MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

EDIT: wait, i did get a card this year. Very convoluted story that involves potentially multiple hitmen/hitwomen and the revival of lego bionicle, though, so we're gonna skip it to avoid going just entirely off topic

At this point, I truly do not know if you are joking or not! 

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The marvel mechs tend to get new figs, but at the same time I really doubt Vader or the Stormie will be new. MAAAAybe boba, but they could totally re-use the mandoverse fig.

Rebels/R1/ANH Vader would just need a new torso print (legs and arms from the existing one can be reused), so that is a possibility for his mech. As for the Stormtrooper, I hope that we at least get a pauldron or something to make it unique (and that the torso and legs revert to their 2019 designs!). 

1 minute ago, pittpenguin123 said:

saw this posted. whats the source of this cmf rumor? ive been looking through this thread and cant find any mention of it but then again this thread is really big https://imgur.com/a/N1ZPbPZ

This is complete and utter Bantha poodoo; the terms of the Star Wars license prohibit LEGO from selling individual Minifigs (to avoid cutting into Hasbro’s market), so the earliest that we could even think about SW CMFs is the early 2030’s (when the license is up for renegotiation). 

25 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Still no info on the May D2C besides the price? It's obviously not buildable Chewie now that we know that's coming later in the year.

Wondering about this, too. How do we have ample concrete info on stuff for August/September, but nothing but price point and set number for the May D2C?

The last time I can remember the May D2C leaking really late was the UCS A-Wing in 2020. I think the info on that leaked only about 2 weeks or so before its release.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

And this is why we can't have nice things (the trend of this thread in general, not the imgur post).

Consider this an official warning to get this topic back on target.

There's a time and a place to rant and even speculate. But you've been given 5 pages to do that and now we need to give it a rest.

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Source of the original post (not a leaker). 

thanks for that. i wasnt sure if it was total crap or some one on this thread actually said that or not (IG post is def not a leaker but wasnt sure if he made it up it being posted here)

What We Know: 

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

August
75358: Young Jedi Adventures 4+ ($39.99 - 124 pcs)
75359: ($24.99 - 108 pcs)
75360: ($34.99 - 253 pcs) ⬅️ One of these sets is a Republic Swamp Speeder
75361: ($$$ - 526 pcs)
75363: The Mandalorian’s N-1 Starfighter Microfighter ($14.99 - 88 pcs)
75365: Yavin IV Temple ($159.99 - 1,067 pcs)
75366: Advent Calendar ($44.99 - 320 pcs)
75368: Buildable Mech ($14.99 - 139 pcs) 
75369: Buildable Mech ($14.99 - 155 pcs) ⬅️ Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper mechs
75370: Buildable Mech ($14.99 - 138 pcs)

September
75354: ($$$ - 1,083 pcs)
75362: Ahsoka Series ($69.99 - 599 pcs)
75364: Ahsoka Series ($99.99 )
75367: 2HY D2C Set ($649.99 - 5,374 pcs)
75371: Buildable Chewbacca ($199.99 - 2,320 pcs)

75363 includes Mando and Grogu, and 75365 includes 12+ ANH characters. The advent calendar will include a Christmas-themed Ewok that has already leaked (light grey/white with a green patterned hood). 

All else is speculation (both educated and otherwise). 

26 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

At this point, I truly do not know if you are joking or not! 

Rebels/R1/ANH Vader would just need a new torso print (legs and arms from the existing one can be reused), so that is a possibility for his mech. As for the Stormtrooper, I hope that we at least get a pauldron or something to make it unique (and that the torso and legs revert to their 2019 designs!). 

I am not, oddly enough (though the hitmen are more speculatory). But it's not remotely related to this thread by any stretch of the imagination.

I doubt that vader and the stormtrooper will be new figs. Feels like just extra effort for lego, since very few people would be moved to buy the set if Vader had a different torso. (A stormtrooper pauldron might be a little better, but also seems even more unlikely to me given that lego likes to skip out on cloths for minifigs whenever possible now)

21 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Wondering about this, too. How do we have ample concrete info on stuff for August/September, but nothing but price point and set number for the May D2C?

The last time I can remember the May D2C leaking really late was the UCS A-Wing in 2020. I think the info on that leaked only about 2 weeks or so before its release.

D2Cs tend to leak much later than other sets. I don't think we knew about R2 at this point. The Landspeeder leaked really early IIRC but that was the exception, not the rule.

12 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

And this is why we can't have nice things (the trend of this thread in general, not the imgur post).

Consider this an official warning to get this topic back on target.

There's a time and a place to rant and even speculate. But you've been given 5 pages to do that and now we need to give it a rest.

That's fair.

My final thoughts on today's leaks, for now at least:

$200 buildable Chewbacca: no

$15 mechs: I guess I can kind of understand why these exist, but I don't think they'll do well. None of the characters chosen are particularly hard to get right now, and I think most kids generally want stuff that they've actually seen in a movie or show.

$35 swamp speeder: this is a fighter tank type set, is my guess. Depending on which clone legion it has, I might get it, provided the ISP itself looks good. Can't imagine it won't though, the designs been nailed since 2010.

$160 Yavin: Dream come true, but ironically I might not get it. another $160 set just isn't affordable, especially with the money and space Rivendell's going to take up.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

(To be clear I am not a member of mech gang, but they will undoubtedly sell very well.)

That sounds exactly like something a member of mech gang would say.

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My final thoughts on today's leaks, for now at least:

$200 buildable Chewbacca: no

$15 mechs: I guess I can kind of understand why these exist, but I don't think they'll do well. None of the characters chosen are particularly hard to get right now, and I think most kids generally want stuff that they've actually seen in a movie or show.

$35 swamp speeder: this is a fighter tank type set, is my guess. Depending on which clone legion it has, I might get it, provided the ISP itself looks good. Can't imagine it won't though, the designs been nailed since 2010.

$160 Yavin: Dream come true, but ironically I might not get it. another $160 set just isn't affordable, especially with the money and space Rivendell's going to take up.

Ditto most of this.

I think with respect to the mechs, it makes a lot of sense why we're getting them, though I'm a bit surprised they went with a Stormtrooper and not, like, Kylo Ren or Darth Maul or someone.  When I was at the age that these mechs will mostly target, battle packs were sort of a brand new thing, and I remember thinking they were cool, but I probably would've been equally as into (or more interested in) an opportunity to get named characters at a cheap price point.  For whatever reason, in the early-mid 2000s, it was freaking impossible to get most named OT characters in cheap sets (cheap being like $30 or less).  I legitimately don't think I owned any other than pilot Luke (from the 2007 Echo Base that was a gift) and ROTJ Luke (from a watch).  If I could've gotten a Boba Fett or Darth Vader in a $15 set, I would've jumped at the chance, and I'd imagine kids today will (though I'm not entirely sure why they're putting out Boba while he also has a Microfighter on shelves).

8 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think with respect to the mechs, it makes a lot of sense why we're getting them, though I'm a bit surprised they went with a Stormtrooper and not, like, Kylo Ren or Darth Maul or someone.

Probably the same reason they started the helmets and dioramas with only OT: because they can know with confidence that OT sets will sell a normal amount, and therefore they can look at how well they do as a measure of how much people like the concept without any extraneous factors. If they did a mech for the prequels or sequels, that could skew things positively (prequel fans buying 35 Maul mechs) or negatively (Star Wars fans pistol-whipping every eight-year-old who tries to buy a sequel set). By just doing OT characters, they can see how much people want the mechs as an overall line.

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

What 8 year old prefers a made up Vader mech to a figure pack with 3 figures and a build?

I posted something about this last night my time, which was admittedly like 10 pages back now, but a) TLG should have enough data from the Marvel mechs to indicate this is going to generate the sales they're looking for and b) the target market is more like parents or relatives looking for a cheapish present or impulse buy that won't break the bank. Plus the adults buying will likely recognise the OT characters themselves and be more willing to purchase vs various clone battalions they know little about.

It can't be a coincidence that the mechs are allegedly launching with an almost identical line up to how the helmet line began, just swap out a black helmeted TIE pilot for black helmeted Vader. Either it's a tried and true (and successful) formula, or they're just going with old faithfuls.

Well, I just read the last 8 pages for some reason, so I suppose I might as well throw in my 2 cents. Yavin IV is very cool. Kid me was always disappointed that the one from the Visual Dictionary wasn't an actual set, so if this one turns out good then I might get it at some point.

I saw some people suggest that the $650 D2C could be the Sail Barge, but I cannot see that happening. Maybe I lack the right mindset but I just can't imagine why it would need to be that big. 

As for the OT Battle Pack thing, I kind of agree. I think it's just a combination of Lego having a ton of material to cover and only one battle pack a year. Even if they do a 4 year cycle with OT -> PT/CW -> ST -> D+/Miscellaneous stuff, or even ignore ST altogether, I think it's obvious that the current system severely limits how much we can actually get. I guess if you want to start army building Stormies you'd better make room for a whole bunch of mechs too.

I was taking a hiatus from the Lego Community but this news inspired me to log on and join in on the discussion. This news is… interesting to say the least. 

-The $15 mech sets sound like lame, uninspired cashgrabs… that are probably going to be really successful with kids. I mean, when’s the last time you could get Darth Vader in a $15 set? Unless these for some reason come with some new exciting variants, these are going to be easy passes.

-I want some of what the Lego designers were smoking when they decided that a $200 Buildable Chewbacca was a good idea. I used to roll my eyes whenever I would see people say “who asked for this?” or “nobody wanted this” with unpopular set choices but I’ve been finding myself doing just that fairly often these days. Nobody was clamoring for something like this, and I thought all the posts about this idea from a while back were just memes. My indifference towards a lot of these large 18+ buildable objects and busts has quickly turned towards annoyance this past year. Aside from a few exceptions, they just feel so uninspired and vapid. I love Chewbacca but why him over Darth Vader or even Threepio like I’ve seen other people suggest?

It appears this $200 set was effectively just an extra slot (i.e. it’s not the flagship summer/fall set or the fall UCS set) so from that lens, nothing of value was really lost, but imagine how many cool things they could have done with this set space. The Mantis or Luthen’s Ship (depending on when Lego could have gotten concept material) or a million other things people actually want, versus a giant Chewbacca that will probably look uncanny as hell. It’s likely going to flop just like the Black Panther Bust. Lame.

-Getting a 4+ Young Jedi Adventures set was a safe bet, but it’s neat to see that it panned out. Could come with some cool figures I guess, especially if we were to get a High Republic-style Yoda.

-Mando N-1 Microfighter is probably coming a bit too soon after the Razor Crest one but cool to see both Mando and Grogu be available in such a cheap set. I’m sure this will do fairly well, I already have had a friend express interest in this one.

-The Swamp Speeder could actually be really cool if it does come with Bly and some of his men.

-Finally getting a Yavin IV playset is super awesome. Like getting our first TIE Bomber remake in ages this year, it’s nice to see Lego at least keeping things fresh with their obligatory OT sets. Half of the slots are probably going to be the OT gang and I’m sure a reuse of the most recent Dodanna and Wedge are both likely. Like our Rae Sloane figure this year, I could definitely see us getting Evaan Verlane here to get another female character in the set and also to throw a bone to the book/comic fans. No Rebels/Rogue One characters is lame though.

-Like many of you, the Ahsoka sets are going to be the standout for me. Very excited for the series itself and what the sets could contain. Her T-6 Shuttle is a safe bet for one of the sets imo, with Sabine Wren and gray-robed Ahsoka being very likely inclusions in one of the sets. I could see Lego doing a white-robed Ahsoka in the other one, kinda like how they gave us two different Ben/Obi-Wan figures for the OWK sets. I do wonder if the $100 set could be The Ghost. I figured that Lego would tackle this ship at a larger size whenever they got around to it it again but the 2014 one was only $90. I’ll assume it’s something different though.

40 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Has anyone considered that the $650 could be a new Death Star...? 

Not only could I see that happening, but I'd like it to happen, since I missed the last two, and thought it would be more worth waiting for a new one than spending an excessive amount on the just-retired one. I can understand people not being happy with a new one, though. However, that's assuming it's an MBS-style one with minifigs and interior like we've gotten twice before. It could also probably be a UCS-style one, with panels, made only for display. That, I wouldn't be ecstatic about, but I could see it being popular.

I'd say there are three possibilities for the swamp speeder minifigures - 41st (white & gray), 327th (white & yellow), 41st (Kashyyyk armor - that would be pretty boring).

IMRBLf5.jpg

29 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

I'd say there are three possibilities for the swamp speeder minifigures - 41st (white & gray), 327th (white & yellow), 41st (Kashyyyk armor - that would be pretty boring).

IMRBLf5.jpg

Wow,did not know those were on felucia in that scene really gets my hopes up it’s 327th.

2HY sounds pretty awful so far :tongue:

The figures have to sell well among kids, but I have no interest whatsoever in them.

A 200€ Chewbacca is a ridiculous idea. Who is that even for?

The Mandalorian's microfighter sounds nice, but the price increase is unacceptable. 15€ for an 88-piece crappy build with a nice minifigure? No way.

Yavin IV Base sounds fresh, and I like that that they're doing it. Having said that, I personally don't care about it.

Ahsoka sets are whatever really, couldn't care less for more Favreau & Filoni content. 

A Young Jedi Adventures set is the only thing that sounds kinda intriguing.

Excuse my language everyone, but these rumours sound like a bunch of baloney!

I mean, mechs? A giant buildable Chewbacca? A  €7 CMF?! (Actually, I can see that last one happening, but I don't want to) 

That said, we have seen stranger leaks this month, so who knows. Is the source reputable?

5 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

I mean, mechs? A giant buildable Chewbacca? A  €7 CMF?! (Actually, I can see that last one happening, but I don't want to) 

The CMF „rumour“ is Bantha Poodoo, but the rest are (sadly) real :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Meadius said:

I saw some people suggest that the $650 D2C could be the Sail Barge, but I cannot see that happening. Maybe I lack the right mindset but I just can't imagine why it would need to be that big. 

In universe it's almost as big the Falcon. Almost the same length, narrower and taller. Given that the most recent UCS Falcon was $850 with 7.5k pieces and only half an interior, I think $650 with 5.4k pieces for a UCS Khetanna sounds realistic. The only thing that makes me doubt it is the leaked photo looking like an early sketch model compared to some of the other leaked sets that looked like they were ready for production.

1 hour ago, Displayedaction said:

Wow,did not know those were on felucia in that scene really gets my hopes up it’s 327th.

That gives me a sliver of hope. But they may still cheapen out and just use Kashyyyk Clones again :tongue: 

45 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Excuse my language everyone, but these rumours sound like a bunch of baloney!

That said, we have seen stranger leaks this month, so who knows. Is the source reputable?

The CMF is a made-up leak from Instagram. This one is not happening in this decade.

The rest are — unfortunately — very much real.