Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

I have to say these sets have really gained my curiousity now - I'm especially interested in seeing the Naa'vi figures, the different alien animals and the plant builds that accompany them. 

As someone who has actually really grown to like the Ninjago / Harry Potter / Elves approach of mythical creatures with molded heads and brickbuilt animals I have high hopes for the flying animals. 

My only hope is that there is a cheap way of getting a Naavi in a small set in the January wave (if I end up needing to save money and don't prioritise the Banshee or Tree of Souls sets. 

Yeah, I’m definitely going for the site 26 set, it’s honestly all I ever wanted out of avatar. I would be perfectly content with just the Samson or site 26 but bundled together is so amazing. My only hope now is that both builds are properly fleshed out, I really hope they can do both designs justice in a £100 set. Obviously I’d like to see a 50/50 split but I feel it’s gonna be more like 65/35. Do we know yet if site 26 is gonna have 2 pods or just the one? Really hoping for 2 but I wouldn’t put it past Lego to sacrifice one to flesh out the Samson and the other pod a bit more. 

another question im pondering is what will be revealed at Lego con. I believe that they will prob reveal at least the banshee set, considering it was the first one leaked and it’s also the mid range classic or iconic set, what they will use for all the marketing. It’s avatar. It’s the core parts of it, the blue people, part of a floating mountain and the 2 big blue birds. But considering how small the wave is, I do think it’s a reasonable hope that they reveal the entire wave at Lego con. Time will tell. 

I’m looking forward to this theme and a thought crossed my mind .. I wondered if they might do something with the floating mountains based on that tensegrity model a year or so ago everyone was making MOC’s of .. like using plant vines etc instead of chains ? Eager to see some reveals of the minifigures too 

I wonder if Quetalcoatlus parts from Jurassic World theme would reused/modified in this theme? I mean the flying reptile is HUGE that it kinda reminds me of alien dragon. 

Relay hyped for this theme!, the leaked set descriptions are very similar to my wish lists; give and take a couple of figures and the whole wave together covers pretty much all the content spread over my wishlists. I’m so glad too that the first wave of sets is based on the first movie only, better they hold off on the sequel until they get access to the final designs and plot details :)

I’m so so so excited for the great Leonopteryx especially; it’s an amazing and original creature design and I will love to hang it somewhere on display, and they have learned their lesson from the Harry Potter Hungarian Horntail and are giving each animal a new moulded head 👍

The figure count is a bit light for the prices, but hopefully the prints and details make up for it. 

Fingers crossed the next wave includes the hammerhead and the small wolves and more scenery, I would love a smallish ‘Forest’ set which you could get multiple of to build up more environments the pose the creatures and figures in 

On 2/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

In light of @Mr No having faked the Zelda and KoV leaks, are we sure that we are getting Avatar sets? 

What’s KoV?

8 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

What’s KoV?

A “new” theme that Mr No infamously made up (“Knights of Valor” or some nonsense) :laugh_hard:

Good thing Avatar is actually happening!

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A “new” theme that Mr No infamously made up (“Knights of Valor” or some nonsense) :laugh_hard:

Good thing Avatar is actually happening!

Ah, thanks for clarifying. And yes, I am looking forward to Avatar, too!

It has now been confirmed that the producer for the new avatar movie will be revealing just one set from the avatar line. Goddamit Lego, it’s such a small wave, just show us all of them. So what are we betting? I think the banshee flight is probably gonna be the one considering we heard about it months before everyone else and it’s the mid range set. 

Ohhhhh it looks good............. I think e.e

I can tell they using the long legs but not sure about the arms

Edited by Robert8

Will need clearer photos to make up my mind, knowing the price of this one… not sure if the value for money is there. I know there’s licensing and all the new moulds etc etc but yeah, this is getting too expensive. 

Box art looks good, build looks great if a bit small. Seems to be a good parts pack. I’m a sucker for Ninjago dragons and it seems this theme will be taking a lot of inspiration from those builds. I want to know what’s going on with the floating island side build. Very keen to see the figures, glad they’ve got tails and am excited to see that the older, longer limbs are back. 

Hopefully we don’t wait too long to see the other 3 sets. This set was the one I was least interested in and it turned out awesome. I’m glad they’re doing a wave of things just from the first movie. 

Edited by Brikkyy13

This is a certified Walmart moment :jollyroger:

From what I can see, the set looks really good. The tree is great, and so is the rock structure in the back. Toro looks awesome too.

