MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, dude, we do know for sure that they destroy molds after a certain time with no usage. Now what that time is is unknown, but it is a fact that the lego group destroys molds after a certain period of them not being used in sets. They have stated this multiple times.

Ok, dude.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:58 PM, Kaijumeister said:

and the Fifth Brother’s helmet was first produced in 2016 before returning in 2022 after 6 years. 

Same story for the Inquisitors' lightsaber mould, except it was made before 2016, but also returned more abundantly with 3 copies in 1 set.

Leaks for Commander Cody and Captain Rex helmets are out. The pictures are blurry, but I like them at first glance. Cody's visor looks a little short, though.

31 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Leaks for Commander Cody and Captain Rex helmets are out. The pictures are blurry, but I like them at first glance. Cody's visor looks a little short, though.

Look better than I thought. Not a line I will collect still but look good if these are the true models!

Yeah, they are nice. 

I really like Captain Rex's one. Really good build. 

Captain Cody's has too many studs tho, especially above his visor.

Very, very nice. Rex's especially is tempting to me (just because I prefer p2, cody's helmet is also well-designed)

31 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Ugh, more animated style helmets. I would've been interested if they looked like this and this.

Yes, because these helmet designs come from the clone wars animated series. Were you expecting them to base the helmets on celebration art or someone's fan render?

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, because these helmet designs come from the clone wars animated series. Were you expecting them to base the helmets on celebration art or someone's fan render?

Of course these helmets were first featured in the heavily stylized animated show, but we know what they "actually" look like.

Now if they release Phase 1 or 2 helmets from AotC or RotS, they'll either look inaccurate as well or they won't match these at all.

Edited by Graupensuppe

I think they look great! Rex's mouth looks a little small, but that's a nitpick. Glad that most of the blue highlights are brick built. Cody looks pretty much perfect. I got the Luke Skywalker helmet as a present, and now I'm hooked I think I'll get both of these

Helmets look brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Cody's I think is definitely the star of the show and I'll certainly be getting that (always liked phase 1 more anyway :D) 

These look really great, actually!
I haven't got any helmets so far, but I might get Cody's :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

I like both of these, but personally I would‘ve preferred Cody‘s more iconic phase II helmet :shrug_oh_well: Either way, it‘s refreshing to finally see some PT-era helmets :thumbup: Hoping for ST-era helmets next year. A Kylo Ren helmet in particular could look interesting, especially the cracked version seen in TROS

...and 212th clone trooper polybag is now on the horizon. From feb. 25. with LSW Magazine.

I dont understand these 2 clone helmet builds. Why didnt they do the other way around? P1 Rex helmet and P2 Cody helmet. To me it makes more sense than this variation.

To be completely honest, I'm really not seeing the big difference in design between these and live-action helmets.  With Rex I can see a bit of one (but I think that's more of a limitation of LEGO bricks recreating an odd shape than the actual design), with Cody I really don't see much of one at all (probably because the clones were CGI anyway and the helmet design lends itself a bit more to LEGO).  There's some minor stuff with like the shaping of the visor and stuff, but again, I think that's more an issue of LEGO pieces not being perfect to recreate certain angles.

Anyway, they look good, and I'm hopeful this means we have a Rex figure on the way soon.

Wow, those are some of if not the best helmet sets LEGO has ever produced! Cody especially is impressive. I would absolutely love to get both of these but as always, minifig-scale srts that come with minifigs take precedent and there are still sets from last year I still haven't been able to get, let alone many of the new sets and my wallet is already crying about what few sets we know about for the rest of the year.

Edited by ToaDraco

Bit late to the news of a rumoured Endor helmet, personally I was hoping for a Boushh helmet as that could have been an interesting build. Maybe the rumour was simply 'Leia helmet, ROTJ' and people assumed Boushh over Endor. Oh well. Perhaps it could be the mystery fourth helmet but I doubt they'd do both in the same wave. 

I love these new helmets! IMO they're the best of the line, but still not high enough on my priorities list to fit within my budget. 

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

minifig-scale srts that come with minifigs take precedent and there are still sets from last year I still haven't been able to get, let alone many of the new sets and my wallet is already crying about what few sets we know about for the rest of the year.

I 100% agree.

On 1/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, Graupensuppe said:

Ugh, more animated style helmets.

More? Haven't they all been OT up 'til now?

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I like both of these, but personally I would‘ve preferred Cody‘s more iconic phase II helmet :shrug_oh_well: Either way, it‘s refreshing to finally see some PT-era helmets :thumbup: Hoping for ST-era helmets next year. A Kylo Ren helmet in particular could look interesting, especially the cracked version seen in TROS

Surprising that they still haven't done this one.

It seems like such a perfect choice.

11 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Wow, those are some of if not the best helmet sets LEGO has ever produced! Cody especially is impressive. I would absolutely love to get both of these but as always, minifig-scale srts that come with minifigs take precedent and there are still sets from last year I still haven't been able to get, let alone many of the new sets and my wallet is already crying about what few sets we know about for the rest of the year.

Cody's helmet is near-perfect. Rex's suffers from the same issue as the stormtrooper and TIE pilot, but is still very well done.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Surprising that they still haven't done this one.

It seems like such a perfect choice.

It might be a little hard to do the cracked one without excessive stickers, but it'd be cool to see them pull it off.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, Anak said:

...and 212th clone trooper polybag is now on the horizon. From feb. 25. with LSW Magazine.

I dont understand these 2 clone helmet builds. Why didnt they do the other way around? P1 Rex helmet and P2 Cody helmet. To me it makes more sense than this variation.

I assume the rational is that they were set on making them distinct so they chose phase 1 Cody because it shares the visor of phase 2 Rex so they go better together than phase 1 Rex and Phase 2 COdy would

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It might be a little hard to do the cracked one without excessive stickers, but it'd be cool to see them pull it off.

It'd definitely be challenging – although I meant Kylo Ren in general, not necessarily with his cracked helmet.

He's one of the most popular Star Wars characters, his helmet would be in at least top 5 most popular ones from this universe.

And for some weird reason, LEGO has done a Darktrooper helmet, but not a Kylo Ren one :tongue:

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It'd definitely be challenging – although I meant Kylo Ren in general, not necessarily with his cracked helmet.

He's one of the most popular Star Wars characters, his helmet would be in at least top 5 most popular ones from this universe.

And for some weird reason, LEGO has done a Darktrooper helmet, but not a Kylo Ren one :tongue:

Perhaps I'm forgetting some obvious examples but it feels like Lego has been rather averse to making sequel trilogy sets ever since TRoS. I get that it's the least popular of the main trilogies and that Lego has had a ton of other new things to base sets off of, but we haven't even got a set of the final battle of the trilogy. It just seems like the sequels have been getting the short end of the stick as of late, and that's coming from someone who didn't even like them that much. TRoS especially has a couple of gaps that could do with being filled.

Oh they definitely have. LEGO pretty much isn't making any Sequels sets anymore.

Still, Kylo Ren's recognition goes beyond the bad reputation of this trilogy. His helmet is iconic and really recognisable, and it would be a great addition to the helmet collection. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

On 1/24/2023 at 8:25 AM, AD_Bricks said:

Same story for the Inquisitors' lightsaber mould, except it was made before 2016, but also returned more abundantly with 3 copies in 1 set.

Oh, I just remembered an even better and more relevant example. The Gamorrean guard head/torso mould came back for 2022 after its last use being in a set from 2013. That's a 9 year gap, so Jabba is surely feasible. They have zero reason to make a new mould, the old one is spot on. Also, it would give me less reason to buy the new diorama, and I don't want to have to, as I already have the new Throne Room, the old Palace, and the old Sail Barge (also the old Rancor pit, but there're no rumours or leaks of a new version of that).

On a side note to the sequel trilogy/getting Kylo Ren's helmet, it would be interesting to see that style of Stormtrooper helmet, potentially in the style of Captain Phasma, except I feel that it would be too similar to The Mandalorian.