Ngoc Nguyen

42140 - App-controlled Transformation Vehicle

2 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

This set has lot of rubber insert!

Yes, if this would be equipped with PF motors, it would be instant buy for me...

Look at the side mounted panels 5/6: I guess it is the first set where you have to put a sticker on both sides of a panel :D

58 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Yes, if this would be equipped with PF motors, it would be instant buy for me...

I know a guy who does that kind of thing for past C+ sets :laugh::wink:

As the side of the box indicates, this set comes with two L motors.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Also, I've noticed that all of the C+ sets so far have their own unique motor combinations.

- 42099: 1 L, 2 XL
- 42100: 1 L, 2 XL to one hub, and 3 L, 1 XL to another hub
- 42109: 1 L, 1 XL
- 42114: 1 L, 1 XL, 1 XL Angular
- 42124: 2 L
- 42129: 3 L, 1 M
- 42131: 2 L, 2 XL Angular.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

38 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Wonder who could that be... someone with NN initials ...do you perhaps know that user :laugh: 

42 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

As the side of the box indicates, this set comes with two XL motors.

2 XL is a motor combination that isn't used in previous C+ sets. I think the statement "C+ sets so far have their own unique motor combinations" might be true.

Also, since it has only 2 XL motors, I think both of them will be used for drive. That means the transformation effect is most likely driven by gravity or springs.

According to box side this set has 2 L motor.

Edited by msk6003

Just now, msk6003 said:

Acording to box side this set has 2 L motor.

Ohh right I was wrong. Well my statement is conclusively false.

Seems there are no shock absorbers in this set and the frame is rigid. The pulley wheels can pivot in pairs.
42140_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Nice find! I am pretty sure they are part of the bistable switching mechanism, they make sure that the one of the sides pops out.

13 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

New high resolution images and to my surprise there are shock absorbers after all

The shocks are to achieve the bi-stable mechanism. Seems like only the front cabin part flips. The rear part with battery box and motors is fixed to the chassis with tracks.

*Edit: Zerobricks was faster :D

Edited by Jundis

I'm probably not going to buy this, but I'm curious to see how it works and performs. Gotta see the reviews when they come out.

15 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Anyone still dares to maintain that spoiler isn't made with new panel extenders? :pir-tongue:

Quite a strange place to introduce a new part though, as there's no functional value and aesthetic value is minimal. But maybe the new parts are required for some other set later this year, such as the Ferrari - similar to the large sprockets which were first released with 42095 but really intended for 42100.

Seems like a nice little sprung loaded over centre mechanism for the cab switching. Hopefully the wheels on the cab just push the cab past centre and the springs will then take over, keeping the little wheels lifted off the ground.

And do we have a new gear, or just a new red colour for existing gears?

10 minutes ago, allanp said:

And do we have a new gear, or just a new red colour for existing gears?

Do you mean these Red gears between the motor and rear sprocket? They have 2 studs rang between centers of axles, so existing pars are:

• 16+16 (then, we will mix them with "clutch" ones :sceptic:, plus, they look different-sized, the motorized gear looks smaller a bit) 
  • 12+20 (a weird recolor, plus the photo shows them as straight rectangular gears, not rounded bewel ones)
  • 8+24 (it wont work, since 24-teeth gear will be jammed by LBG liftarms)
  • Some other pair of straight gears, possibly of different size, where the biggest one fits the 3-stud space... 

Yay. Yet another Technic set that isn't Technic, but Racers. C'mon Lego, just reintroduce Racers if you're this committed to it, and let Technic be Technic. Also, this set is probably going to be way overpriced, like almost every other control+ set.

At least there do seem to be some interesting new parts and recolors. Like, those Red gears. What is up with that? This seems like stock photos, so it can't be a prototype thing, and it seems weird to have red gears given the potential to confuse them with clutch 16z gears.

The 1x1 panel extenders are kind of interesting, especially for adding striping.