The minifigures are blurry, but they reaffirm me that I hate the long legs. They look like weird LEGO knock-offs. Moulded heads don't help with that, at all.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is a certified Walmart moment :jollyroger:

From what I can see, the set looks really good. The tree is great, and so is the rock structure in the back. Toro looks awesome too.

The minifigures are blurry, but they reaffirm me that I hate the long legs. They look like weird LEGO knock-offs. Moulded heads don't help with that, at all.

Agreed on the figs, we will have too see better pictures. 

as for the set itself, I love it. As someone else said, it’s my least favourite set and it looks amazing! I can’t help but feel like too much parts budget went into the torok and the tree looks pretty underdeveloped. Honestly though, it’s the part of the set I care least about. The torok is also an amazing looking creature and I’m fairly sure it will look a lot better in person as box art images don’t do creature builds justice, and this one looks particularly bad. But my favourite part of this entire set is strangely the side build! Those floating rocks and plant structures off to the right look amazing, even if I don’t pick this set up, I will order the parts and copy that build. I love any type of floating island media and seeing some in Lego is amazing! 

now, as for the big question. Is this gonna be the one we see at Lego con? I think it is. It’s the biggest set, centred around the navi, and considering it has been revealed by Walmart, that means the sets images where avalible to publish. These sets don’t get sold till October so Why would they have the pictures now? As much as I hate to admit it I think this is all we are gonna see until maybe mid September of the avatar sets, as they’re only revealing 1 at Lego con. But who knows? Maybe we will see another set? It’s unlikely, but not out of the question. 

I have never been happier to be wrong about the long legs. They were needed for this theme. I still don't understand why LEGO didn't use them for Woody and more importantly Jack Skellington. However the molded heads weren't. A head piece forthe ears would have worked fine and made the figures look more... LEGOy.

Edited by Maple

30 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Avatar finally archieved cultural impact fellas!

Took them long enough! 

I have a feeling these figs are gonna be controversial. Personally, I’m not a fan. Hopefully they grow on me, but right now I’m not a massive fan of them. We also get a look at the beautiful rock build on the back, which took up way too much parts budget from the tree but I don’t care, it looks amazing! Sadly a lot bigger than I thought it was, I will have to get the parts for it if bricklink or maybe I find a deal on Amazon or something, because guess what, they’re not Lego exclusives! 

but yeah back to the figs, I think the strangest part is just how long and straight those legs are, and also the heads have noses. Mini figs do not have noses. This will be weird. But the builds are worth it! 

Oh.

Oh nooo.

They look weird.

The bodies are fine by themselves (what's weird is that people only seem to mention the long legs and not the long arms?), but those faces.

The set itself is also nice, but I don't know if I can get over those faces. And the horse is also way too blue and bland. I imagined it as more dark blue with purple details because that's how I remembered them. The dragon thing looks a little stiff as well.

They also came up with a new element for that bio-link Pandoran fauna has? Seems like an odd piece to include and assort design/development budget to. Maybe a new bow, or plant piece would've been a better choice?

Also, so much for LEGO Con. :snicker:

Edited by Alegrispa

On 1/12/2022 at 11:56 AM, Lego-fire said:

They probably don’t have the mold anymore because of stability reasons but I reckon they’d make something similar to old Woody’s legs for the Na’vi just as it would be a little silly having them be the same height of humans. 

Huh, they did use Woody’s legs!! Woohoo now we can make tall people (only blue ones, but well). Love the pics of the set, day 1 pick up :classic:, minifigs look great

So HD pictures leaked...

Based on descriptions, I thought Avatar minifigs would look bad. In reality tho, they look absolutely horrific. What monstrosities are those :jollyroger:

Seriously, those have to be some of the ugliest, most terrifying minifigures LEGO has ever made. Pure nightmare fuel.

And just like that, my interest in this theme has disappeared. 

I dunno, those look about as good as I can imagine for Lego minifigures of the Na'vi.

I think they look fine for lego-fied versions of the movie, instantly recognizable facial style/expressions, at least in the renders,  need to see actual product review to fully judge, as prints and light usually looks better in renders.

The Chima minifig heads looks a lot more weird/flat to me. (if you remove the moulded animal heads)

Edited by TeriXeri

I get the feeling that some of these reactions to the new head molds are simply because they're just that - new. It'll take a bit of time to get used to, but I think they look fantastic.

This theme is looking very promising so far! This set looks great. I hope we get a nice mix of organic & mechanical across the theme.

I think molded head or regular minifigure mold would do fine with long legs. I may pick one small set and examine the minifigures in my hands before determining it’s best or worst.