Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 heroes and 3 villains, huh?

My guess is Harry, Ron, Molly, Voldy, Bellatrix, and Scabior :shrug_oh_well:

Narcissa would also be cool though.

2 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Lucius would also make as little sense as Narcissa for that matter.

2011 set: “And I took that personally” :grin:

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

2011 set: “And I took that personally” :grin:

Professor Sprout was a strange choice for that set as well. But that was her minifigure debut, so I guess it can be excused especially since she was long overdue.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to get a Narcissa Malfoy in the Battle of Hogwarts set.  She isn't involved in the actual fighting, but most of her screentime from the entire series is during the day of the battle, lego doesn't seem to lean into the action scenes too heavily and it's as good an opportunity as any to give us arguably the most notable missing character since the 2018 reboot.

I think it all boils down to which part of the Battle of Hogwarts the set is meant to represent. Obviously the Fiendfire in the RoR bit is already covered, but that leaves a lot of other options. The initial confrontation with Snape and the Carrows? The initial charge featuring the stone statues and exploding bridge? The chaos when the trio are making their way to the boathouse when we see Greyback attacking Lavender and Aberforth repelling the dementors? Most people are assuming the final portion of the battle where Voldemort and Bellatrix meet their final ends, but there are other options that would entail entirely different minifigures. 

I do think that the final duels is the most likely (and most demanded) option. In which case Harry and Voldemort, Molly and Bellatrix, and hopefully Ron and Nagini are given. The last minifigure is more up to debate, but personally, with Malfoy Manor and the Forbidden Forest confrontation having decent chances of being made in the future, I’d rather see a death eater that actually participated in the fighting get featured. 

On 11/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, Robert8 said:

I think a HP remake is bound to happen, but not just yet. I hope it will be a series though. With one season per book. 

Called it :oh: It's even rumored to being one season per book

It's kind of a shame that no one sticks to nda's anymore. Nearly everyone is leaking only for a few likes and attention.

23 minutes ago, Xcube said:

It's kind of a shame that no one sticks to nda's anymore. Nearly everyone is leaking only for a few likes and attention.

True but people get desperate when certain leakers and channels withhold info that they’ve known for months. 

A reboot of the HP series does not speak well for the longevity of this theme. I was hoping HP would become a permanent Lego staple like SW, but if in a few years there is a new reboot, will Lego keep making sets for the original movies? I hope so anyway.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Called it :oh: It's even rumored to being one season per book

Not gonna watch a single second of that. Why is EVERYTHING being turned into cheap streaming shows now? Are they really that financially viable?

And if they do sets, I’m not gonna buy them. I might be a completionist (sort of), but I do have standards too :tongue:

I would've been much more excited if it was animated.

If we get this series, I wonder how this'll affect the theme. I don't think WB would like LEGO to make sets based on movies if they have a brand new series coming out. (Obviously I don't mean right now, but in like two years.)

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not gonna watch a single second of that.

I will probably watch it and give it a chance.. However I prefer something new and original like Fantastic beast, but the people with money making them only wants to back "safe" things so then we end up with mostly new versions of every thing successful in the past :hmpf:

I do not understand with the desperate need the studios have for new fantasy ideas why not anything from Brandon Sanderson has been made yet *huh*:wacko:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not gonna watch a single second of that.

'We do not speak of it.'

Never before have I felt an affinity with a spider. :rofl:

Any HP tv series is about a decade off, so Lego don't need to decide not to make sets on it for a while yet 😁

As for Narcissa, she has, if I remember right, four outfits - Spinner's End, Borgin and Burke's, Malfoy Manor and Battle of Hogwarts. I think a Spinner's End one is very unlikely, but she's probably to show up in any set based on the other three. Maybe not this BoH, but one in the future perhaps

15 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

We are getting a WWW set outside of DA so it’s possible that we will eventually get a Mine cart set or Dragon escape set in the distant future. 

Surely that distant future has to just be the upcoming D2C right? No clue how they could do a $430 Gringotts without those two. 

As for the Battle of Hogwarts figures Harry, Ron, and Voldemort feel essential. A repeat of Neville (plus Nagini) also seems like a given if they want this to be the complete battle. That only leaves room for two more figures, both need to be villains and at least one or two probably need to be female characters. Luckily Ron and probably Voldemort are the only characters that need any new prints which should leave a decent amount of budget. Narcissa is an obvious choice imo. A character recognizable enough to make it to the pre-2018 reboot line and one collectors have been wanting. I imagine they’d go all out on this figure since it would be the one selling the set to minifig collectors. Bellatrix seems like a safe voice for the remaining villain, maybe with a printed dress this time around.

The 3v3 setup makes me think this could have some kind of duel/battle function like we occasionally see in Star Wars sets. To represent the Harry/Voldemort duel this would probably be placed inside another set of courtyard modules (just what this interior focused line needs) like the Sirius Escape set had. Hopefully this time they’ll include more than half the floor so it’s actually functional vertically in the modular system. As for the rest of the interior maybe we will get a room with a random toilet to pair with our room with a random sink. My expectations are so low after the ROR I’ll be praising them if they manage to include even one complete wall. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom
Text sizing after cut/paste

I’ve had a thought - if Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes is a regular system set we will see it well before Gringotts. 

I can’t remember if WWW is set for a June or August release but it will be interesting to see how different or similar it is to the existing layout 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’d rather see a death eater that actually participated in the fighting get featured. 

This is one of the very few instances where the screen accuracy they‘ve been going for in the reboot is a detriment to the set. OotP Death Eaters are near the top of my wishlist, but they most likely won‘t include one here since they were all unmasked for the battle. I know it‘s symbolic of Voldy‘s take-over, but it‘s still a bit silly to completely remove the intimidation factor. It’d be like Stormtroopers running into battle with their helmets removed :tongue:

So the pool of potential baddies is Voldy, Bellatrix, Scabior, Narcissa, Lucius, random unmasked Death Eater (booooooooo!!!), and Fenrir. Hope it‘s the first three :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I can’t remember if WWW is set for a June or August release

Brick Clicker said it will be part of the June release.

I'm just curious - if people know more about the sets (such as the figs) why is it that they don't want to share this information if they've already shared some information (like set names)? Don't all leaks go against Lego's terms? Or can more specific information be used to identify? 

I just find it curious that PromoBricks says she is waiting for the Okay to release her already filmed video, and why brickbrat can only drop vague hints, but obviously it's up to them what, and when, they want to share. 

42 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

[…] but obviously it's up to them what, and when, they want to share. 

They better hurry up if they still wanna report their scoop :laugh: Last year‘s sets were officially revealed at the beginning of April, after all!

The fact I‘m only excited for one of the June sets is pretty sad though. Even 2021 had more to offer!

21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The fact I‘m only excited for one of the June sets is pretty sad though. Even 2021 had more to offer!

I realised this the other day. The only 2023 sets I’m particularly interested in are The Second Task, Room of Requirement, and Battle of Hogwarts. Hopefully that’s enough to get the Gringotts vault GWP! Unless they make it exclusive with Gringotts, that is… I’m obviously interested in that too, but won’t get it for some time.

Microscale Hogwarts MAY be a buy, I’ll see. Buildable Patronus I can take it or leave it. Hogwarts Express I might get if the stations good and sell the train bags. Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes will be superseded by plans to get Diagon Alley at some point, but may Bricklink any good figures. Others, I’m really not bothered about.

Oh well, more to spend on past big sets I’m yet to get! And also some good upcoming Icons/Ideas set. And I’m sure there’ll be many Indiana Jones sets to collect, right…?

Edited by sammy_zammy

6 figures is not many for a big castle section, the past big ones had about 8 in them. 
It could take a ‘Battle of Five Armies’ approach with a representative of each faction:

Teacher: McGonagall (black dress)

OotP: Mrs. Weasley 

Student: Seamus Finnigan (we are overdue a older version of him)

Death Eater: Bellatrix and/or Carrows

Snatcher: Fenrir and/or Scabior

plus Harry and Voldy (perhaps using green ghost legs to show him flying)

I have last years AC and don’t fancy another Neville.. but a new Hagrid print would be awesome 

Edited by Bugbot20082

I got a Cho polybag on BrickLink for £5.50 because I was already buying a Ravenclaw Banner 3D card insert since mine had a printing error on the fire and Lego customer services sent me a replacement sticker sheet instead of 3D card. :facepalm: Hopefully I'll get a second polybag as a GwP this summer. :grin_wub:

Edited by NostalgicBricks

11 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I'm just curious - if people know more about the sets (such as the figs) why is it that they don't want to share this information if they've already shared some information (like set names)? Don't all leaks go against Lego's terms? Or can more specific information be used to identify? 

I just find it curious that PromoBricks says she is waiting for the Okay to release her already filmed video, and why brickbrat can only drop vague hints, but obviously it's up to them what, and when, they want to share. 

It’s pretty common to sign NDAs with anything unreleased. I don’t know if TLG requires that, but the employees and LAN members have certainly agreed to the rules in some form. A few people that tease information seem to have no ties to TLG, so my guess is they don’t want to say enough to get the friend that shared info or pics with them in trouble.

Promobricks has tagged posts with #LAN before, so they would need permission from TLG. She hinted more info would be coming this week sometime so I imagine they have an estimated date and are waiting for a green light.

Tbh the grass is greener for us than them. Being a part of creating or viewing something before everyone else is special, but not being able to talk about it with other fans for months or even a year sometimes, is more frustrating. We will know soon enough and then we get to start speculating details of the next wave 😅