MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Glad to see that, on top of snow printing, Chewbacca's fur highlights are finally done in medium nougat! Looks far better and more accurate than dark tan, imo, so hopefully we get a non-snow variant in the near future

EDIT: Just noticed, the 4x4 dish piece on the side is new! It has stud cutouts on the sides, so you no longer need to have it resting on a tiled surface or a 4x4 round plate

Edited by AIex

+ good speeder bike build
+ snowy Cheewie/updated version
+ battle pack

- it's not a big deal but sad to see they don't even try to print legs of some figs anymore. As they had better and more detailed figs before it's just a step down.
- so battle packs for 20€? At least I think they could have put like another figure, a smallish base plate or something. I get it, inflation, prints cost money etc. But at least give us something! 1/4 price increase is a lot.

Worst case they could just extend the "snow trench"-build. Some white pieces cann't cost that much for the company but it would add play value.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Wait, where?

I noticed that the medium-sized blasters on the snowtroopers battlepack main image were a bit different. But I think this is because it's a render rather than an actual picture...

The lifestyle images for that set - where the child is playing with the set - show the standard blasters we have known for years now.

I think the sets look pretty great. The figures in the AT-ST are fantastic--I don't think anybody was expecting much out of it, but snow Chewie, the really good-looking probe droid, and the wholly-new Hoth AT-ST driver are all excellent additions, and the Rebel trooper being the same style as Assault on Hoth is nice as well (although I do think it's a bit odd that there's only one Rebel in the wave; it would've made more sense for there to be a Rebel battle pack to go with the Imperial one). Speaking as someone with a large Hoth display, I love that they've picked a standard and maintained it for a while; I was one of the few people that really liked Assault on Hoth, and I consider this whole wave with the AT-AT to be an extension of that, which works very well. I don't think the AT-ST driver is actually canon, since AFAIK the snow variant of that uniform, if it exists, has never appeared anywhere, but it's certainly consistent with the others. The battle pack is very simple, certainly, but it's everything you'd want out of a battle pack, and I'm definitely going to get at least two of them (since that's how many I need to have all forty snowtroopers for my AT-AT). The scout is a solid figure, and that plus three snowtroopers is definitely a better selection than the previous Hoth battlepack. I wish the E-web was the same as the one in the AT-AT, but I do understand why they want to include a shooter somewhere in the playset.

AT-ST & Battle pack are a must buy, all we need now is a T47 Snowspeeder in the matching scale and it's a win unless one already exists.  

7 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

AT-ST & Battle pack are a must buy, all we need now is a T47 Snowspeeder in the matching scale and it's a win unless one already exists.  

All the snowspeeders are effectively minifig-scale already, so you would be served equally well by any of the ones from 1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, or 2019.

1 hour ago, AIex said:

EDIT: Just noticed, the 4x4 dish piece on the side is new! It has stud cutouts on the sides, so you no longer need to have it resting on a tiled surface or a 4x4 round plate

I spotted that and to me, it looks like the new DBG part is the first non-transparent use of the 79850 part from the Hogwarts Icons set this year...

<edit>...or maybe it's a new mould after all? Hard to tell!

Edited by manglegrat

Now that I can see them clearly I love that they fixed the attachment of the steering vanes on the speeder bike compared to the 2020 version, but I find myself surprisingly disappointed that they again had to offset the megaphone piece standing in for the power-cell to make space for the blaster when finally after 20+ years they managed to put it on the underside.
Still I'm sure I'll grab at least one, although that price increase feels unjustified now that I can finally see the product.

The AT-ST, while surely an interesting variant, is an easy pass for me. I'm quite happy with my RO version and this one does not call to me as other "repeats" did in the past, although I'm happy for all the people clamoring for a snowy Chewbacca.

Nice to see the Hoth battle packs to fill out the AT-AT. How many seats are in the AT-AT? Just trying to gauge how many battle packs you'll need to fill it up.

24 minutes ago, AyeMatey said:

Thank you! That's a lot of battle packs lol. I'm sure that is entirely unintentional...

40 troops is the capacity stated in the Star Wars canon.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport_(Galactic_Civil_War)

Quick edit, it's actually 5 crew plus 40 troops. I'm sure we will find a way of squeezing the extras in!

