MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Source? Also, this makes no sense; the game is no more violent/graphic than other Star Wars media.

One of the set designers said that in an interview back in 2021 or 2022, but I get the impression that it was a spur-of-the-moment statement and not any kind of official decision on Lego's part. As you pointed out, it really doesn't make any sense.

Tbh, why cant we get KOTOR and old republic sets anymore? If they're making the jedi games there is no excuse, THESE WOULD SELL, its super iconic and a huge part of star wars history that lego has been neglecting, at least the characters were in galaxy of heroes.

22 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Tbh, why cant we get KOTOR and old republic sets anymore? If they're making the jedi games there is no excuse, THESE WOULD SELL, its super iconic and a huge part of star wars history that lego has been neglecting, at least the characters were in galaxy of heroes.

It's not that we can't get those anymore. There's just so much Star Wars content out there, with new stuff constantly coming out, and there's only so many sets Lego can make in a year.

I actually think that if and when the KOTOR remake happens, we could definitely see some form of Lego representation. Then again, Fallen Order was a massively successful game and has only gotten that BD-1 set, so I might be wrong there.

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Not so much major scoops, but they tend to comment information about sets that end up being proven accurate once they’re revealed. It’s been ongoing for a while and they’re definitely trustworthy.

@Goofster Could go either way. The T6 is a pretty large ship so I can easily see that being the larger set, with the smaller set being some sort of location build maybe (like last year’s two Kenobi sets). If the T6 looks as good and has as good of an interior as last year’s Scythe, it’ll make for an outstanding set.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, this is what the live action T6 will look like, as shown at Celebration Anaheim last year. Striking design and colour scheme to say the least!

Never realized this was out, if that comes out, day 1 buy from me. That looks spectacular and I love Ahsoka so. Perfection for me haha 

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

If/when the remake releases one can only hope we get Lego sets alongside it. The fact that no one has to worry about spoilers would help with product development I’m sure. 

6 hours ago, Anio said:

With the image I could get, it seems that the UCS X-Wing is using part 68327 to make the engine air intakes. redface.gif

So 4x4, just like 10240? Is the set scaled down then or are the intakes still too small?

edit- scratch that, looks like they are 5x5. So closer to scale if the fuselage isn’t much different size-wise from red 5.

Edited by KevinMD

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Fenn Rau featured prominently in Rebels, though, so I doubt Filoni would disregard that! 

I just meant all the other protectors being dead. It'd be pretty easy to "some of them were off planet and he just didn't know" if they for some reason wanted more in The Mandalorian S3.

6 hours ago, Goofster said:

Let's unite, a Fenn Rau fang fighter with a chopper co-piloting.

New chopper head mold that has holes to attach those 1L claw pieces that you can in turn attach guns to.

4 hours ago, Goofster said:

There's definately an excuse: Old republic content is from 10-20 year old legends games that aren't currently super popular (I'm excluding the fact that they're playable in GoH, because EVERYONE is playable in GOH. Coruscant non-clone police. Admiral Raddus. Ima-Gun-di. 5 separate Jawa characters. Multiple generic old republic sith. Something like 7 or 8 different nightsisters.) , whereas Jedi is a very successful current game franchise that even now only has one set.

I'd love a new Satele Shan, or a Jedi Knight Revan (or the forge armor or whatever they called it in KOTOR. Revan with the white robes), or Bastila, or Carth, or any of them, but let's face it, sets with them really wouldn't sell great, since only relatively hardcore fans even know them. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

15 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I do find it pretty hilarious how lifebricks spent half of his latest video criticizing people for reposting fakes (e.g. the fake UCS death star pic) and acting irresponsibly to get clicks, when the thumbnail of the video is literally that exact fake set with question marks over it in order to get clicks.

I found the irony laughable too, pretty sure I mentioned a few pages back that LB seems to say what he heard only after its been commented on elsewhere.

I'm beginning to think his vids are only after we've debated it here for a few pages.

17 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I do find it pretty hilarious how lifebricks spent half of his latest video criticizing people for reposting fakes (e.g. the fake UCS death star pic) and acting irresponsibly to get clicks, when the thumbnail of the video is literally that exact fake set with question marks over it in order to get clicks.

He also just made a battlepack ranking video where he puts the OG 501st Battlepack in F tier on the thumbnail for rage clickbait and then actually ranks it in B in the video, 12 minutes in. Yucky content practices. And This comes from someone with a channel of a similar size as LFB. Though not about Lego and I won't be sharing lol. He resorts to some pretty gross clickbait at times.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I just meant all the other protectors being dead. It'd be pretty easy to "some of them were off planet and he just didn't know" if they for some reason wanted more in The Mandalorian S3.

Ah; I can see that. Also, Satine's guards were Protectors, so the ones on Concord Dawn could just have been a portion of them (or more Mandos were recruited into the Protectors after Bo-Katan united the clans). 

Unfortunately that's pretty much all YouTube channels that do Q&A style videos. The thumbnail will be a pic of a sought after character or a title like 'UCS Droid Escape Pod?' and everyone will click expecting some news or leaks but the video is just the creator speculating or whether the character or set is coming soon.

Narrator: it isn't.

It’s been nearly 10 years since The Protectors were killed. Fenn could have rebuilt then and recruited new members 

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Unfortunately that's pretty much all YouTube channels that do Q&A style videos.

Or whenever they use the term „leak“, but instead it‘s either baseless speculation or official reveals :laugh_hard: Guys, if a set is on s@h, it‘s not a leak :tongue: 

Maybe the YT algorithm dictates that „leak“ is a more engaging term than „reveal“, but it‘s silly nonetheless.

Speaking of reveal: no Mando reveal today, which means Promobricks were (obviously) correct, as always

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or whenever they use the term „leak“, but instead it‘s either baseless speculation or official reveals :laugh_hard: Guys, if a set is on s@h, it‘s not a leak :tongue: 

Maybe the YT algorithm dictates that „leak“ is a more engaging term than „reveal“, but it‘s silly nonetheless.

Speaking of reveal: no Mando reveal today, which means Promobricks were (obviously) correct, as always

Yeah makes sense. I kinda assumed the TIE/Fang set would be something more like towards the end of the season. I get the feeling it'll be a lot like Vader's TIE vs A-wing that we got a few years back. Probably 4 minifigures.

Spoiler

Gideon in his Mando suit, the Mando loyalist, a TIE pilot, and maybe a named Mando character...not sure if Sabine would make the cut here considering Ahsoka but...possible.

30 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Yeah makes sense. I kinda assumed the TIE/Fang set would be something more like towards the end of the season. I get the feeling it'll be a lot like Vader's TIE vs A-wing that we got a few years back. Probably 4 minifigures.

Hide contents

Gideon in his Mando suit, the Mando loyalist, a TIE pilot, and maybe a named Mando character...not sure if Sabine would make the cut here considering Ahsoka but...possible.

I would say 4 in a $90 set is crazy, but so far we've had a $35 set with 2 and a $50 with 2.5, which tracks to 3.833 figures for a $90 set. So I expect a Mando Loyalist, TIE Pilot, The Mandalorian, and... someone with a missing arm I guess.

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would say 4 in a $90 set is crazy, but so far we've had a $35 set with 2 and a $50 with 2.5, which tracks to 3.833 figures for a $90 set. So I expect a Mando Loyalist, TIE Pilot, The Mandalorian, and... someone with a missing arm I guess.

To be fair, Boba Fett’s Throne Room comes with 7 minifigures and has the same MSRP as the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor. Not saying we’ll be that lucky this time round, but it’s not entirely inconceivable that we’ll get a pretty solid minifigure lineup for this set.

52 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Don't count out that the price could potentially increase from the rumored $100 to $120. Seen a few people on here mention that and wouldn't really be suprised.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Mace Windu's time to return has finally come it seems.

32 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:
Spoiler

Mace Windu's time to return has finally come it seems.

WAIT WHAT?

12 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I think that was a joke

Thank the maker! :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

To be fair, Boba Fett’s Throne Room comes with 7 minifigures and has the same MSRP as the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor. Not saying we’ll be that lucky this time round, but it’s not entirely inconceivable that we’ll get a pretty solid minifigure lineup for this set.

I would be very surprised. My guess would also be 4 minifigures like with the A-wing vs Tie-Advanced. 

I'd say lego learned from their previous mistake, that a-wing vs darth vader's tie fighter didn't sell well, i think the minifigure count has something to do with it, i'd say its either gonna be 5 minifigs: 3 good guys vs 2 bad guys or 6, 3 good guys vs 3 bad guys, also, most 100$ sets have 5 figs tbh.

Edited by Goofster

2 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

would be cool if mace windu survived and then saved grogu

He was teleported into the future just to cut of Boba Fetts head trying to escape the Sarlacc and then the weakened Windu got eaten by human-eating Tusken Raiders... then I be happy