This is nice! One set more in not interested in to buy! 

Nevertheless, I'm curious about the pieces list. For me it's still an incognita how they reached that price tag.

Moreover, is surprising that we're getting at the same time an excellent set, such the Audi (lots of new parts, nice looking and a more than reasonable price tag) at the same time than this one, which, unless there are some news, is overpriced. 

Ooooohhhhhhhhh I know what happened

This set is an entry in the SHRINKING CONTEST

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

19 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

:laugh_hard:

Guy with the inappropriate facial expressions, has brought back an inappropriate facial expression for this video! He strikes again!

1 hour ago, HectorMB said:

For me it's still an incognita how they reached that price tag.

Here again we have an indications that the price per piece isn't what TLG is calculating but more the price by weight. The additional weights seem to impact the price very much :D

The price is really a joke. The 42100 had 1 additional motor and was 2/3 of the price....

1 hour ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

:DDDD

2 hours ago, Unbrickme said:

Guy with the inappropriate facial expressions, has brought back an inappropriate facial expression for this video! He strikes again!

For this one time your facial expression is actually appropriate!

Edited by Milan
Please do not quote images and videos from the same page.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

The proportions on this 🐕 could not be more off.

At the end of the day it is a modular constructor toy which is restricted by the elements of LEGO system. LR13000 perhaps was too ambitious for LEGO system, they should have went with a smaller Liebherr crane. 

Edited by Milan
Please do not quote images and videos from the same page.

3 minutes ago, Oh_Hi_Mao said:

At the end of the day it is a modular constructor toy which is restricted by the elements of LEGO system. LR13000 perhaps was too ambitious for LEGO system, they should have went with a smaller Liebherr crane. 

Indeed. Remember not to quote images!

I have to say for this model as well, as someone who does not know much about cranes and how exactly they should be proportioned (and I guess that's like 99% of the people stumbling into a lego store), it does not look bad at all :) We could say it's inspired at least as much by the real crane as films are inspired by true stories :))) Anyway, I'd guess that the representation of functions and the stability/safety was a more important design goal than exact proportions, so let's wait for those. Most people could not store a larger model anyway, and whoever really wants to build it taller, can do so with extra parts. I think this is an okay compromise. But no, I'm not even thinking of buying this thing.. I still have the excavator built and untouched on my shelf.. Should do something with that instead.

@Unbrickme, why do you think the XL motor has been discontinued? Where do you get that info from?

Is there a big gearrack in the back that is connected at the bottom of  the links that connect to the top of the rear boom? The links that are just in front of the bigger links going to the counterweight.

If so, it can be used to adjust the angle of the rear boom, but that will also change the height of the counterweights…

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Lol I am convinced that if they used medium size sprockets instead of the large ones it would have looked more proportional

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Lol I am convinced that if they used medium size sprockets instead of the large ones it would have looked more proportional

Can't argue with that. Oh, and this 🐕 has been officially revealed on Brickset as well.

15 minutes ago, barberminged said:

It says so on lego.com

Interesting, it does not even list it for me now. Also, I have heard that sometimes products are shown on lego.com as retired when in reality they are just out of stock, and they come back at a later point (just some screwed up marketing/translation). Though I'd be happy if it was really retired and something more worthy of the name XL was actually introduced. But I have doubts about that happening any time soon, unless...

Does anybody see any info on the motor setup in this one? I'd guess it is using XL angular motors for the drive as the CAT did.. and L motors for the rest? Or maybe more XL angular motors for other stuff.. or..? (I am still holding my breath that the high price tag hides some surprise in the electronics)

Edited by gyenesvi

Just now, gyenesvi said:

Also, I have heard that sometimes products are shown on lego.com as retired when in reality they are just out of stock, and they come back at a later point (just some screwed up marketing/translation).

In this case it actually says "retired product" like on all discontinued sets. It's never coming back. When the error of taking it off the website, and returning happened, it never said "retired product." I'm guessting it's retired because that XL motor literally had the same torque as the L motor, and was identical in almost every way except for the form factor. Supposedly it could handle slightly more load before its power was cut by the hub, but it was never worth it to use in your own creations.

3 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Interesting, it does not even list it for me now. Also, I have heard that sometimes products are shown on lego.com as retired when in reality they are just out of stock, and they come back at a later point (just some screwed up marketing/translation). Though I'd be happy if it was really retired and something more worthy of the name XL was actually introduced. But I have doubts about that happening any time soon, unless...

Does anybody see any info on the motor setup in this one? I'd guess it is using XL angular motors for the drive as the CAT did.. and L motors for the rest? Or maybe more XL angular motors for other stuff.. or..? (I am still holding my breath that the high price tag hides some surprise in the electronics)

Weird..the XL motor shows up fine, but retired, however the hub doesnt show up at all for me when i search for it on lego.com (the retired robot inventor/large hub does however)..

7 minutes ago, Unbrickme said:

In this case it actually says "retired product" like on all discontinued sets. It's never coming back. When the error of taking it off the website, and returning happened, it never said "retired product."

That's good to know, so it's different now.

7 minutes ago, Unbrickme said:

I'm guessting it's retired because that XL motor literally had the same torque as the L motor, and was identical in almost every way except for the form factor. Supposedly it could handle slightly more load before its power was cut by the hub, but it was never worth it to use in your own creations.

Totally agree on this one, that's why I have slight hopes for it being replaced by something better.

32 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

I have to say for this model as well, as someone who does not know much about cranes and how exactly they should be proportioned (and I guess that's like 99% of the people stumbling into a lego store), it does not look bad at all :) We could say it's inspired at least as much by the real crane as films are inspired by true stories :))) Anyway, I'd guess that the representation of functions and the stability/safety was a more important design goal than exact proportions, so let's wait for those. Most people could not store a larger model anyway, and whoever really wants to build it taller, can do so with extra parts. I think this is an okay compromise. But no, I'm not even thinking of buying this thing.. I still have the excavator built and untouched on my shelf.. Should do something with that instead.

@Unbrickme, why do you think the XL motor has been discontinued? Where do you get that info from?

I'm with you here. With the better photos it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought based on the leaked box photo earlier. I mean, of course the proportions are off, but as someone said, it's a toy and not a scale model and as such it has to meet standards that scale model doesn't.

What I find most off-putting is the price - so far it doesn't seem like there's anything revolutionary inside and the new parts aren't that notable either, nor does the electronics justify the price. 50% off and I might just be interested but not as it is.

Great to see the 5x11 tapered panels in DBG, as well as the increasing availability of 3x19 frames in a variety of useful colours.

Ah something I don't like - there's only four wire rope lines going down to the hook! Granted, it would've been more complex to rig, but eight lines would've been nice, along with a heavier hook with some extra weight to keep the wires tensioned. It would've been a good opportunity to introduce the 3L diameter pulley wheel but with a pin hole

Edited by Bartybum