MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

A Yavin-style ARC-170 would be a bizarre choice especially since the seperatists are practically crying out for a vehicle or large droid to challenge the clone vehicles that are currently/imminently available. I would've thought a slightly downscaled Corporate Alliance Droid or Homing Spider Droid might work better, or a Vulture Droid. Or even a couple of Crab Droids or Octuptarra Tri-Droids.

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Brick Reporter is saying the battle pack build is an ARC-170 as well in the scale of the Yavin Y-Wing. If this rumor is fake news someone should say what the build ACTUALLY is. 

This would just be the worse. We want a real ARC-170. I could see a V-Wing MAYBE, but even that is scary. 

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

Does anyone think that the inclusion of the apparent tiny gunships with the UCS Venator could lead the landing strip being functional?

That would be cool to have an opening hangar door. However if it compromises the build, I would rather not have it. Just my opinion. 

On 8/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, Legoman123 said:

I’m hoping for an episode 1 c-3po to be included as well. 

That's a good figure too. Surprised we haven't seen that or Episode 2 C-3PO yet.

I like the Gunship but I do still prefer the 2013 version. 

2 minutes ago, Old Master said:

I thought someone on here yesterday said the ARC-170 was "miles out"

It is. I'm looking at images of the set right now. Certainly an interesting interpretation of an ARC-170 build.  

3 minutes ago, Old Master said:

I thought someone on here yesterday said the ARC-170 was "miles out"

Renown told that 

Just now, Renown said:

It is. I'm looking at images of the set right now. Certainly an interesting interpretation of an ARC-170 build.  

Oh, wow!

39 minutes ago, Renown said:

So is it actually a vulture droid? Please tell me the ARC-170 claims are a joke 😐

Edited by Legofan2001

39 minutes ago, Renown said:

Haha, such a good comment. 

Now I’ve been nice, give us the deet’s! Please…

42 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

So is it actually a vulture droid? Please tell me the ARC-170 claims are a joke 😐

I wouldn't like to see these most of these builds attempt to take flight. 

this was probably already mentioned but I feel like the inhibitor chip bandage on Rex indicates he was designed for something CW S7 related, the only relevant vehicles I can think of would be a Y-wing or a Venator Playset(lottery odds). Y-wing seems like an obvious choice, just seems weird for that detail to be included in the print unless the figure was designed for a S7 set.

6 minutes ago, Renown said:

Haha ok this is a good answer. So we’re talking about land vehicles - phew!

16 minutes ago, Renown said:

Multiple builds, then? Like the Snowtrooper battle pack, or like the 332nd with a build and a little 4-piece shooter?

24 minutes ago, Alex_South said:

this was probably already mentioned but I feel like the inhibitor chip bandage on Rex indicates he was designed for something CW S7 related, the only relevant vehicles I can think of would be a Y-wing or a Venator Playset(lottery odds). Y-wing seems like an obvious choice, just seems weird for that detail to be included in the print unless the figure was designed for a S7 set.

Rex is releasing in the UCS Venator in October, as known :) 

30 minutes ago, Renown said:

Lol I'm imagining something really blocky that definitely won't be swooshable - like trying to fit all 4 clones in the new swamp speeder :laugh:

Is there even a cockpit in the 2024 battlepack build? 

13 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Rex is releasing in the UCS Venator in October, as known :) 

For sure, I know about his inclusion in that set, it just seemed odd for lego to include an extra printed detail specific to S7 if he's just going to show up in the UCS set.

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think it'd be too obvious. 

LEGO usually uses totally random codenames.

Correct - Dreamzzz was codenamed “Titan”. If the CMF is not actually a Space series, and instead “Space” is a (very cruel, IMO!) codename, the series will have nothing to do with space! 

5 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Brick Reporter is saying the battle pack build is an ARC-170 as well in the scale of the Yavin Y-Wing. 

