I just got my Forest Hideout today. Except for a few Technic sets and the Lego Movie 2 space sets, I haven't bought a new Lego set since the 2015 pirates. So a lot of the pieces in this set are new to me. There's a lot of interesting parts here, like the one that's half of a 2x2 circular brick. One of my favorite subtle changes (and I'm probably way late to the game in seeing this) is the new bow and arrow piece. If it weren't for the pip marks, I might not have even noticed it's a new mold. But you can see in this picture that the arrow is longer so it's easier to make them hold it with both hands.

This set totally lives up to my expectations on what a new forestmen wave should look like. I really hope we get more of these soon.

I would love a new Dark Forest set also. I always loved that theme, but the big set is too expensive, and looking at it as an adult, the build seems pretty underwhelming. But I love the spirit of that theme.

arrow-small.jpg

Got mine too!

Wonderful build and the overall shape is very pleasing. A fitting update and it looks great next to the original. 

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Got mine too!

Wonderful build and the overall shape is very pleasing. A fitting update and it looks great next to the original. 

Yes I built mine on Saturday and having built the original when I was younger this was a really nice updated version.  The tree itself had some nice upgrades with the newer trunk and pieces used for branches.  The figs are great.  I really want to expand on this with some other builds like redoing the forestmen river fortress or the forestmen crossing.  

23 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Yes I built mine on Saturday and having built the original when I was younger this was a really nice updated version.  The tree itself had some nice upgrades with the newer trunk and pieces used for branches.  The figs are great.  I really want to expand on this with some other builds like redoing the forestmen river fortress or the forestmen crossing.  

Yes!

I’ve been thinking the same thing. The camouflaged outpost is a prime candidate too. Maybe up-size it just a bit and see what curved pieces could do for a more natural boulder-like shape. 

Also, I just made my first improvement on this new set. Some blue cheese slopes really finish off the top of that roof where it flattens out for the hinge plates. 

2 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Yes!

I’ve been thinking the same thing. The camouflaged outpost is a prime candidate too. Maybe up-size it just a bit and see what curved pieces could do for a more natural boulder-like shape. 

Also, I just made my first improvement on this new set. Some blue cheese slopes really finish off the top of that roof where it flattens out for the hinge plates. 

Nice I haven't had a chance to modify mine yet hopefully this weekend I will have time for some modifications and start looking into the older forestmen sets to see what I can come up with.  

Just had a very enjoyable evening building this, watching LEGO Masters Australia.

It's really very lovely. Brought a smile to my face. I built my only other forestmen set (6066 camouflage outpost) last year again and it was terrific fun. This is certainly a better model and I hope they do an updated version of it, or I may try myself. 

I've finally ordered a couple of sets I've had on my mind for six months in order to get the GWP. When I returned to LEGO in around 2005 and learned about all the classic themes etc. Forestmen is one that really stood out to me. I'm glad it's coming back in this little form, and that I can grab a piece of it.

Well, it's the 23rd now, so the promo looks like it lasted a full week as intended (15-22 june)

Edited by TeriXeri

Should have lasted until 2200 yesterday in my time zone.  But I noticed it was not available at 1830.  So maybe it did sell out in the US, or they just ended it early.

Please keep a close look at the PaB site for these and let me/us know if any of the Forestmen parts become available there. I got 3 GWP's but I'm afraid those shields will remain exclusive and not be available for long.
40567-parts.png

The Black Falcons shields and other parts were originally hard to get as they kept selling out but soon stabilised and became easier to buy.

I remember logging in every day at 2200, finally seeing BF parts, and loading them in my cart.  Only to have them sell out before I could check out.  Was that bad in the beginning.  But I have a bunch now.  And probably will keep adding until some of the others come available.. I hope.  Just really annoying that they stopped releasing new parts immediately.  And far more annoying that they don’t say if/when they will come out.  I wouldn’t mind the delay so much if they just gave a rule and stuck by it.  Still wondering about the dark brown saddle.  Bought some in January and thought no big deal, I will buy more later.  But when they shifted they took those down and they never came back.  Same with blue forestmen hats and magenta feathers.  Bought in January but six months later not even showing as out of stock. 

1 hour ago, Black Feather said:

I remember logging in every day at 2200, finally seeing BF parts, and loading them in my cart.  Only to have them sell out before I could check out.  Was that bad in the beginning.  But I have a bunch now.  And probably will keep adding until some of the others come available.. I hope.  Just really annoying that they stopped releasing new parts immediately.  And far more annoying that they don’t say if/when they will come out.  I wouldn’t mind the delay so much if they just gave a rule and stuck by it.  Still wondering about the dark brown saddle.  Bought some in January and thought no big deal, I will buy more later.  But when they shifted they took those down and they never came back.  Same with blue forestmen hats and magenta feathers.  Bought in January but six months later not even showing as out of stock. 

Does the PAB site refresh at 22:00? Also, looked for both the 40567 and 10305 set. Both does come up, but not the new torso's.

Also, saw on instagram a new lion torso with the BAM shield, looks awesome together.

Edited by unclejeffie

45 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

Does the PAB site refresh at 22:00? Also, looked for both the 40567 and 10305 set. Both does come up, but not the new torso's.

Also, saw on instagram a new lion torso with the BAM shield, looks awesome together.

In the US it seems it often updates around midnight EST which is 2200 for me in MST.  But I am not sure if it always like this.  I have checked at various times throughout the day and seen things change.  Most often it seems around midnight EST though +/- 15 minutes.  

2 hours ago, MAB said:

The Black Falcons shields and other parts were originally hard to get as they kept selling out but soon stabilised and became easier to buy.

True, but they were in a standard retail set with ongoing production, whereas the forestmen shields are, so far, unique to a 'one-time' GWP. But hopefully at least the torsos and hats come in, as they're in the castle.

Wait, what am I missing here?

Those Forestmen parts are actually going up on sale on PAB tonight?

1 hour ago, unclejeffie said:

link?

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

Wait, what am I missing here?

Those Forestmen parts are actually going up on sale on PAB tonight?

I doubt it. That's from the missing pieces page, not Pick a Brick. It says that there is a delay ordering those parts as genuine missing pieces. They're not on Pick a Brick at all yet.

So I ordered Optimus Prime the day this went live and got one GWP, but when they announced the Galaxy Explorer I pre-ordered that and ordered two small in stock sets for my kids and per the email with the tracking # they sent a second GWP in that second order. So while the "rules" may say one per household, it looks like (in the USA at least) they're not enforcing it for two orders placed almost a week apart.

(FYI to all for future GWPs)

21 hours ago, Black Feather said:

BF torso is delisted entirely now :(  I had a cart loaded right up just waiting for double VIP to start, fml

Has there been any indication that TLG will do more of these throwback GWP's this year? Would love to see more castle or a classic space to go with 10497.

Edited by woodford86

10 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

BF torso is delisted entirely now :(  I had a cart loaded right up just waiting for double VIP to start, fml

Has there been any indication that TLG will do more of these throwback GWP's this year? Would love to see more castle or a classic space to go with 10497.

Same happened to me.  If I knew about Pickabrick before the 15th, I woulda loaded up on BF torsos and legs instead of getting a 'throwaway' Santa sleigh set.

I'll have to wait around and see if they might be back in stock later this year.

53 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

As far as I'm aware, Pick A Brick doesn't count for double VIP points?
Perhaps its different on your side of the Atlantic...

24 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

As far as I'm aware, Pick A Brick doesn't count for double VIP points?
Perhaps its different on your side of the Atlantic...

Nope, and neither does it for a gwp where i’m from. Only free shipping from 55.