Is it just me, or do these sets really feel like Lego Movie sets, with the way they fuse things together to create absurd things. I mean, the theme even has a 2 in 1 feature similar to the original movie's transformations of ordinary settings into battle machines. I'm starting to think that themes like this might be an outlet for the designers to really get creative in comparison to the usual vehicles, animals and locations that come up over and over again. I'll definitely get Z-Blob, but I need to see the Ninjago sets before I make any other decisions.

5 minutes ago, Jdrewg said:

Listings are up on Lego US and these are just awesome. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/dreamzzz

Detailed set descriptions are up, including character names and little plot details. 

I may need to correct myself a second time, the evil littlefigs are just labelled “nightmare creatures” and Grimspawn is just the one in the crusader helmet.

Well the spacebus did bring us a classic space helmet... It's just a color that has been done before, oh well.

My gods, if Brickset is accurate these prices are really not good. The mid-sized sets; Crocodile Car, Turtle Van, Pegasus and Stable are egregious.
I hope this is going to be wide distribution (not limited like Monkie Kid has become) so that we can see some large discounts or clearances eventually. I can’t see myself paying full price for anything here. Wow. Hope this gets better next wave . . then again, Ninjago got painfully expensive too recently . .

Yeah, these are all pretty expensive. They're good set designs but not my cup of tea.

Grimkeeper is priced so horribly. It only has 37 more parts than Z-Blob the Robot which is priced fairly

There is no logical way it would cost 17 more dollars in USD (Lego clearly messed up here)

Heck it's double the price of the Blob Robot in Australia and Canada.

The Crocodile Car isn't any better either. I don't think this series is gonna sell in Canada or Australia unless Lego sets fairer prices.

4 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

I’m currently reading through the brickset article and trying to match names to faces. The little guys (officially dreamlings and grimspawn) have names too. The spacebus set has some of my favourite

- Denny (the spaceman grimspawn, as in Benny, Lenny.. etc)

- Captain Bedbeard (the pirate grimspawn, named after Redbeard)

- Albert, who I believe is the space chimp

Honourable mentions are the grimspawn Flight Knight and Susan(?).

Lots of fun references to classic Lego themes and characters.

Mainly to get all the characters straight in my head, I did a thing. Yes, I know I'm hyper fixated on this theme 😅

Dreamzzz Characters

21 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

The Crocodile Car isn't any better either. I don't think this series is gonna sell in Canada or Australia unless Lego sets fairer prices.

As an Australian, mood. The Treehouse is also awful; $105 USD is a good price, but I don’t see how that translates to $180 AUD.

I was so hyped for this theme, but with prices like this I’m probably going to have to wait until it all goes on clearance or Christmas sales or similar. Disappointing . . 

I like this theme. Although it is unlikely I will purchase any, I can appreciate them for what they are. 

Below, is my order of preference. Here goes...

1. Nightmare Shark Ship - Great design; good price. Fantastic set all round. 

2. Pegasus Flying Horse - A solid display piece here. For the price, I love the design. 

3. Mrs. Castillo's Turtle Van - Oozes fun! I really like the dual-use of the truck, whilst the turtle gives off Mario vibes. 

4. Stable of Dream Creatures - This would be second if there was an extra buildable creature. Feels less of a stable as a result. Whilst the build is one of my favourite, the price is not. 

5. Mr. Oz's Spacebus - If I have ever seen a set that looks to be inspired by Fortnite, here it is! I do like this set, especially the large engine. This one is perhaps unlucky not to be higher up. The figures are good, too. I just think the other sets are better, mainly due to my own preference rather than pure objectivity. 

6. Fantastical Tree House - The price is fantastic, and the set is good. Personally, I am not a huge fan of treehouses and I feel the set offers very little minifigure wise. 

7. Mateo and Z-Blob - This would have been higher if the enemy build was better. I absolutely love Z-Blob, especially his weapon! Great Price. 

8. Crocodile Car - I really like the colour-blend between blue and red here, but the price is awful! That Cooper figure is really good, however, which softens the blow. I do not like the alternate jeep. 

9. Grimkeeper the Cage Monster - I hate the price. It should have been £24.99 rather than £31.99. But, this gives Power Miners vibes and I knew as a child I'd have loved trapping my figures in the torso of the Monster. As I personally like this, it is higher than Izzie. I think it can count itself fortunate, though...