Edited by SquirrelArmy

5 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

40 troops is the capacity stated in the Star Wars canon.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport_(Galactic_Civil_War)

Quick edit, it's actually 5 crew plus 40 troops. I'm sure we will find a way of squeezing the extras in!

Three of the five are the cockpit crew, and there're multiple entire empty bays for the other figures. You could put another bank of 16 chairs in the lower middle section where the E-web currently goes, and more in with the speeder bikes or power plant if you wanted. It could carry 60 figures easily.

4 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Three of the five are the cockpit crew, and there're multiple entire empty bays for the other figures. You could put another bank of 16 chairs in the lower middle section where the E-web currently goes, and more in with the speeder bikes or power plant if you wanted. It could carry 60 figures easily.

Is there room for 5 speeder bikes too? Could be getting a little cosy for those onboard

8 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

Is there room for 5 speeder bikes too? Could be getting a little cosy for those onboard

I think room for 4. You'd still have the middle lower chamber for additional figures/seats. 

40 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I think room for 4. You'd still have the middle lower chamber for additional figures/seats. 

The UCS comes with General Veers commanding the vehicle plus pilot & co-pilot/gunner. 1 snowtrooper commander & 4 snowtroopers and two bikes. 

To fill the set to capacity you'd need the following;

Two of the new battle packs; each includes 1 bike, 3 snowtroopers and 1 scout trooper. This would take the troop complement to 13 on top of the crew of 3 but leave no more room for bikes. You would have to source an additional 25 Snowtroopers and 2 scout troopers.

Hopefully there will be another battle pack on the horizon without the speeder bike option.

If you want to go even further and spec your AT-AT to match the canon AT-AT, you'd have to find room for an additional bike as well as two more minifigs to represent the engineer and loadmaster. This will involve some modification to the set so will wait until I have it before I can see what can be done with the rear cargo bay

I think I might go Snowtrooper shopping before the demand for them starts rising!

Wow! An actually well balanced battle pack. I see no drawbacks design wise. 4 fully useable minifigs, great snow scout trooper, no stud shooters for the minifigs but real weapons, on scale speeder and heavy weapon, a small usable terrain and a nice black candle as a bonus for a weapon…

But well, it has a drawback, the increased price for a battle pack… nothing is perfect 

Edited by dvogon

Battle pack is great, $33 AUD is very tough to swallow though. 

AT-ST is good. It seems like in their effort to make a model with the shaping of the ESB version they’ve made a more accurate ROTJ version :iamded_lol: It’s just missing the decal on the side of the head but other than that it looks great. 

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Battle pack is great, $33 AUD is very tough to swallow though

Yep, either we pay extra for the fourth useable minifig or this is an AT-AT upselling tax

Don’t like any of those perspectives though 

6 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Yep, either we pay extra for the fourth useable minifig or this is an AT-AT upselling tax

AT-AT add on tax seems most likely. Looking at this battle pack next to the mando battle pack, there’s definitely more plastic going into the snowtrooper pack. Absolutely not $10 worth of extra plastic tho

The Hoth Battlepack looks great. Its nice we're getting regular blasters again instead of stud shooters and none of the parts feel wasted on useless builds. I also like that they've taken the Speeder Bike design from 75288 and really perfected upon it. Its easily the best design yet and really hope to see an Endor version in the near future. Shame the price is a bit high for the set.

The AT-ST looks fine. I appreciate that they've attempted to base it on the original ESB design but it doesn't look all that different from the last few they've released which have all felt larger than they needed to be. The snow covered Chewbacca is a great inclusion though and the Probe Droid build is easily the best one yet.

I just noticed that the new set #s are 75320 and 75322. Do we have rumors saying that it's a microfighter or could it be something like, say, a Snowspeeder?

Just now, MAVERICK26 said:

I just noticed that the new set #s are 75320 and 75322. Do we have rumors saying that it's a microfighter or could it be something like, say, a Snowspeeder?

The rumor is that it is a Razor Crest microfighter.

Still makes no sense to me that they didn‘t reveal the MF today :wacko: What‘s the plan here, secretly throwing it on s@h come Jan 1st, letting a random webshop reveal it, or dedicating a separate announcement to it? :tongue: The Mario and Marvel reveals were also split, but at least there it makes some sense

[visible disappointment]

Do y'all think that they're going to stagger the reveals or is this itf or the January wave? If this is it it's going to be pretty pathetic.