Hello all,

I would like to present here my latest creation - the historic Czechoslovak tractor Zetor 25K. Series K is derived from original model 25 which was manufactured in many modifications in years 1946 to 1961. 

Features:

• 2 cylinder fake engine
  • drag link steering
  • towing joint
  • three-point-hitch operated from the cockpit
  • rear PTO connected with gearbox to drive train, switchable by lever from the cockpit

1280x960.jpeg

1280x960.jpeg

1280x960.jpeg

1280x960.jpeg

1280x960.jpeg

I also want to build some attachments to make model more playable.

Edited by rhplus
video added

Looks amazing! And so many functions. A video would be cool, especially to see the gearbox in action.

I think I remember seeing some of these in Poland around 1990's :) 

Looks very nice and certainly it doesn't stink like Zetors that I meet every day 

Vintage tractors are very dear to my heart and I must say you did a very nice job! Everything is very compact and the build feels very practical, while still you barely can spot the functions from the outside. I like it a lot more than the similar build of mine. The biggest challenge with drawbar steering is the freeplay and the bump steer as a result. How you've dealt with it? What work gear are you using for steering if any?

Looks very nice and certainly it doesn't stink like Zetors that I meet every day 

Thank you. Yes, ABS plastic has the good feature that it does not smell at all :D But I am afraid that the real thing does not smell good as it has diesel engine

Great little tractor :pir-love:

Maybe they are too small, but did you try to fit the fender extender pieces instead of flex axles?

Well I did not consider theese fenders as I do not own it. Maybe I should give it a try.

Vintage tractors are very dear to my heart and I must say you did a very nice job! Everything is very compact and the build feels very practical, while still you barely can spot the functions from the outside. I like it a lot more than the similar build of mine. The biggest challenge with drawbar steering is the freeplay and the bump steer as a result. How you've dealt with it? What work gear are you using for steering if any?

Thank you very much! The real thing has the same steering mechanism as your tractor. It is easy to reproduce it in lego but the play in the steering wheel is nearly 180 degrees. I have built the mechanism you can see on the photo.

There is steering wheel on the end of the 7L axle and the opposite axle rotate the arm. The gear is 12:28 which behave like classic rack and pinion solution. There is no play at the steering wheel at all.

1280x960.jpg

Picture below shows the connection of the lever and gearbox

1280x960.JPG

Thanks for the explanation and pictures. You are 100% correct about the free play, bevel gears and no worm gear definitely helps at the cost of being a bit less realistic. But they are hidden anyway.
Once again congrats on a great build!

21 hours ago, rhplus said:

Thank you. Yes, ABS plastic has the good feature that it does not smell at all :D But I am afraid that the real thing does not smell good as it has diesel engine

If they (peasants) would use normal diesel it wouldn't stink (at least not so much), but they use heating oil mixed with old machine oil (and who knows what else, since lot of them have home manufacturing of edible oil where does waste go?). You showed with your antique version that it could be a planet savour (even new Lego bricks are from plants...)

You showed with your antique version that it could be a planet savour (even new Lego bricks are from plants...)

wow that some interesting fact I didn't knew.

video is up.

20 minutes ago, rhplus said:

wow that some interesting fact I didn't knew.

video is up.

But don't look at me as environmentalist; it is all crap (River Tiber was frozen 1600 years ago - was it global freeze?, and Greenland is not called Green Land for nothing)...but we can at least start cleaning trash in forests, fields etc; one friend of mine uses Zetor from 1962 to pull old wash machines etc from his forest...

I red at the beginning of year that LEGO switched to plant based material, but don't know if they switched completely or bricks but some pieces like gears remain ABS based?

I'll peek at video

Hey,

in the meantime I created simple Plough and a Cultivator. Free instructions are available on Rebrickable. Enjoy!

Some more implements are on my to-do list for the next few weeks...

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The plough is really great! I always had trouble with getting the right shape with the panels. This one looks perfect :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Jundis said:

The plough is really great! I always had trouble with getting the right shape with the panels. This one looks perfect :thumbup:

I agree. Interesting to see the ploughshares. I've been thinking how ways of creating them in technic from time to time but haven't created something I'm satisfied with.

Cool! I like the plough especially - the blue wagon wheel looks so authentic! 

Thank you, at first I wanted to use some technic wheel but later I discovered this one which is absolutely accurate

640x480.jpeg

I agree. Interesting to see the ploughshares. I've been thinking how ways of creating them in technic from time to time but haven't created something I'm satisfied with.

It is hard to recreate complex surfaces in lego... I have built several versions of it but still not completely happy with the result

Edited by rhplus

7 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I have not seen so cute and well-built MOC for a while. Good job! Makes me want to build one similalar too. :D

Hi, thank you for the compliments! I can only recommend you to build one - farm vehicles are lots of fun to build and play

Finally I found some spare time to finish next implement to my tractor.

This time it is a hay tedder inspired after the real equipment. It is connected to reat PTO which can be operated from the driver's cockpit

I made free instructions which are available on rebrickable.com

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg