Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

Newsboy and Orc look great, I’m very pleased with them. 

I love the Gundam Robot. The colors look nice and the helmet works. 

Otherwise, everything looks good. Looking to forward to seeing the reviews for the alternate face prints and other details. 

Is that a round football? Nice to see it again after its last time in 2006

I love most of them, they are all so cute :)

Edited by Lira_Bricks

For me only the news boy is interesting. Unfortunately the lady has a yellow neckline on the torso :shrug_confused:

I guess i am the only one, but i don't like to see a Black Falcon Archer and Classic Space Astronaut in this series since they could have been part of regular sets and thus occupy two spots of only 12.

Personally, I think this is an excellent series. My personal favorite is the newsboy. I'm really curious to see which ones my kids gravitate towards!

7 hours ago, MAB said:

The joy of the CMF used to be that figures were different to regular sets. The orc is also a disappointment for me. From the neck down it looks like a Chima figure or a Nexo Knights villain. The jaw piece is interesting, but I cannot see myself getting an army of these and one on his own makes little sense.

Well, he has this new jaw piece and arm printing. I can't see much difference to the cmf 13-Goblin, which pretty much everyone liked back then.

To be honest that is why I like him. In my opinion the Middle Earth Orcs looked terrible. Especially the mouths are really creepy, so they compelety lack the goofy/cute vibe a minifigure should have to some degree in my opinion no matter what character it is supposed to be. Nexo knights had in my opinion great orcs. I'd have preferred them in olive green, but they still work in red. They are quite cartoonish, but well... like I said: minifigs should be like that in my opinion^^ They look good next to Castle trolls. If the chima aligators die not have these strange blue or yellow symbols ok their chest I could see them as pretty orcs, too. My little orc horde consists of completely unique figures and not a single one shares a piece with the next one - except for a few elite Uruk-Hai. I will certainly add that little guy. For people less picky than me It is a great chance to combine him with different chima legs, which are very cheap and get at least a bit of varriation. There are also some olive green heads available to give him different eyes. That was a huge problem with the Sand green Castle Trolls.

Edited by Gorilla94

I think the Black Falcon archer and her actual falcon both look great now that we have the larger pics.

The Space print depicts a sleeping space baby. That's of somewhat limited use, but it's still neat I guess.

Now with bigger pics, the Orc, Rococo Aristocrat and Robot Warrior are my favorites in that order

The Falconer's hair looks so jarring and unnatural... it kind of ruins to me. Brown or black would had been better

Also, it seems the Rockin Horse Rider face is a reuse from set 60287

58 minutes ago, danth said:

The Space print depicts a sleeping space baby. That's of somewhat limited use, but it's still neat I guess.

I just realized that too. So, yes, on the one hand, limited use. But on the other SLEEPING SPACEBABY MONITOR! Ha ha! I love that!

43 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Falconer's hair looks so jarring and unnatural... it kind of ruins to me. Brown or black would had been better

omg I thought I was the only one feeling like that. I'll prob get that figure, but will defo change the hairpiece

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I guess i am the only one, but i don't like to see a Black Falcon Archer and Classic Space Astronaut in this series since they could have been part of regular sets and thus occupy two spots of only 12.

What regular sets? While Castle has been getting some love recently, it has no dedicated line and hasn't in nearly a decade. Now appearing only in Ideas, Creator, and Icons (anniversary). Classic Space happens to get an anniversary set this year, but otherwise the only reasons we have seen any Classic Space sets in recent years is due to the Lego Movies. Typically we only see Classic Space minifigs in books, CMFs. I think you're falling prey to recency bias because Castle and Classic Space both have big sets right now, but you're not taking into account how rare that is. Castle and Space (various) are are also staples of CMF and definitely belong in this series

6 minutes ago, DentedFrood said:

What regular sets? While Castle has been getting some love recently, it has no dedicated line and hasn't in nearly a decade. Now appearing only in Ideas, Creator, and Icons (anniversary). Classic Space happens to get an anniversary set this year, but otherwise the only reasons we have seen any Classic Space sets in recent years is due to the Lego Movies. Typically we only see Classic Space minifigs in books, CMFs. I think you're falling prey to recency bias because Castle and Classic Space both have big sets right now, but you're not taking into account how rare that is. Castle and Space (various) are are also staples of CMF and definitely belong in this series

You said that better than I could, but yes. Agreed on all points.

Everything looks good but I think I'll limit my collecting to the spaceman, orc, t-rex, carrot, and falconer. The rest are nice but they don't really grab me. The koala is cute...hope to see that in other sets.

Edited by CDM

Welp, I'm in love! The referee is the only one with no personal interest for me, and even so, that soccer ball would be a good addition to the LEGO minifig toy collection.

Edited by Karalora

I'm loving this series. The only 2 I don't actively want are the carrot man and the footie ref.  Good that only the ones that really need it have exposed skin in Thier torsos, making change skintones easy and making the parts much more reusable. I guess I'll rank them from worst to best ( just how much I like them)

12- football ref: I don't like football and yellow clothes on yellow figs always looks off, also I think the traditional black and white would have been more obviously a reffree but she does have some useful parts, like her hair.

11- carrot man: the costumes were fun at first but there are so many of them that they have to be something special now if they want draw my interest. The sign is fun and the parts he has under the costume might be useful, nice to see he isn't just plain underneath.

10- rocking horse girl: well she's kinda boring ( old face? I think so) but the rocking horse makes up for it. Glad it's in tan, as that makes it more reusable for historical settings.

9 -Koala man: I am only here for the koala well not really. The legs use good, torso isn't much use to me, head seems alright. And whilst it's not of much use to me I like the hat hair as it's got curly hair which can be hard to find. ( Couldn't find any hair like mine in animal crossing or Pokémon, I tend to use Frodo hair in sigfigs but I'd like to see Mirabel's hair in brown or dark brown)

8- potter: not a useful fig but I like it a lot, and the bowl and cup will be useful. I like the 'towel hat' though I'd have prefer a more muted colour for it.

7 - robot - not really useful to me at all but it's cool.

6- newsboy, I like it. Honestly the outfit makes me think of Anne with an E. Useful parts too.

5- classic space dad : I don't have classic space nostalgia, I was born at the tail end of the nineties but I've come to appreciate the classic spacemen. Brown is a boring colour for this context but I guess they don't want to use all the colours up too soon. I'd have rathered real or the new neon yellow or coral but it is a new colour for it so that's good. The baby spaceman is great though and the classic space styled baby monitor is funny.

4- Dino dude: a suit guy done well, one head away from being a dino humanoid.

3- Falcon archer. A great fig but a new member for the faction, I'd not have go for an archer as they can easily reuse the soilder torso. But another historical warrior is always appreciated. And I'll take some for my black falcon army ( I have already made archer with the solider torso but I will definitely find a use. The new falcon is awesome too.

2 - Ork : I will get of many as these as I can. , I'm not super sure on the chima styles legs, I'd have rathered him booted but I'm not gonna complain this is a fig I desperately want. I'm also not sure if I'll keep the neck attachment on or not, I might mix a few up to get some more variety in an orcish horde. I'll have to wait to see it in the 'flesh'. Love the shield .

1-Lego Marie Annetonette is a massive Win. Love the new wig piece. Glad to get the big dress as I never got the queen CMF, and the dog is just a bonus.

Overall a return to form and one of the best lineups ever from an official CMF series ( @Robert8 still has the crown of unlincensed CMF king).

3 hours ago, DentedFrood said:

Small castle, big castle, Blacksmith, Galaxy Explorer...yes, that is exactly what i was talking about. While i had castle sets in my childhood, but i guess, i don't suffer from nostalgia :laugh:

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

35 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

12- football ref: I don't like football and yellow clothes on yellow figs always looks off, 

Her torso is the new neon yellow though, not just yellow. In person it will look noticeably different.

4 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Those bags are pink, not purple!

I’d call it magenta personally, it’s got a noticeably more purple cast to it but it’s definitely not straight purple 

It occurs to me that the Potter's headwrap would be very easy to repurpose for a Brazilian or Colombian folk costume.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Her torso is the new neon yellow though, not just yellow. In person it will look noticeably different.

Oh whoops, still think it wasn't the right choice but I wouldn't care about a referee figbeither way.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

3- Falcon archer. A great fig but a new member for the faction, I'd not have go for an archer as they can easily reuse the soilder torso. But another historical warrior is always appreciated. And I'll take some for my black falcon army ( I have already made archer with the solider torso but I will definitely find a use. The new falcon is awesome too.

Also meant to say that this would've been then prefect opportunity to introduce a hip mounted quiver or even better a hip belt with a stud on the side of the leg and a quiver part that attaches to one stud.

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Small castle, big castle, Blacksmith, Galaxy Explorer...yes, that is exactly what i was talking about. While i had castle sets in my childhood, but i guess, i don't suffer from nostalgia :laugh:

As said, those sets are recent, but they are not common.

TLG seems to have a lot of nostalgia themselves. If anything this series is quite well rounded and has almost everything covered, but now that you mention it we're missing a pirate 🏴☠️  😜 

I'll probably get at least 8 of the figs, of castle and space I'll probably get multiple, but I have a display plan I'm working on for the new big castle. It's my first castle. I had castle figs but never a castle

Amazing series. I have a few must have faves. The hairpiece on the Rococo Aristocrat though :grin_wub:. imagine of they'd have given her a mini cake or the pie piece and voila, Marie Antoinette. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It is oddly bright for a Medieval Minifig, but considering that we already have the part used in both brown and black, I am fine with getting a recolour that can be used in another theme. 

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

12- football ref: I don't like football and yellow clothes on yellow figs always looks off, also I think the traditional black and white would have been more obviously a reffree but she does have some useful parts, like her hair.

I think that she looks good; neon yellow is a common colour for referees’ shirts, so it looks obvious to me (and I have actually never seen the black-and-white design from the previous Minifig used). Just as an aside, I think that this Minifig may be based on Stéphanie Frappart

86175_71037_Group_Pose_10_01.jpgreferee-stephanie-frappart-during-the-ga 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman