MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

But..I mean come on, really? A £200 set that looks like this? No thank you, just a waste of a slot.

This is what frustrates me a little. It feels like it's taking up another set's place. 

There are so many sets we could've had instead of this. A Battle of Endor or the Home One Star Cruiser to celebrate the 40th anniversary of RotJ. 

I know what Lego are trying to do with these sets - they want to appeal to people outside the usual AFOL demographic. But I feel like most people would probably spend a bit more money and buy the Hot Toys 14 inch figure or just MOC their own rather than buy this. 

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

This is what frustrates me a little. It feels like it's taking up another set's place.

Yep, that's the saddest part. All those helmets, buildable objects, statues, etc. cannibalize playscale set slots.

30 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yep, that's the saddest part. All those helmets, buildable objects, statues, etc. cannibalize playscale set slots.

Says who? There’s nothing to suggest that 18+ sets take slots that would otherwise have gone to playsets. After all, there is no fixed number of sets every year, it constantly fluctuates. We still get plenty of playsets every year :classic:

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Says who? There’s nothing to suggest that 18+ sets take slots that would otherwise have gone to playsets. After all, there is no fixed number of sets every year, it constantly fluctuates. We still get plenty of playsets every year :classic:

That is just how i sense the situation :shrug_confused:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. But, though I appreciate lego taking a swing and trying new things, there I the tangible sense this could have been something different. Why this and not something else? Even in reality it's likely more that if it wasn't this it would be an empty slot.

We all disagree over what should or shouldn't be a set. Or the value of any given set. But its rare that a set is so universally disliked, and that seems to be a growing thing when you look at recent marvel d2c sets.

Good news, promobricks just reported that the $100 Ahsoka set includes an E-Wing, not an X-Wing :sweet: The NR character is Captain Porter.

17 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Damn, there is kind of rumor from lego_minecraft_fan1 about republic attack shuttle, 

Lego_Minecraft_Goat please tell us something about that :)

I think he’s referring to the E-Wing :laugh: 

Yay to the E-wing, from the trailer I imagine it's blue and white. And sans the large cannon from the legends version.

3 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

A picture of the Ahsoka Tano’s T-6 Jedi Shuttle is out.

Thanks for sharing it on the usual place. Glad Huyang has a minifigure body instead of a droid one.

The shuttle itself looks pretty awesome, if a little small? The colours are striking though, loving what I see so far. 

So happy to hear the New Republic ship is indeed an E-Wing! The Ahsoka sets are officially the highlight of this entire year.

Edited by Kaijumeister

2 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

So that picture was referring to T-6...

5 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Looks a tad...small?? But it appears you still get the function so thats okay. Cant wait to see more!

Yikes, looks I'll have to go bargain hunting for that E-wing set. And Chewbacca... I don't know what I expected but at least I got a good laugh.

Pictures of the E-wing and the T-6 are out. I. Need. Those. Sets. Especially the E-wing. Man, I need to come up with a side hustle, because there's no way I can afford them otherwise. My pay just went up thirty percent but my rent jumped more than one hundred percent!

Edited by icm

4 minutes ago, icm said:

Pictures of the E-wing and the T-6 are out. I. Need. Those. Sets. Especially the E-wing. Man, I need to come up with a side hustle, because there's no way I can afford them otherwise. My pay just went up thirty percent but my rent jumped more than one hundred percent!

T-6 looks great despite the fact that it's a lot smaller than I'd hoped it'd be but the figures absolutely rule!

Shin's Starfighter is gorgeous!!! I actually don't like the E-wing as much it looks really wonky. The figures are also all amazing!!! A bit of a shame the figures' sabres aren't orange tho.

Hyuang and the T6 look amazing l! I can't wait for better pictures and a look at the other figures. It's easily my most anticipated set of the wave. I'm also very glad to hear that the E-Wing is included in the $100 set. Personally I hate how LEGO has been making a pair of single occupant starfighters as $100 sets instead of selling them individually for a more reasonable price. 

Edit: And of course as soon as I post this we get a ton of pictures. Wow, I absolutely love the T6 and all the figures in it! They all look phenomenal. I also love the E-Wing and Shin's Starfighter is great, definitely way more colorful than I was expecting. I'm definitely disappointed the lightsabers aren't orange and that is not the best hair piece for Baylon. I also like how colorful that astromech is. The Ahsoka show may have one of the strongest waves in years and I expect the show will live up to that. It really says a lot when a brand new Ghost and Phantom II is my least hyped set in the wave and I'm still super hyped for that.

Edited by ToaDraco

Both sets are simply amazing! This really does cement the Ahsoka wave as my favourite sets from the theme this year. Far stronger than the Mando S3 ones. 

T-6 is undersized, but it’s still a great looking ship and it’s great that Sabine comes with both her helmet and hair, and Ezra’s lightsaber! Marrok looks incredibly detailed, and that Ahsoka figure is perfect - the only thing it’s missing is a grey poncho.

Also in love with the E-Wing, I appreciate the angles and colour scheme, and the New Republic outfit and helmet are gorgeous. Shin’s ship is equally cool, and the minifigures are solid.

I’ve really missed sets like these that are well designed and colourful. I’ve become so fed up of the drab greys we’re used to. Now hopefully the Gunship reveal isn’t far behind.

Edited by Kaijumeister

7 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Personally I hate how LEGO has been making a pair of single occupant starfighters as $100 sets instead of selling them individually for a more reasonable price. 

Preach. That's how I've felt about starfighter two-packs since the year 1999.

Both sets look amazing! Love of all of the minifigs too. Pretty disappointed in the lightsabers though. Trans-red just doesn’t fit :hmpf_bad:

9 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

The figures are also all amazing!!! A bit of a shame the figures' sabres aren't orange tho.

At least orange blade pieces have existed in a multitude of sets. I remember when Rebels Ahsoka came with blue saber blades and it took years before lego released clear ones! At least she gets them now!

12 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Personally I hate how LEGO has been making a pair of single occupant starfighters as $100 sets instead of selling them individually for a more reasonable price. 

I agree. I miss having a solid selection of sub $50 sets. There is something that makes me feel more ok making two spaced out payments towards the hobby than when i drop all that cash in one go, even when i can afford to do so. Also many people don't want both ships and this tactic seems to partially be a strategy to leave less shelf warmers. That being said i think both ships look nice in this set.

This might be the first wave where I get every set ( well every minifigure set, I'm obviously skipping Chewbacca).

I really expected Shin's ship to be grey, lol.

But all in all pretty super duper. I want Hyuang to represent David Tennant till Lego do Doctor Who again!

Two things. 

1. Really disappointing to see the Shuttle can only accommodate one minfigure!

2. The lack of orange lightsabers is a bad move. Seems they haven’t learnt from the darksaber criticism. 

Plenty of positives, but certainly some subjective issues. 

Ahsoka has trans-clear lighstabers by the look of it! Good choice. The T-6 is a bit smaller than I expected and probably would have liked, but of the two it's the one I'm more likely to buy.

The E-wing looks like it could have been an excellent set in its own right, I like the play features on it (retractable landing gear, weapons stowage below the seat). Shin's Starfighter is fine, not sure about the design but that's not down to TLG. I do appreciate how colourful this set is though.

Chewie is... Yeah.