights logo! They're both gorgeous, if the images on the website are any indication.

I dunno how likely I am to order any shields from this person — they apparently will only ship orders over $45 to the US, and I'm not sure if they ship to Canada at all. But for any European fans in this thread who've said they would gladly pay LEGO a few euros more for shields like those to be included in this set, it seems to me like it'd be just as reasonable to pay a few euros to a fellow LEGO Castle fan who's gone out of their way to print the shield patterns that LEGO hasn't!

3 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Oh, that happens all the time in these parts (the forum). Nothing new there.

This is definitely a unique case, though, in that the survey LEGO sent out led to us getting leaked images and detailed descriptions waaaaaaay earlier than we would have gotten them otherwise. I can't think of any previous instances when images were leaked over a year in advance, especially for a Creator Expert/Icons set. In that regard, it's a little more like an Ideas set in that for a quite a while we had no idea how soon it would come out or how extensive the changes from the pictured version to the final set might be.

3 hours ago, Doddsino said:

You mean it won't even have any full-size adult goats? What a rip-off! :sarcasm:

6 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

and I'm not sure if they ship to Canada at all.

They do not, unfortunately. I've messaged them multiple times on instagram about it but all I get is a "we're working on it", and that was last year.

Edited by Sir Dano

I definately think there might be more Wolf Pack eventually, as they have Wolf Pack Archer, Chopper , Protector and Slicer (just different weapon types) as enemies in LEGO Fortnite (Alongside enemy Falcon Knight variants, and a Lion Knight friendly villager for hire)

I mean, Wolf Pack Archer is pretty much in this set , as the game uses crossbows .

Wolf_pack_archer_icon.png?width=325

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, jodawill said:

I don't see a single sticker in the cottage set.

A horse for Prince Charming would have been nice, and they could have also used it in 10332. But to me, it doesn't feel like the set is missing anything, and just look at how many new parts that set got. Not even counting whatever recolors there are (and maybe that tile used on the beds is a new part?), they got all of this:

• New print for the clock
  • New prints for all of the dwarfs's faces (not sure about Snow White and the prince)
  • New torsos for all of the dwarfs (again, not sure about the other two characters)
  • 2x2 round tile with squirrel printing
  • 1x1 square tile with owl printing
  • 2x3 tile with shutter printing
  • A light brick (not exclusive to this set, but it's an expensive part)
  • Two new hat molds in various colors - seven unique hats altogether, exclusive to this set
  • New diamond mold (it appears to me)
  • Two new beard molds
  • Almost forgot - three new prints for the queen

I'm probably missing some things, and there appear to be a lot of recolors on this set. Yeah, maybe the part count is smaller, but the design is much better than 10332 and there are a lot of new parts dedicated to this set. 10332 only has one new mold (the door) and it's not exclusive to that set. I think the cottage is a far better value for the money when you consider its design and plethora of unique elements. 10332 is a fine set, but it feels like an afterthought compared to many of the licensed sets they're releasing. And, like I said, 10305 had so many new parts, it felt very special, just like the Snow White set. 

• There is a sticker on the footboard of each of the seven dwarf beds, and four or five stickers for the woodland critter patterns on the pipe organ (which are not printed — you can see this more clearly in the full-resolution images from the "Download all assets" link on the LEGO newsroom page or The Brothers Brick's news article, particularly in the lifestyle photos ).
  • The clock print and diamond tile mold are not new.
  • Snow White, the Prince, and the Evil Queen were all released last year (with all the same face prints as in this set).
  • The only new non-minifig printed elements, as far as I can tell, are the printed shutter and owl tiles on the exterior and the printed "Snow White" tiles on the casket/display case. Though I can't quite tell if the pie labeled "Grumpy" in this picture is a print or a sticker — either way, I definitely overlooked it when making my previous comment.
  • The only new non-minifig mold, as far as I can tell, is the 2x2 half-circle tile used for the headboards and footboards of the dwarfs' beds. I suspect that this and the new beard molds may use new element frames that were reserved for this year's first wave of Disney sets (which otherwise lack any new molds of their own).
  • Only one of the hat molds is new (shared with the farmer child in the Medieval Town Square), though six of the hats are unique colors for their respective molds.
  • The only new recolors I can see aside from the hats include the 2x3x2/3 rock plate in Flame Yellowish Orange, Seaweed in White • 1x2 half-cylinder panel in Reddish Brown, and short legs in Bright Yellowish Green.

