I thought folks might be interested to see the Camouflaged Outpost that I built using a copy of the Hideout set (along with a good amount of bricks from my existing collection). I tried to follow the same style as the Hideout, sticking close to the original dimensions and appearance but using updated parts and build techniques. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

1XmogRK.jpg

zr61mMB.jpg

EwmmHL9.jpg

NhX2p0E.jpg

8migpaz.jpg

KSl3IjL.jpg

e2FRMpo.jpg

Edited by Warbinator

20 minutes ago, Warbinator said:

I thought folks might be interested to see the Camouflaged Outpost that I built using a copy of the Hideout set (along with a good amount of bricks from my existing collection). I tried to follow the same style as the Hideout, sticking close to the original dimensions and appearance but using updated parts and build techniques. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Hey, that looks terrific! This is exactly the kind of thing I've been waiting to see people do with these parts. I like your tasteful use of the gray panel. It gives it a bit of an old school look. The shape of that cave entrance is really well done.

1 hour ago, Warbinator said:

Superb ! This perfectly restores the spirit of the original set with current vibes. This is exactly what I'm looking for in the revival of the classic LEGO themes like Castle.

Thanks! I think I'm going to try and pick up two more copies of the set and combine those along with parts I have on hand to build a Forest River Fortress updated build as well.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, Brickroll said:

Does anyone know if you get the GWP if you preorder something? Forestmen are sort of my favorite faction, so this would be a good excuse to get them, but it unfortunately comes out like four days before the next wave I want, and I'm willing to bet it will have sold out by then. 

I think you do.  I know it counts toward the amount.  And I’ve always received a GWP when it was added to my part.  Some people have written that you don’t get it if you only preorder something because it needs to ship with something.  I can’t really argue that since I’ve never relied solely on a preordered item to get a GWP.  But there have been several times when the items I ordered were not ready to ship for some reason and the GWP came first separately.  So I am skeptical of the argument that if you only preorder, you don’t get it.  Would be nice to hear from someone who either got it solely by an preorder or had it cancelled due to that.

You need to place the order while the GWP is active and available. If you pre-order while the GWP is not active you will not get the GWP, even if it ships while the GWP is active. 

Edited by Follows Closely

39 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

What if you pre-order but include something (keyring etc) that’s available immediately?

That will work. The pre-order cost is counted towards the threshold for the GWP. If you order anything currently in stock, that will trigger a shipping event and they will ship to you, along with the GWP. As noted above, it doesn't always come in the same box, so you may get the GWP in its own box, but it will be shipping at the same time as something else.

Technically you should get the GWP if you only do a pre-order, but the terms say that they are available while stocks last, and typically the stocks don't last that long, so it's a pretty big risk.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, Warbinator said:

Gorgeous work! :thumbup: It looks very authentic to the original while also beautifully matching the new Forest Hideout's updated design.

Part of me feels like the big stone that conceals the entrance would look better in Dark Stone Grey, both so that it "reads" more clearly as stone rather than wood, and matches the secret hideout entrances from the Lion Knights' Castle, but obviously it's your MOC and your call!

This is absolutely a great remake! And it shows how Forestmen sets really stand out among all the other castle sets. 

Promobricks is saying this GWP is live already on the august 1st releases mentioning that if you got it already in June you can’t get this one or whatever but also has the same minimum purchase limit of 150 euros, It’s not midnight yet in the US site though

I'm in the US. I ordered two of the Galaxy Explorers at midnight, and it showed the GWP in my cart; no issues with me having gotten it in June.

I'm curious to see whether I'll be able to get another GWP with the castle, or whether they give me the GWP with tonight's order, for that matter.

4 hours ago, eldiano said:

Promobricks is saying this GWP is live already on the august 1st releases mentioning that if you got it already in June you can’t get this one or whatever but also has the same minimum purchase limit of 150 euros, It’s not midnight yet in the US site though

GWP are always one per household but that is rarely enforced as their order system cannot handle it properly. As always, if you place a qualifying order and they say you are getting one, then don't get one, complain and return the whole order at their expense.

Im in South east Asia and there are  few local sellers that sells this GWP  set at reasonable price and they have quite plenty instock. I dont know where they got it ( They're lego store employee perhaps?) . I bought 3 myself.

Edited by Rattlebricks

1 minute ago, Follows Closely said:

In the US I am no longer seeing 40567 when I add a qualifying item to my cart. Could it be gone already?

Seems so. Folks are Reddit are saying that it went at about 8:30 ET in the US. Incredible. Maybe they didn't make any more for the second run, so it was just leftovers? Why bother saying that it would last until August 14 if it was just leftovers? Bizarre, and somewhat irritating. Should have stayed up, or ignored getting the children ready this morning! Fortunately, I have it from last time around.

Wow. I placed an order this morning and got one. Had no idea they would sell out so fast! I assumed I'd be able to get another one when I buy the castle later this week.

44 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

This means that I have no temptation what-so-ever to buy anything this month. Win for my wallet.

Same. I am shocked they sold out so fast considering big hitters like the castle and AT-TE were not in stock yet, Starry Night had not been restocked, and The Justifier is grossly overpriced. Luckily, none of the sets left on my Wanted List are going to retire soon. I suspect that if the Wolfpack do not return in a retail set, it will be as a GWP. So perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as I have two Forestmen sets from the original run.

I'm still shocked. Will have to go to the store in person today I guess.

Edited by Something_Awesome

I managed to get one in my order shortly after midnight (EST). I'm glad since I sat it out the first time it was available.

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

This means that I have no temptation what-so-ever to buy anything this month. Win for my wallet.

Same here. I was going to buy the Castle this week for the Forrest Hideout. Now I'll just wait for Double VIP Points, a decent GWP, or a celebration (Holiday/Birthday).

I really hope the shields come onto Bricks and Pieces. And the torsos and hats, for that matter. Especially as the set has had such a limited run this time around.

Understanding that I have no idea how GWP usually works, I’m guessing the forestmen set will come back later this week. That might just be hopeless optimism on my part.