10. Izzie and Bunchu the Bunny - This one is cute, and a great way to get a nice-looking figure. I feel it needs another evil set to have any fun here, though. I think it is unlucky to be this low down. 

11. Dream Village - As an exclusive, this is severely lacking. But, I was surprised to find this at the bottom of my list which is testament to my enjoyment of the theme. Needed one figure, at the minimum. The price, however, is fantastic. Yet, it still doesn't give me any desire to buy the set. 

Overall, I think this is a solid wave of sets. My main gripe is the lack of original figures in some of the sets. Children will love this; I do hope it sells well enough. Some are visually stunning, and others look great fun! 

But for various reasons, if I was to commit budget to this wave, I'd be looking at something like this:

Pegasus Flying Horse, Stable of Dream Creatures, Mateo and Z-Blob, and the Crocodile Car. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I love this theme, and the sets all look fantastic. 

I really want it to succeed. I'm tired of seeing LEGO's original themes retire after a few waves. This feels like something that has endless potential. 

I'm gonna buy Izzie and Bunchu set — the minifigure is fantastic, and the build has an incredible colour combination.

I love the crazy guy with the deamon eye on his hat xD The new bearded hairpiece is just awesome. The rest is not my cup of tea, but I am glad for anyone who likes it :)

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love this theme, and the sets all look fantastic. 

I really want it to succeed. I'm tired of seeing LEGO's original themes retire after a few waves. This feels like something that has endless potential. 

I'm gonna buy Izzie and Bunchu set — the minifigure is fantastic, and the build has an incredible colour combination.

I agree. I hope it lasts too. I'm really loving Dreamzzz. Seems like their original themes besides Nonjago don't last just like a lot of series on TV don't last either.

I really like these sets overall! I'm definitely getting Z-Blob the Robot. I really, really like Mrs. Castillo's Turtle Van, Flying Pegasus and Mr. Oz's Spacebus.

I wasn't sure what to expect when Dreamzzz first appeared as a thing in the rumour mill, and haven't really been keeping up with it, but wow, some of those sets are amazing. It seems like an even mix of sets I want to get day one (the treehouse and the airship) and sets which have zero appeal to me at all (the bunny mech and the school bus); I'll definitely be picking up a chunk of them, and probably any missing minifigs too.

5 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

My gods, if Brickset is accurate these prices are really not good. The mid-sized sets; Crocodile Car, Turtle Van, Pegasus and Stable are egregious.
I hope this is going to be wide distribution (not limited like Monkie Kid has become) so that we can see some large discounts or clearances eventually. I can’t see myself paying full price for anything here. Wow. Hope this gets better next wave . . then again, Ninjago got painfully expensive too recently . .

These are nowhere near as egregious as MK sets prices the Dreamzzz line has a nice range of sets.  

I'm confused. The kid with the backwards cap is Logan as a regular kid in the real world and in the dream world he's a blue creature?

Edited by BrickFit26

5 hours ago, Killian said:

Mainly to get all the characters straight in my head, I did a thing. Yes, I know I'm hyper fixated on this theme 😅

Dreamzzz Characters

Some of these are wrong.. the girl you've called Susan is nova abs the real Susan is the nightmare dreamling with the new helmet part

44 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

I'm confused. The kid with the backwards cap is Logan as a regular kid in the real world and in the dream world he's a blue creature?

Yeah, you see him transform at 2:06 though he appears in the dream world in both his forms

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Some of these are wrong.. the girl you've called Susan is nova abs the real Susan is the nightmare dreamling with the new helmet part

Dammit! I wasn't sure about Nova

If I get into this theme, I'll more likely get the villain/ Nightmare sets and the space bus/space ship. The owl griffin  character looks cool. I hope it will get a nice set in the next wave.

4 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

If I get into this theme, I'll more likely get the villain/ Nightmare sets and the space bus/space ship. The owl griffin  character looks cool. I hope it will get a nice set in the next wave.

There's a few cool things in that trailer that are pretty likely for wave 2. The frog car and giant knight guy would be nice to get.

Personally, I want the turtle / VW bus / shroom shop for my groovy hippie couple in my CITY. That way they can be flyin' and never leave the ground.

I just have to decide whether to remove the turtle bits or not...

Edited by Murdoch17