So yeah, the dwarves themselves include several new printed elements and recolors. There are also three or four non-minifig printed elements, three or four new molds (depending if you count the pointed hat shared with Medieval Town Square), and three non-minifig recolors. By comparison, the Medieval Town Square has two new non-minifig printed elements (counting the goat), one or two new molds (depending if you count the pointed hat), and at least four non-minifig recolors. And you're right, there IS also the added cost of a light brick. But overall, I don't think any of that suggests the Snow White set had a vastly larger budget, especially since the huge difference in price per piece probably helps to absorb a lot of those costs.

You mention that the cottage seems fine without a horse, but this is the exact same perspective I have about 10332 (if anything, I think a sheep would add more appeal to the set than a cow or a horse, since it'd complement both the dairy and the weaver's workshop). I also disagree about the cottage having a much better design. Both designs seem pretty strong in my book, though it's hard to make a really fair 1:1 comparison between a set with one big building and a set made up of multiple smaller ones

Moreover, if LEGO were to release a non-licensed Castle equivalent in place of the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage, it would probably be met with plenty of the same complaints as the Medieval Blacksmith — it's too large a scale compared to other Castle buildings (but also too expensive for its size), it's too brightly colored, the roof and walls look too orderly instead of uneven and ramshackle, the architecture is "Disneyland-ish" and inauthentic, and it reuses common animals instead of introducing more unique ones like a hare or goat. And that's without even touching on the cottage's "dollhouse style" open back!

But again, because it's a Disney set, it's judged according to very different expectations than a non-licensed Castle set would be: for instance, screen-accuracy, number of iconic scenes that can be recreated, and number and accuracy of its unique film characters (as opposed to historical accuracy, army-building potential, number of printed shields, number of new/unique animals, or how compatible it is with other sets it shares a theme with).

2 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

They do not, unfortunately. I've messaged them multiple times on instagram about it but all I get is a "we're working on it", and that was last year.

Bummer. In my case I could theoretically have an order delivered to my family's house in the States and pick it up next time I go there to visit, but I'm not sure whether I'd have enough stuff I want to make an order worthwhile, so I guess it's sort of a moot point.

Edited by Aanchir

Does anyone know if we will be able to pre-order the MTS before March 1? I would really like to get the CS Micro Rocket Launchpad GWP if I'm gonna buy the MTS anyway.

8 hours ago, Aanchir said:

one or two new molds (depending if you count the pointed hat),

To be frank it had 0 new moulds, the door comes in another set the designer said so in a interview and the hat was off course made for the Snow White set and not MTS (SWC could also have gotten help from other sets with some of their moulds off course) :shrug_oh_well:

On 2/15/2024 at 8:30 PM, DonQuixote said:

There are small companies that do custom printing on official Lego bricks and their quality is even better then Lego(especially white printing) according Jangbricks (a well known independent Lego reviewer) . If they can do it, I am sure a multinational can do it to. 

I think quality is a bit subjective as what is important to you can affect quality. I'm with you on printing light colours over dark. LEGO still messes this up (but not all the time). Also important for me is printing across parts matching. I find it so annoying when a print goes from torso to legs or dress, and lines are not perfectly aligned. Even if they are, there is still a border where LEGO do not print all the way to the edes. Clone manufacturers et round this by printing torsos and legs together, so there is a perfect match and continuity. 

Whether you’re disappointed in the set or not, sharing my recent discovery of “castle world moc” which recycles 10305 into a bunch of smaller medieval builds. There is some pretty decent stuff in there (only the boat doesn’t do it for me but it’s understandable as he went with what spare parts he had left). Given the price of 10305 there won’t be many willing to get a second but the moc offers good inspiration for potential additions to MTS provided one has the parts.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

To be frank it had 0 new moulds, the door comes in another set the designer said so in a interview and the hat was off course made for the Snow White set and not MTS (SWC could also have gotten help from other sets with some of their moulds off course) :shrug_oh_well:

And in which other set exactly would this new door mould be? Is this particular set already out?

9 hours ago, GreenhouseBricker said:

Does anyone know if we will be able to pre-order the MTS before March 1? I would really like to get the CS Micro Rocket Launchpad GWP if I'm gonna buy the MTS anyway.

Not available for pre-order.