@Renown is reliable and quite adamant that the build is not an ARC-170, but with two seemingly-unconnected sources saying the opposite, I am wondering if the set includes something that could look like an ARC-170 if viewed in passing or in a blurry picture. Leaving aside the possibility of a non-Canon pile of bricks “vehicle” (🤮), what if the build/one of the builds is a 74-Z speeder bike? 
While not used as common as the BARC, the Republic did use the 74-Z speeder bike more commonly associated with the Empire; Stass Allie rides one when Order 66 occurs. The colours of the Republic 74-Z are the same as those of the ARC-170, and the shape is similar enough to what a Microfighter or Yavin-scale one would look like that I can see why there might be some confusion (in addition to the fact that some may not remember that the Republic used the 74-Z, and so are assuming that the build is another vehicle). Thoughts? 🤔

Stass_Allie_on_Saleucami-1.jpg

DSC045226.JPG

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

24 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

but with two seemingly-unconnected sources saying the opposite

Are you sure they're unconnected? Brickreporter reffers to Lifebricks 

Edited by Duke27

5 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

You make the CMF’s based on a one movie so for TPM we could get 

Boss Nass,Padme Handmaiden,Padme Battle Attire,Nute Gunray,Shimi,Anakin Padawan,Yaddle,Yareel Poof,Sabe,Rune Haako,Sio Bibble,Pod Racer Announcers. 

No offense, but I highly doubt most of, if any, of those figures would be of any interest to the vast majority of consumers. That would be the problem with theming a CMF series off the movies, let alone each movie individually (which would take up over a decade to cover each theatrical film as a series). That problem being that we’ve already gotten most of the main characters from each film and most of the figures we are missing would not be interesting enough to warrant spots in a CMF series.

Like someone else said before, the only way I see them ever doing a Star Wars CMF is by doing a broad Disney+ theme like Marvel. And I’m not even sure they would do that since Lego already does at least one set for each series (with the exception of The Bad Batch season 2 and anthology-style series like Tales of the Jedi or the non-canon Visions show), unlike Marvel where What If? was the only Disney+ show to get proper sets.

As for the build for the Clone/Battle Droid pack, I’m hoping/guessing that it’ll be a Seperatist vehicle of some sort. Maybe a Homing Spider Tank or Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. That or maybe a speeder of some sort for both factions would be my preference.

9 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Are you sure they're unconnected? Brickreporter reffers to Lifebricks 

Ah; I did not realise that. In that case, both Brickreporter and Mandr are quoting Lifebricks, who known for his reliability and excellent track record. 🙄

3 minutes ago, The Stud said:

As for the build for the Clone/Battle Droid pack, I’m hoping/guessing that it’ll be a Seperatist vehicle of some sort. Maybe a Homing Spider Tank or Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. That or maybe a speeder of some sort for both factions would be my preference.

Both of these are far too large for a $30 super battle pack, especially one that includes so many droids (which inflate the part-count). The most that I expect is an AT-RT or speeder bike and turret vs. a STAP and either a crab droid or dwarf spider droid. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

31 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Correct - Dreamzzz was codenamed “Titan”. If the CMF is not actually a Space series, and instead “Space” is a (very cruel, IMO!) codename, the series will have nothing to do with space! 

@Renown is reliable and quite adamant that the build is not an ARC-170, but with two seemingly-unconnected sources saying the opposite, I am wondering if the set includes something that could look like an ARC-170 if viewed in passing or in a blurry picture. Leaving aside the possibility of a non-Canon pile of bricks “vehicle” (🤮), what if the build/one of the builds is a 74-Z speeder bike? 
While not used as common as the BARC, the Republic did use the 74-Z speeder bike more commonly associated with the Empire; Stass Allie rides one when Order 66 occurs. The colours of the Republic 74-Z are the same as those of the ARC-170, and the shape is similar enough to what a Microfighter or Yavin-scale one would look like that I can see why there might be some confusion (in addition to the fact that some may not remember that the Republic used the 74-Z, and so are assuming that the build is another vehicle). Thoughts? 🤔

Stass_Allie_on_Saleucami-1.jpg

DSC045226.JPG

Believe me, only if the viewer is blind. Although I do believe there is a myth that blindness is a consequence of a chronic issue. 

4 minutes ago, Renown said:

Believe me, only if the viewer is blind. 

OK - Can you give a hint as to what it actually is (aside from the fact that it does not fly)? Do both factions get builds, or only one? 

5 minutes ago, Renown said:

Although I do believe there is a myth that blindness is a consequence of a chronic issue. 

I did just have to get new glasses. . . 😬

1 hour ago, Renown said:

Could a STAP be the one exceptional build to be seen taking flight?

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OK - Can you give a hint as to what it actually is (aside from the fact that it does not fly)? Do both factions get builds, or only one? 

I did just have to get new glasses. . . 😬

Both factions get builds, although - to my welcome, at least - those of the CIS are significantly more substantial (and actually canon vehicles).