3427657690.jpg

From promobricks.de:

LEGO Technic goes Ultimate Collector Series! With the BMW M 1000 RR, another LEGO Technic set will appear in March, which is clearly aimed at adults. The motorcycle is built on a scale of 1: 5 and not only stands on a small stand , but also includes a data sheet, as LEGO collectors know from the Star Wars theme world. The machine is white and has a wild pattern of blue and red accents. The set consists of 1922 parts and will cost 199.99 euros.

Set number:  42130
Designation:  BMW M1000 RR K66
Number of parts:  1922
Release date:  March 01, 2022
Availability:  LEGO
Recommended age:  18+
RRP:  199.99 euros

Go nuts!!!!!!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

So this means either a more realistic gear shift mechanism than the Ducati Panigale had, or no gear box at all like other Technic 18+ sets.

I couldn't care less about the onslaught of the Corvette scale cars, so this one has definitely caught my attention...

1:5 scale would put it at a little over 40cm length, which makes it about 10cm longer than the Ducati. Also, I'm curious whether this means it'll have larger wheels and tyres too, or whether we'll see new large springs. I think at this piece count and price, a gearbox would be all but guaranteed.

Edited by Bartybum

21 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I couldn't care less about the onslaught of the Corvette scale cars, so this one has definitely caught my attention...

1:5 scale would put it at a little over 40cm length, which makes it about 10cm longer than the Ducati. Also, I'm curious whether this means it'll have larger wheels and tyres too, or whether we'll see new large springs. I think at this piece count and price, a gearbox would be all but guaranteed.

It has to have new bigger tires since the largest motorcycle wheels from the last BMW are 100.6mm with 75mm rims and 1:5 scale would mean 130.4mm rear and 120mm front tires. That is huge!

2 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

100.6mm with 75mm rims and 1:5 scale would mean 130.4mm rear and 120mm front tires.

How did you get those numbers? I can't follow.

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The real motorcycle has 120/70 ZR17  and 200/55 ZR17 wheels, used an online tire convertor to get the diameter in mm and divided by 5.

What a monster this will be size-wise *huh*
A bit dissapointing it's not in-scale with neither the UCS supercars nor the Ducatti though, but if this means it'll have a more complex mechanics, would be great. Maybe functional brakes? Plenty of space for it, albeit they'd need something similar to the flex cables....

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

200/55 ZR 17 on rear -> 653mm diameter -> 1/5scale -> 130mm
120/70 ZR 17 on front -> 599mm diameter -> 1/5 scale 120mm

Edit: seems I was a tad slow to answer:laugh:

Edited by syclone

5 minutes ago, syclone said:

200/55 ZR 17 on rear -> 653mm diameter -> 1/5scale -> 130mm
120/70 ZR 17 on front -> 599mm diameter -> 1/5 scale 120mm

Thanks for the calculation. If the scale is true this thing is gonna be massive *huh**huh**huh*

The large tractor tire is only 107mm in diameter. This set will have wheels bigger than the tractor tire!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Interesting! I hope we'll get some nice new pieces apart from the wheels. But I can alredy see the GBC guys using them in very cool ways.

A bit weird to up the scale as it will no longer fit with the other bikes. I guess main the goal was to make a bigger, more expensive Model that is supposed to be displayed alone. Or maybe there will be more in the future...

They better use a solid brick for the wind shield this time, It is going to be a UCS after all. But I wouldn't be suprised if they just do the Kinder suprise egg plastic again like with the Ducati. We'll see.

Assuming the info is correct in regards of scale, here's more or less how it will look like side-by side with Sian:

sianvsbmw.jpg

Wow. Those rims & tires won't be cheap to produce for sure, TLG really should have some long term plans with huge builds. 

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

Wow. Those rims & tires won't be cheap to produce for sure, TLG really should have some long term plans with huge builds. 

Don't worry about production costs. The molds in China cost 1/5th to produce there so even if they are used just for this set (e.g. CMF), it's still a no brainer.

Wow.... this was unexpected.  At least for me.  I think this is new and excited.  Will pay attention to this with anticipation...

36 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I think that will be long term series as supercars. They will use new rims an tires in next UCS motorcykles :)

5 minutes ago, eric trax said:

They will use new rims an tires in next UCS motorcykles

Tires possibly, but not the wheels. Look at how many times the Supercar wheels have been reused. Exactly, never. And that's how it should be. If you pay 200 bones for a bike you can expect special wheels that recreate the real ones.

I hope they introduce front mudguards too. It would be just weird at that size not to have the front mudguard. But probably better to keep our expectations low...

Edited by MajklSpajkl

14 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Ir would be just weird at that size not to have the front mudguard. But probably better to keep our expectations low...

Just like how a certain 450 EUR construction machine set shouldn't have fake cylinders, oh wait...

50 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Just like how a certain 450 EUR construction machine set shouldn't have fake cylinders, oh wait...

You said it, not me :innocent:

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

And that's how it should be.

I respectfully disagree (regardless of any contractual obligations TLC may have). Wheels being reused in a future set doesn't diminish their debut appearance

Unless you meant that an expensive licensed vehicle requires special wheels, which I definitely agree with

Edited by Bartybum

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Wheels being reused in a future set doesn't diminish their debut appearance

What are you trying to say? Of course wheels don't look worse on the vehicle they were made for only because they will be reused later. But if there is a second UCS Superbike coming, it will for sure have custom wheels again, because on that  second bike they will look off. 

Nobody would have liked the Chiron better with wheels form the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

1 minute ago, Gray Gear said:

What are you trying to say?

Never mind, I must have completely misunderstood what you said

This might be a good set to introduce long, hard shock absorbers in the front! I also think we might need bigger pistons and engine blocks at this scale.